Monday, February 27, 2012

Vintage Hamper Makeover ~ Lampshade Re-do ~ Rose Accent Pillow

Happy Monday everyone!

Well, I was so disappointed that the Daytona 500 wasn't able to run yesterday because of all the rain, so they postponed it for noon today.....well....it's STILL raining there, so know it's scheduled for 7 p.m. ~ the forcast shows the rain to be moved out by 3 p.m., so we'll see. It will take them at least a couple of hours or so to get the track completely dried and ready for racing!

So, instead of watching the race, I went ahead and painted the vintage hamper that I showed you in my last post....it's now painted a soft pretty pale pink, and I am soooo loving it!!



I also gave a lampshade I found at Goodwill some time ago a transformation.... the fabric I used is from some pretty off-white Irish Damask linen napkins I picked up at a thrift store this past fall...and some similar colored gimp trim, and a slightly darker fringe trim around the bottom. Very simple and so elegant ~ I haven't decided if I'm going to keep this shade, or offer it up on one of my selling sites....I don't have a base for it yet, so maybe I'll go on a hunt for the perfect one...the one it's shown displayed on now, is one that I have a pink shade for, and want to keep that one on it, as it matches another shade that I also have in the room.



This morning I finially got down to work and started creating some new things to offer up on both Ebay and Etsy....it's been probably almost 2 weeks since I've done any sewing!! Just didn't have the ambition to do so, I guess, but today I'm finally starting to feel a bit in the creative mood :) This sweet accent pillow is made using 2 lovely Mary Rose prints, both of which are no longer being made, which is such a shame! You'll also find pretty Venice lace trim, and a bow of Vintage pink ribbon. I'll be listing this sweet pretty either later today or tomorrow on Ebay.

UPDATE: This pillow is now Sold ~ Thank you Miss J


I have a hair appointment in just over an hour...finially getting it colored again to hide that "you know what" hair we ladies aren't too fond of, lol :) Hubby says I should just "let it go", What??? Oh no!! I'll keep coloring it as long as there is hair on this head, LOL :)

Have a great week everyone!! We're expecting to get some Ice here in Michigan Tuesday night into Wednesday morning...hopefully we don't lose power!! Yikes!!

Until next time sweet friends!!

6 comments:

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda,

Nice to have you visit! Oh, I found that chocolate cream cheese, and it is delightful! They had strawberries on sale at the grocery store, and oh my goodness! I am in trouble now LOL! The stuff is soooo creamy, and spread on the strawberry, it is decadent! Tastes just like those gourmet chocolate covered strawberries! Hope you can find it. I would send you some, but it needs refrigeration.

Hugs,
Debbie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
Love the sweet hamper and the lamp.
Your pillow creation is 2die4 as usual.

hugs
Sissie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'm a huge NASCAR fan and will be watching it tonight!
We are expecting a huge snow fall late tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm ready! Went to the grocery store.
Let's go Racing!
Warmly,
deb

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Great projects--looks like you are keeping busy! I'm with you with the hair dying thing--my hair was completely white by the time I was 30. A unfair trick God played on almost everyone in our family!

Special 'K' said...

I am loving that hamper. I am so excited to find and follow new special places. I have no doubt I will enjoy engaging and supporting this wonderful space you have created. Thank you for sharing, I am so glad to meet you. I hope you will find some time to come visit me soon. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Anonymous said...

I love the hamper and lamp re-do's...they look great...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails