Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vintage Mirrors for White Wednesday

Hello Everyone, and Happy 1st day of February!

Today I am joining Kathleen, over at FADED CHARM, for White Wednesday.

I thought I would share with you some of the mirrors that I have either been given, found at Goodwill, or at my local Antique store....and that have all been given a shabby white makeover to.

First up is this wonderful heavy metal mirror that I found at Goodwill....I actually didn't have to do a thing to this one, as it was already painted a nice cottage white, but just needed a good cleaning. I did display this on the wall in our Living room, but have just recently placed it on my fireplace overmantle.



One of my favorite style of mirrors to look for are these vintage filigree metal mirrors...they are usually found in either gold or silver, and I always paint them white....sometimes pink :) These next 2 photos show 2 that are displayed in my Vintage cabinet in our Dining room...





Another style I am always on the hunt for are Vintage Syroco mirrors...I have 2 of these, this one below is displayed in our Master Bedroom....



and the other is in our Living Room....the sweet little mirror is a Goodwill find, and the other mirror below it was found at one of the local Antique stores a few years ago....and yes, that is our Big Black Box tv you see....there's no hiding it, so one must "work around" it, lol :)



This fabulous large mirror was given to us by my father-in-law....originally brown wood, I painted it white, of course :) This mirror hung in our Dining room for a few years, but when I moved the fireplace & overmantle in there, I had to move the mirror into the living room.



And lastly, is another sweet Vintage filigree mirror...this one I've displayed on the coffee table, and have placed a couple of Goodwill candleholders on it...oh yes, gotta love Goodwill!



Thanks so much for stopping by ~ please be sure to check out all the other wonderful whites being shown today for White Wednesday.

Don't forget to enter my Valentine's Giveaway if you haven't already ~ just click HERE to take you to the post so you can leave your comment for a chance to be entered...last day to enter is February 7th!

Until next time sweet friends

22 comments:

Becky said...

lovely mirrors.I love the flowers up around that one.So precious and shabby of course.Blessings!

Ruffles and Relics said...

your mirrors are beautiful and I love those candle holders!!

Anonymous said...

Such Beauty everywhere .... especially in the feline department!! LOL!!
Have A Great Day!!
Marilyn

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I just love old mirrors and these are great!

Eileen said...

I just love all your mirrors! The big oval is my favorite, along with the one you used as a tray ~ so pretty!

Mari said...

Hi Brenda,
What a beautiful collection of vintage mirrors you have, I just love the large on in your living room now, just gorgeous, give your sweet Seth a gentle hug from me.....

Hugs~
Mari

Lorraine said...

They are all just beautiful, and love the kitties too!! ==^..^== ~Lorraine

Char said...

Hi Brenda,
you have a nice collection of lovely mirrors. You also are very lucky when shopping for goodies. I love it all, esp. the mirror over the mantle,
Char

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
You are talking my language here girl.....mirrors, mirrors....I love them and can't seem to get enough.

Love yours and how you have them displayed.

hugs
Sissie

Rebecca Nelson said...

Sweet my friend. SWEET! Love your mirrors and your heart!

xoRebecca

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love all your mirrors and all your pretty things. I have both the vintage syroco mirrors you showed--the one you have in your bedroom is the one I have glued to my bathroom mirror. I LOVE that mirror--such a pretty shape. Thanks for sharing all your pretty things!

Heirloom treasures said...

oh do I love mirrors? everywhere there is a space I will put a mirror. Lovely
xx jeanetteann

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda, Everything is gorgeous. I love your mirrors and the large one is beautiful. You sure place things together so yummy wonderful!!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

So pretty and romantic!

I found you on Roeshel's/The DIY Showoff's new Linky Followers and am now following you too ...

Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com
http://itallstartedwithpaint.com

Beth said...

Hi Brenda, Your mirrors are lovely, and so are your teapots! Thanks for following me on Linky. I am following you as well.
Hugs, Beth

Unknown said...

So romantic! You have a beautiful blog! Thanks for following me and I am following you back!

Lynn said...

Your blog is lovely, Brenda! I love cottage style decorating and repurposing pretty things from the thrift store so naturally I love your work. I'm following you via Linky Followers and GFC and hope you'll pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back vis Linky Followers since I'm a non-Blogger blog. I have a giveaway going on also. My Choose Joy Giveaway ends Feb. 14th and I invite you to enter, if you haven't already. http://www.cottageandcreek.com/Blog-Archive.aspx?id=2536 Thanks!
Lynn at Cottage and Creek
Email: Lynn@nsytes.com
www.cottageandcreek.com

Eclectically Vintage said...

I love all your mirrors - I too have a mirror fetish (too many to hang)! Love that you paint your finds white- so pretty! Linky Follower!
Kelly

Shirley said...

Hi Brenda, I can't decide which one of your mirrors I like best. They are all so pretty. Your home is so beautifully decorated. I enjoy coming to see what you have been doing. Have a great day. A Missouri Friend.

Janae said...

So I too love the vintage sryroco mirrors! I probably have about 15 of them I am trying to collect enogh so I can do an entire wall of them! The two you have are almost the exact two I have on either sides of my bed! They look lovly in your home!

Rachael said...

Great post with great info. Had a good look around on your site and I will be back!
Wholesale Cotton Bags

Invest Antiques said...

Oh! This is really beautiful post. Mirrors are a versatile decorative element that give instant polish to a room with little effort. Using a mirror for an entire wall can increase the beauty of wall.
Antique Furniture

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails