Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Recent Goodwill Finds

Hello everyone! I wanted to share with you some more recent treasures that I found at my local GW store.

First up are these beautiful vintage sconces ~ they don't have any makers mark on the back ~ most of these style of sconces are either made by Syroco, Homco, or Burwood...I always love finding them, and giving them a shabby transformation. These will most likely be painted a lovely cottage white. Typically I offer them up on one of my selling sites, but I think I might be keeping this pair for myself, as I like the height of them...



Also found this sweet smaller vintage wicker laundry hamper.... I plan to paint it a pretty soft pale pink. It has a wooden top, and I wish I knew how to paint roses, because it would look so sweet with painted pink roses on top!!



Today I have a baby shower to go to for my niece this afternoon ~ should be lots of fun! And I get to see my other niece's little baby boy, which I haven't seen for a while, and I'm sure he's just growing like a weed :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Until next time sweet friends!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your finds are great !! I love the hamper. I think pink is perfect!!
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

Susan said...

Great finds. Oh yes, the hamper in pastel pink with pink roses painted on would be beautiful!

Find a one-stroke artist and offer to pay her a little to do a few roses. Betcha you could find someone who would do it for free, just for the joy of painting.

Wish you were closer....one of my sisters does one-stroke!

Sconces are super, too. Can't wait to see them in white! Wowsers. Good job! Susan

Victorian1885 said...

Great finds.. I do miss always being on the lookout for such treasures but have to keep in mind now that I have a Full House (Condo). Take care Brenda.

Wanda

Susan said...

The hamper is already gorgeous! However when you paint it the pale pink it will be even more beautiful!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your finds are great. You know they have some pretty rose decals on ebay that would almost look like paint. Have fun!

Katherines Corner said...

great finds!!!! xo P.S. Did you get your entry in for the sweetheart giveaway? It ends tomorrow p.p.s. I'm your newest linky follower

Rebecca Nelson said...

I say take some lessons and learn to paint PINK ROSES!

YOU CAN DO IT! Love your finds~

xoRebecca

Antigone said...

Wish my GW had things like this! Love the stocking and pillow in your header too, of course the best pics are the babies!

Anonymous said...

You must get some Roses decals to apply to that wondie wicker laundry hamper - then you won't have to try and paint them on.

Also, those Syroco or Homco sconces are right up my alley. Doncha love finding them at the thrift shops?!

Transformations By Jacqueline said...

Love the sconces! Is a great idea keep them for yourself! Thanks to became my follower by LF
See you in the next project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails