Monday, September 16, 2019


Hello Everyone!!  


Yes,  I'm still here... and I know, it's been a loooooong time since I've posted (3 years!!!)
Can't believe it's been that long!!   

And.....I've done a little updating with my blog too.   I'm no longer going by Shabby Cats and Roses, except with my eBay and email.  I'm now going with my name I use on Instagram, The Heminger Farmhouse.    There have been a TON  of changes made with our home since my last post.   No longer am I decorating with Shabby Chic style.   I'm now doing a more modern Farmhouse style, which is more fitting for our house, since the original part of our home is just over 100 years old.   I'm sharing with you a couple of photos that show how our home is now decorated. 

This photo I'm using as my new header for my blog.  Love the whole vibe in this room, and like all the other rooms we've been redoing, it's done with greys, black, white, creams, and wood tones.
  

Below is our dining room.  Lots of changes done in here.  Carpet is gone to reveal the original hardwood floors.  That massive vintage stepback cabinet was a Facebook marketplace find.  I did paint it white, which looks great against the soft pale grey walls.



Below is our Master bedroom.   LOTS of changes in here!  Removed all the floral wallpaper, which was NOT fun to do.   This back wall we put shiplap on, and the other walls are painted grey.  Sold our big wood victorian style bed and purchased this black metal bed from Target.  One of my favorite things in this room is the Antiques sign above the bed .... found it at Micheals!




Here below is a photo of my sweet little Shih Tzu, Mitzy.  Yup, I love putting her in dresses, lol.   She doesn't quite like it too much though, so I don't leave them on her for very long.



Well, that's about all for this first post in 3 years.  I promise, it won't be another 3 years before I post again :)  
Until Next time!!

Brenda

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails