Sunday, February 19, 2012

Newest Goodwill Finds

Hello Everyone ~ I hope you have all been having a great weekend so far. Yesterday, Hubby & I drove up to Big Rapids (Michigan), which is about a 45 minute drive from our house, and picked up our oldest Son, Brian, who is going to college up there at Ferris State University, and took him out to Lunch at Applebees. And for those of you who don't know, this week it was announced that the Hockey Team at Ferris is ranked #1 in the Nation!! Way to go Bulldogs!!!

I thought I would share with you a couple of neat treasures I found this past week at 2 of our local Goodwill stores...

First is this pair of Vintage Homco wall sconces....later when we get much warmer weather so I can do some spray painting, I plan to paint them a nice cottage white.



I love the sweet swirls and floral design these have...



And this is my favorite find..a vintage metal & wood candleabra!! This thing is quite heavy!


Love the feet on this...



this too will be painted white when I am able to do so, and I'm thinking of finding some fab vintage crystal prisms to hang from each of the 5 candle holders!! Can't wait to do the transformation on this beauty!! Don't worry, once I have, I'll be sure to post pics of it for you guys :)



Well, that's about it for today's post....I'm going to just do some relaxing today, and watch the qualifying for the Daytona 500 this afternoon.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.....Until next time sweet friends!!

8 comments:

Aledia said...

I LOVE the candleabra and my mom has a set of those homco sconces, they sure are pretty.

I'm now following you on Linky, feel free to follow back if you like! :)

Have a great day!
Aledia

Susan said...

Oh I love that Candelabra. I would not paint it white if it was mine. I am a traditional decorator so it would fit in just great as it is. But if you paint it white it will be just as beautiful.

Jan Hermann said...

Ohhhh, I love the wall sconces! I have the same ones - and I painted mine a pretty bronze and have glass cups with crystals hanging from the inserted, so that I can have votive candles.

Mari said...

Uhhhhhh I can hardly wait to see your new treasures all transformed :) sounds exciting indeedy my friend....

Hugs~
Mari

foreverdecorating said...

Ooh me like, me like! Smile

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Both those finds are awesome! Crystals hanging on it would be beautiful on the second one!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Both great finds!! I can see a couple crystals hanging from the candelabra!

Carol

Victorian1885 said...

What wonderful pieces Brenda! I can't wait to see how you use them in your lovely home!
Hugs,
Wanda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails