Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time for the Dress Form Party!

Hello everyone! Today is the day for the start of "The Polka Dot Closet's Dress Form Party" Thank you to Carol, our Hostess with the Mostess!! For hosting this wonderful new Blog party.

Here is my lovely lady Dress Form, all ready to join the ball ~ She's all decked out in lovely pink and roses...

The inspiration I got for dressing my manniquin/dress form, is from the very talented Janet at Shabbyfufu ~ she designs and creates the most exquisite ladies you have Ever seen ....Click HERE to take you to see some of the beauties she made.



She's wearing one of my favorite Vintage Rose covered hats...



And you will find more roses around the top of her....most of these are from another Vintage hat that I had....simply removed the roses and glued them onto her body...Yummy! Underneath the roses is a Vintage crochet collar...



And of course, no party or ball would be complete without wearing some Bling ~ We've chosen this large Vintage Rhinestone Brooch....



Over the top of her skirt she is wearing a Vintage rose apron....just to be safe, in case she get's a "little tipsy" at the party and accidently spills some champange or something....ya never know with her, lol :) She is also carrying a lovely little bag made with lots of vintage lace trims and a single vintage rose..



Here's a better view of her skirt, which is a Vintage pink petticoat ~ love all the layers of ruffles and flounce....perfect for twirling around the dance floor....goodness, hopes she doesn't get too dizzy :)



Okay Carol, she's all ready to come.....we're just waiting for the carriage to come and take her to the party :)

Thank you all for stopping by, and please be sure to visit all the other Lady Dress Forms who are attending the party!

A little reminder that today (7th) is the LAST day to enter my Valentine's Giveaway ~ just click the pic on the top right sidebar, to take you to that post ~ the winner will be chosen from one of the comments left.

See you at the Party!

29 comments:

chateau de fleurs said...

She's a Beauty! XO Christie

Anonymous said...

She is so-o-o-o-o pretty & I just love the skirt part with all the flounce!!
Have a Peaceful Day!
Marilyn

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
WOW your lady is over the top gorgeous. I love the flowing skirt and her rose hat is just stunning. You are surely a belle of the ball.
Have fun!!
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Ooh, she is looking so pretty. I think my gals are going to be a little jealous and just might trip her up or something! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beautiful!! The roses are drop dead gorgeous. Hugs, Sherry

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh...be still my heart!!!!! hugs from your newest follower!!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness, she is destined to the the Belle of the ball!! All of those roses and pink and more pink! I am so sorry the carriage is late it should be there soon and when she arrives the other guest will be green with envy! Thank you so much for attending the ball!

Carol

Old Time Cindy said...

She's so pink and pretty! Love the look!

Aledia said...

She is perfect in pink! I am so glad that she is able to attend the ball, perhaps she and my Adelaide will become good friends...

I'm your newest follower and I hope you have a really great day!

Aledia~

Unknown said...

Love all the pink. I specially love the flow of the skirt, I can see that twirling around the dance floor.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Janet said...

She's absolutely stunning! I just love her pink twirly petticoat! I think Viola will be a little bit jealous of all her lovely roses!
Blessings,
Janet

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

She's a real beauty for sure. I love her ball gown and that very important apron. Wouldn't want to mess up her dress. Very nice!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Reminds me of the wonderful prom dresses of the 50's ... you dolled her up beautifully !

Sandy said...

OMG...she is stunning...over the top with her hat...love all the roses. Her yummy gown...she is a sight to behold.
Have fun at the Ball!
xoso
Sandy

Marilyn said...

Pink AND roses! Divine.♥♫

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Brenda,
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love her dress and the color! SO very pretty!
Warmly,
deb

Holly said...

Ohhhh...Brenda, this is so lovely! I can see your love for pink and green shine through. Perfect dress! Thank you for a wonderful time!
xo
Holly

Holly said...

Ohhhh...Brenda, this is so lovely! I can see your love for pink and green shine through. Perfect dress! Thank you for a wonderful time!
xo
Holly

Shabby chic Sandy said...

This is so beautiful--love the brooch and the dress and hat too--basically everything! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
She will definitely be the Bell of the ball dressed in all of her finery!!
She is such a beauty!!

Thanks so much for sharing her with all of us!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Mari said...

She is gorgeous my friend, I love the vintage rose covered hat, she is pretty in pink ;)

debi said...

Oh, she is a vision of beauty in pink! What a lovely lady she is! Love the roses and ruffles.

Dawnll said...

Oh my word she looks stunning! I love her hat and jewels but most of all the flounce of her dress, hopes she doesn't spill any champagne.
Thanks so much for your visit to my blog.
Your cats are beautiful, my pippie says hello
Hugs

Carol said...

What a beauty she is! I love the skirt.

Hugs,
Carol

Terri said...

Oh my goodness your lady is the southern belle of the ball!! Just lovely!!

Janae said...

Wow your dress form looks gorgeous! I just got my own dress form, I am having to much fun dressing it!

Something Special said...

I am sure I have visited you before, cause I recognize your darling home at the bottom of your page. I think your dress form looks like a beautiful pink cloud, and something out of a fantasy.

Julie Ann said...

As gorgeous as the ones Janet makes!!

shabbyfufu said...

Hi Brenda....someone told me about your lovely form, thanks for mentioning me:-)
xo,
Janet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails