Monday, February 6, 2012

Ruffles and Lace and Eyelet...Oh My!

Hello everyone!! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend ~ we've been having such nice warm weather here in Michigan! It's hard to believe it's still winter, lol :) There's hardly no snow on the ground!

I've been doing a little bit of changing in our home...trying to incorporate more white, and a little less pink.....not to worry, I am still decorating in pinks, as that is my most favorite color, but just not so much of it :) I've removed the vintage rose Valances that were hanging in our living room windows, and have replaced them with these beautiful white ruffled panels. The pair that you see on the left window I purchased from a seller on Ebay, and the pair on the right window I purchased at Target....they were the LAST ones they had, so I am soooo glad to have been able to get them!! I saw a seller on Ebay that was offering 1 panel for $30! I am afraid that when all the Target stores no longer have any available, they will be popping up on Ebay for a very high price :( It seems that is always how it is.




Each window is first layered with a Vintage white rose patterned lace panel, followed by the fab ruffled panels, and then finished with pretty white eyelet valances........These valances were originally skirts that I found at Goodwill! I simply cut away the top part of the skirts, opened up the side seam, then stitched a small rod pocket at the top, and tah dah!



Here are close-ups of them....sorry the pics aren't better, but it is a rather cloudy day today, so not much light comes into the Living room very well because of our covered wrap-around porch...




Here are a couple of things I found while doing a little thrift shopping Friday morning.....this sweet cottage white little birdhouse....




And a yummy smelling Bill Blass candle in pink.



Tomorrow is the last day to enter for my Valentine's Giveaway ~ Just click the pic on the top right sidebar to take you to the post to leave your comment to enter :)

Thanks so much for stopping by....love having you all visit!!

I am linking this post up with:
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
White Wednesday
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My .... The curtains are layers of beauty!! I just love your "pinks"!!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Becky said...

Oh my is right,Im just salvating lol.What a great idea.You have really inspired me,they look gorgeous.

Have a beautiful day!

Mari said...

Woweeeee your new curtains are just dreamy my friend, I love them, the touch of white looks so beautiful with your pretty pink walls :)

Hugs~
Mari

Rebecca Nelson said...

I'm not ditching my pinks but I'm moving forward with whites and creams as well. I'm tired of doing the same thing over and over. :( :( :( Time for something different for me!

Love your white curtains! LOVELY!

xoRebecca

The Polka Dot Closet said...

The white curtains are wonderful! I'm a pink lover too, but I guess we have to do little changes now and then. Can't wait to see you at the dress form ball, thank you so much for posting my button, Oh, I hope people show up! I have never done a linky party! If not more food and champagne for us LOL!

Carol

Janae said...

I love these curtains I have a set in my bedroom and another set in my doggies bedroom. I got my first set at target 19.99 for each panel then I found my other two panels at goodwill for 6.99 each at two different goodwills two different days in perfect shape! I dont know if it's just my local goodwills or all over but they buy targets returns so the curtains were like brand new just didn't have the original packageing what a deal!! So be sure to check your local goodwill you may find more! My mother Also got her set of these same curtains from goodwill! The only thing is you usually only find 1 panel at a time! Your home is so pretty!!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Your curtains are very pretty. Good for you that you found them. Pink is my favorite color so I know how you feel about it. I would love it if you linked this pretty room to my party as well. "Your Cozy Home Party" starts a 8 pm tonight (Mon.) and ends Thurs. At 10 pm EST. Come if you can there is always much to see.------- Shannon

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Love your new ruffled curtains! I like mixing different lacy fabrics as well, had did this in my guest room - the skirts are a wonderful idea!!! - haven't thought of that. I wanted to let you know that I am hosting my very first giveaway to celebrate my publication in apronology mag. It's a cream colored lacy fancy apron.
http://houseofbeautifuldogs.blogspot.com/2012/02/fancy-apron-giveaway.html
Have a great week! Love, Linda

Shabby chic Sandy said...

As Janae said above, I got those same curtains at Goodwill, still in the packaging for 6.99 per curtain. I ended up putting 4 on my bedroom window--though 2 would have been enough. I am a pink lover too--the white just shows off the pink all the more though.

Anonymous said...

Ver pretty pink, love the white curtains

Anonymous said...

Ver pretty pink, love the white curtains

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely pinks and whites :)

Greetings from Australia♥
...stopping by from Show and Tell Friday!

Unknown said...

So very pretty-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

Tracy said...

Brenda, you DID get them at Target! I found mine at Target online. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails