Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blog Changes

Hi Everyone!

I've decided to make some changes to my blog ~ I pretty much changed Everything! From the background color...new header picture...and from a 3 column back to a 2 column.

I wanted to take advantage of using the collage aspect on Picnik, before it shut down for good, which is where I created my previous blog header ~ I still incorporated 2 of my pretty babies, Annie and Estella, as well as 1 of the MANY pillows, Christmas Stockings, and Lap Quilts that I've created over the years, a recent photo of our home's exterior, outside pic of our covered porch, that was set up for photos for a Pink Saturday post, and some pics of our Living room, Laundry/Mud room, and the fireplace. I really like the look and feel of it, as I think it best represents me :)

Also, I've gone from having my background pink, now to white, but still having all the lettering and etc... in pink.....and wanted to go back to having just a 2 column blog instead of 3, as it makes it more simple and not so crowded looking. Plus it helps makes the photos in my posts larger, which I like much better.

So, what do you all think of the changes to my blog? I would love to hear from you!

Many of you know that there is a new tool for following your favorite blogs, called Linky FOLLOWERS ~ it's free to sign up, and a great way to find even more blogs out there! I hope you will sign up and follow me. I think it's a shame that those who do not have a Blogger account will lose the Google Friend Connect :( Thankfully, I won't....but there has been rumors that GFC will eventually be fazed out! So I'm so glad there is the Linky Followers!!

Well, I've been on this computer for waaaaay to long today, so I think I will take a break for now, and check back later today to see what everyone has been up to.

Until next time sweet friends!!

16 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Brenda, love the changes you have made to your blog....
The header is fab......

Smiles~
Mari

Tracy said...

It looks gorgeous, Brenda! :)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Very pretty--love that picture of your fireplace at Christmas on your header

Marilyn said...

Things look very nice, but, the pink for words is not as easy to read for me.♥♫

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love your new look sweets! I'm going back to a 2 column as soon as I can find time to do it!

You are sooo talented!

xoRebecca

Mariettes Back to Basics said...

Dearest Brenda,

It looks lovely, only the font could be darker for easier reading... This hurts the eyes a bit, at night that is!
Love to you,

Mariette

Heirloom treasures said...

Love the new look
x jeanetteann

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
Your blog changes look gorgeous and I love your new header too.
I also added the linky following for those without GFC. Seems like lots of changes are a coming.
I went to a 3 column about months ago, but feel like I need to go back to the two column. Still thinking on it!! Change is good.

Thank you for the update this morning. I can't wait for my package.
XOXO Celestina Marie

Nicole said...

You have a beautiful blog. It was well worth the effort!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the linky follow. I will be following you back!

Bonnie@ The Hopeless Romantic said...

So nice to have found ur blog, though i didnt know what it looked like before, i think it to be quite lovely now, lol...So glad u came over from Nicki's and i look forward to many more visits with u! Ur latest follower, Bonnie

Shirley said...

Hi Brenda, I like your new blog look. I want to change mine, but it is going to have to wait for a while. I so enjoyed the chocolates and my goodies. I am catching up with my friends while I take a break from everything else going on in my life. Have a great weekend Your Missouri Friend.

Unknown said...

I love the pretty and clean new look of your blog...congratulations on the change!

I wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a month-long Giveaway Jubilee
beginning March 1st. I know you've hosted giveaways before and thought you
might be interested. You can participate as a giver, a (hopefully) winner,
or both! Just click on the button at the top right of my sidebar that
says "Giveaway Jubilee" for more info.

Hope you have a lovely weekend,
Sarah

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda, love your pink... always pretty! I am a new Linky follower. Thanks for following us! Hugs

Rose Garden Malevik said...

Hi Brenda
it looks great :)
and do not miss....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

last week 109 lovley blogs
it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Love your new header! I haven't visited for the longest time - so blog-hopping tonight. I just heard about the google friend connect as well! Don't want to lose track of my followers! argh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails