Friday, January 27, 2012

Goodwill Treasures ~ Past & Present

Happy Friday everyone! I am so glad the weekend is finally here, but they are calling for snow tonight and into tomorrow ~ Yesterday on the news they talked about the blizzard of '78, where we got several feet of snow ~ I was about 14 years old, and I can remember my father having to literally plow his way home from work ~ he worked at Steelcase in Grand Rapids, which on a normal day would taken around a half hour to 45 minutes...but on that day it took him several hours! I can remember looking out our living room window, and watching him plow his way down our dead-end gravel road, slowly making his way to our driveway! It was just unreal!

Okay, on to today's post....yesterday while out doing my weekly grocery shopping, I stopped at 2 of our local Goodwill stores...one in Newaygo and the other in Fremont, and found some things to bring back home with me....sometimes when I stop to look, I end up leaving with nothing...and feeling depressed, lol :)

First up is the wonderful metal wall hanging that I got for just $3....I plan to paint it white once we have warmer weather here in Michigan. I may even put it up on the ceiling in our Dining room as a ceiling medallion for our chandelier.



and I also found another vintage filigree picture frame (LOVE these), a 12" pillow insert, and a vintage filigree sconce...



These next photos I am going to show you are of some of the past treasures that I found at GW.... first, is the lamp base and shade, which I redid with some soft pink fabric, gimp and rose...the mirror to the right is also a GW find...



Everything displayed on this table all came from Goodwill, except for the tablecloth ~ I redid this shade in the same pink fabric to match the other one...



These next 2 photos show my most favorite GW finds....all we had to do to this wall cabinet was add the beadboard to the back and paint it white...



and this cabinet only needed to be painted white...



So the next time you are "out-n-about" and you see a Goodwill store, be sure to stop in and take a look around, as you never know what treasures might be waiting there just for you!

Be sure to enter my VALENTINES GIVEAWAY, you can click the photo at the top of my right sidebar to wisk you to that post....just leave a comment to be entered.

Have a wonderful week everyone! Until next time sweet friends!!

9 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

I LIVE at Thrift Stores. :) They know me by name! They say "Oh here comes that CRAZEE lady who leaves with two shopping carts full of JUNK!"

:) :) :)

You are singing my song! Love your finds!

xoR

Unknown said...

Oh what great finds Brenda! I too have my weekly rounds to my favorite thrfting store...oh the trasures you find are amazing huh? Lol
Are you close to where they get all the snow? We seem to be in the banana belt so to speak as most storms either go north or south..unless its a doozie.
Stay warm a d cozy!
Be blessed,
Lorena

Mari said...

Brenda, you do find the most beautiful items at goodwill...
My dear mom and I have a couple of favorite goodwill around us.....
Love all your new treasures sweetie ;)

Smiles,
Mari

Jocelyne said...

Gotta love GW! I am a regular at the two stores nearest me. They noticed when I wasn't coming in! (I was trying to stop going in so much!) I think you found some great items. All are things I certainly would've picked up.

Heirloom treasures said...

lucky you Brenda,lovely finds. I love visiting Goodwill too. I love finding those sort of frames, I found a little clock too with that edging like your frame.
Love your plate racks with the pink rose patterned china. Very shabby Chic.
Happy Hunting. x jeanetteann

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love all your goodwill finds! Sometimes I wonder if I should post about how much I love Goodwill--I may be creating more competition in finding these treasures!LOL! Have a great weekend.

Victorian1885 said...

You have some great treasures.. I too love the hunt for these beauties!

Hugs,
Wanda

chateau de fleurs said...

Brenda you must be the luckiest goodwill shopper I know but you also have the eye to fix things up beautifully! XO Christie

Susan said...

You do so well at Goodwill. You are creative in how you fix up your finds.
I use to go to Goodwill a lot,but their prices are so high anymore, I do better at Yard Sales.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails