Saturday, January 4, 2014

Vintage Bead Board Primitive Cabinet Makeover

Some time ago, while searching on Craigslist, I happened to see this add for a vintage Bead board Primitive cabinet. After several attempts at emailing the seller about it, and getting no response from them, I decided to have hubby (aka Brian), give it a shot.....and so he did, and wouldn't you know it, they responded back to him within 10 minutes!! What??, lol ! Anyways, he happened to be working over in that town that next day, so he went there, checked it out, and brought it home, Yeah!!

So the first 2 photos are how it originally looked. The outside wasn't bad, just needed a bit of cleaning and painting. The inside REALLY needed some cleaning and painting...did not like the red shelves.




And below are the photos of it's transformation! For the outside, I painted it a VERY soft pale shabby pink


The inside was painted a pretty light shabby blue, and each shelf area was treated to a different Vintage wallpaper for the back.


Here it is all filled with some of my pretty Shabby chic linens and special Vintage treasures :) I am so happy with how it turned out! Even better than what I was imagining it could be!


My next thing I am keeping an eye out for on Craigslist is just the right shabby farmhouse table.

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting!
Until next time sweet friends !!

16 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Brenda, Your cabinet looks really awesome with your makeover. I thought I would do some reading while I listen to the wind and watch it snow. I like your pink and white Christmas Tree. My daughter made her white one a snowman Christmas Tree. Have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and warm. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Great cabinet and makeover! Love it!
I wish my hubby enjoyed pieces like that.
Happy new Year!
Warmly,
deb

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Thank you so much Shirley & Deb! We are getting snow here too, Shirley. Decided our youngest son should head back to college a day early, to avoid driving in this awful weather. He's attending Oakland University here in Michigan, on the other side of the state (3 hours drive!) So he's now safely over there :)

Marilyn said...

Your vision for this piece was so pretty-as shown in the pictures of your work. Thanks for sharing with us!♥♫

Sherry said...

What a great transformation. It is always fun to see wonderful pieces of furniture get such a lovely makeover.

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Thank you so much Marilyn and Sherry for your sweet comments! It truly was a labor of love transforming this sweet cabinet <3

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love seeing this again...after seeing it on FB. I love it! I am so going to treat myself to some vintage wallpaper one of these days!

Unknown said...

Wat mooi Brenda!!
Wat ziet je kast er nu mooi uit.
En je heb hem ook mooi ingericht.
Een heel fijn en gezond en creatief 2014.
Lieve groetjes Brie

Unknown said...

veramente molto bello!!!! brava

Unknown said...

veramente molto bello!!!! brava

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda! Happy New Year! I have been a bad blogger lately, and hope to get back into the swing! Love this pretty cabinet, and what a great makeover!! How is that sweet little grandson? Has the new baby been born yet?

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda,
Thank's for your friendship! Your cabinet is amazing.I love your wallpapers...great choice.
xo Vladka

Unknown said...

Hi dear,looove so much your cabinet-its really amazing piece and the wallpaper too ♥
Have a nice day!!!xoxo

Unknown said...


lovely home ...i love your blog!!
great piece and lovely makeover..
have a nice day !!

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

So great ! I love the shabby wall papers too.

xoxo from PARIS

Joëlle

Unknown said...

Oi, Brenda!
Conheci seu blog hoje e fiquei encantada!
Que lindo! Amo o estilo shabby!
Compartilhei uma foto de sua autoria no meu blog, e espero sua visita.
Beijos!

http://aiadavovo.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails