Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ruffled Bedskirt turned Tablecloth

Hello everyone! I've been meaning to do this particular post for a while, but kept forgetting to take pictures for it, and so today I FINALLY did, lol :) I had purchased one of these ruffled bedskirts for my bed, as I had seen one on a blog (forget which one), and loved it....then a short time later while visiting some blogs, I saw one that had used it for a tablecloth, and fell in love with the idea. So I purchased another (from Overstock.com), put it on my table, but felt something just wasnt' quite right.....first of all, all bedskirts only have 3 sides, and I wasn't liking the fabric used for the top...too shiny and sheer for my tastes...plus I have an Oak table, so it was showing thru. Soooo.... while out thrift shopping I found a nice white linen tablecloth that would work perfectly. I placed the tablecloth onto the table, and cut around it just below the top of the table...then I cut off the top of the bedskirt, and did a simple stitch to apply the ruffled part of the bedskirt to the tablecloth. Where the ends met, I just simply overlaped a bit, tucked it under, and finished stitching it in place, and tah dah!




You can see the raw edges of where I sewed the 2 together, which is just fine with me, as it gives it a more shabby chic look to it :)



These next photos are just a few more that I took, while taking photos of the tablecloth....my Dining room is my favorite room in the whole house...I just love the feel and look of the room :)






Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! The sun has been shining here in Michigan, but it is still way too cold for me...I'm soooooo ready for Spring, lol :)

I am linking this post to Cielo's Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Until next time sweet friends!!

26 comments:

theromanticrose said...

E' bellissima!!!La campana con la rosa ed i candelabri ci stanno bene!Quanto è bellissima la tua casa!!!!!!Baci,Rosetta

Tracy said...

It looks adorable!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Brenda,
Oh....I've been wanting to do something just like this!!! Now I"m going to be keeping my eyes out at thrift shops and sales ;) :) This is beautiful :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

The tablecloth is wonderful! What a great idea! I am going to start looking for a ruffled bed skirt!

Jane
Flora Doora

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Brenda,
Love the bed skirt turned tablecloth.
I went to overstock.com yesterday and looked for the bed skirt, will definitely have to look into doing that.
I miss the snow for the winter...just not 6 months of the year!!!
Thank you for sharing
Suzann ~xoxo~

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Brenda...
That is soooo beautiful. It must be the rage cuz the gal i am working with locally wants one for her shop and my girlfriend is going to make it for her. Dont think i have seen one before, but it is so dreamy..Im going to have her come over here to see how beautifully yours turned out.

Are you buried in snow in your part of Michigan?
Stay warmmy sweet friend!
Be blessed,
Lorena!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG, your house should totally be in a magazine, it is just gorgeous, and that table cloth is unbelievable, I want it! I see your dress form, she looks ready for the party!! Thank you for putting up my party button! Oh you asked if people had trouble keeping blogs on their blog roll, yes I have heard this from many people! In the short while I have been blogging, blogger has had continual problems. I am going back to look at your house one more time LOL!

Carol

liszha said...

It is gorgeous! Can't believe it is a bedcover.
Your dining room is absolutely beautiful!

Victorian1885 said...

It looks beautiful Brenda!

Loretta said...

Wow, that is so very pretty.
I love your dining room too.
I esp. love the china hutch with all the gorgeous rose china things.

Mari said...

Hi my talented friend,
I just adore the way your table cloth truned out, simply beautiful, I have seen them before and totally love them....

Great job my friend :)
xo~
Mari

Heirloom treasures said...

Hello Brenda, I am visiting from For the Love of White,where I saw your post about your tablecloth. I had to come over for a look. I just love your pretty home and the Shabby Chic look. It's beautiful. I will now follow you
x jeanetteann

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love this! Janae's table works with the normal size twin sheet but my table is smaller and oval so I really want to do one like yours. Now I have to find one! Your blog is beautiful! I used to breed and show silver persians and I adore your kitties. I am your newest follower. Glad I found you!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Um...LOVE IT! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!

You are incredible.

xoRebecca

Janae said...

Wow it looks great, I bet you love it, I sure love mine, lucky for me I liked the sheer shinny part on top which made it super easy! I ordered one for my bed too I am expecting to come in the mail in next few days I am so excited! I am following you now :)

Ginger said...

Oh so beautiful and shabby. I'm going to see if I can find one too. Would look beautiful in my tea room. Thanks for the idea.
Ginger

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh so scrumptious, Brenda! I've got to get me one of those only thing is, I don't sew. Good job!

Blessings,
Sandi

Holly Loves Art said...

You clever girl YOU! What a lovely idea. Looks so perfect. Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a marvelous day.
Cheers,
Holly

Jocelyne said...

Oh my goodness! I really like it. I'll be on the lookout now for ruffled bed skirts when I'm out thriftin'. I found one for a single bed not too long ago but passed it up because all of our beds are at least full size. I knew I should've bought it anyway. Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful! Jocelyne

Dixie said...

thanks for inviting me over! You did a wonderful job on that tablecloth... Now, if my Ricky complains... I'll have an alternative... but I think he'll like it much better as a bed ruffle! LOL

have a wonderful week. Love your blog.. and your dining room IS to die for!!

blessings. Dixie

Sherry said...

I love what you did with the bedskirt to make the fabulous tablecloth. You do have a lovely dining room.

Unknown said...

That is darling! I love it. I think that I would like to make one and tea stain it. Thank you for the great idea. I have never been to your blog before. It is so cute! :)

~Liz

CIELO said...

I so love it! It turned out beautifully and I want one just like it! I've been craving a ruffled tablecloth like that for the longest time--way too expensive and I dunno how to sew ;)

Thanks for participating in our Show Off Your Cottage Monday and bringing me here!

Cielo

Unknown said...

nice post. Now you can use this business b2b directory list to promote table linen import & export business.

Missy said...

Legitimately the cutest table cover ever! That is just so lovely - definitely on my DIY list!

Twin Bedskirt Pink said...

I am going to start looking for a ruffled bed skirt! ... twinbedskirtpink.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails