Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rosey Chocolate Cups for Tea Tuesday

Hi Everyone, I made it, though just for a brief time, for Tea Tuesday this week!! I'm still busy working in my sewing room creating pretty items for this Christmas Holiday decorating. Right now I'm working on a sweet little accent pillow, done in pretty pink fabrics, of course, LOL :) I should have it finished later today and listed over in my Ebay shoppe.

There are less than 5 days left to enter my Christmas Stocking Giveaway....if you haven't had a chance to enter, then please do hop on over HERE to leave your comment on that post....the winner will be chosen from one of those comments. And the 20th is the last day to take advantage of the Special that I have going on in my Etsy shoppe...ONLY $2.50 for U.S. Priority mail shipping on ANY stocking purchased. After that day the price goes back up to $5.00.

Okay, now on to my Tea Post. I have to confess.....I am not a Tea drinker...I only drink tea if I happen to have a sore throat, as that particular beverage seems to soothe it. My FAVORITE and ONLY hot beverage that I love to drink is Hot Chocolate. Please don't hate me :) Kinda strange...I love to collect teacups, but don't like to drink tea...what can I say :) So, for this week's post I thought I would share with you a couple of really lovely chocolate cups that have, of course, beautiful pink roses decorating them.

First, you will see the little vignette I set up this morning as the sun was coming up...



These cups are different, but very similar in style as they both have lovely pink roses, done in differnt styles, decorating them.,,



one of them even has some pretty roses along the inside rim...



Both have these markings on the bottom of the cups...



I've chosen my pretty pink and white rose Tea pot to go with them....



a delicate and dainty Vintage soft pink hanky with sweet crochet trim...



a pretty paper rose created by my friend Rhonda...click HERE to see her wonderful website...



and lastly, a lovely vintage crystal candleholder with shimmery prisms, and all these were placed on the wonderful Vintage mirror with scrolly metal frame that I found at Goodwill a couple weeks back. The frame was originally gold, but I spray painted it with my favorite Dover White by Krylon Fusion, and now she looks fabulous.



Thanks so much for stopping by my Tea (Chocolate) Post this week. I will try my best to visit your Tea posts thru-out the week :)

Here are the Tea Parties and their wonderful Hostesses that I am participating in:

MARTHA and TERRI at TEA CUP TUESDAY

WANDA LEE and PAM at TEA POT AND TEA THINGS TUESDAYS

LADY KATHERINE at LADY KATHERINE'S TEA PARLOR

SANDI at TEA TIME TUESDAY

18 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Brenda
Hot chocolate is good if you're not fond of tea. I like to have one at night watching TV with popcorn - for some reason chocolate and popcorn go together in my mind. :-)
Your tray that you painted is pretty and the mugs are close enough in design to match.
I was eyeing up the teapot though, very nice and who knows? Maybe one day it will hold tea.
Judith

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
Your tea post is very sweet and even though you don't drink tea, I love your use of the pretty cups for hot chocolate. I love hot chocolate myself and I enjoy it very much especially this time of year. Your tea pot, I love, so pretty with its little feet! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post for a tea party. Have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bookie said...

Such lovely and delicate things today...the tea pot is a favorite shape for me...

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda!!!
Oh I love your banner! All the soft pink plates are gorgeous...and of course so is teapot and cups! Hey, Hot Chocolate taste just fine in teacups! I've even served lemonade..so even if you don't drink much tea they are fun to use for other beverages!

Have a great week!
Happy Tea!
Lorena

Terri said...

I think your tea pot is beautiful. And your tea cups are so delicate, your can see through them. I think they are perfect to serve hot chocolate in. I am a big H.C. fan myself and have certain tea cups I use for it.
Hugs,
Terri

Snap said...

Brenda,

Such a lovely vignette your rose cups and pot make. Hot chocolate is good, too! We can't all like the same things ... how boring!!!!! Happy tea (chocolate) day!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. These pieces are just to die for! I am such a sucker for vintage china :)
Hugs,
Amy

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Brenda,

Lovely blog and your precious Haviland Limoges cups are very valuable ones too!
Saw that they were purchases at the capital of my state, in Atlanta. Must have been a very special store for having their logo under the cups!

Have a great week,

MariettesBacktoBasics

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Brenda, your vignette looks so pretty! I love that teapot and the crystal candle holder and actually everything! Very sweet! take care, Maryann

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETIE,

LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL TEA CUP AND LIKE ALWAYS YOUR VIGNETTE IS GORGEOUS :)
XO~MARI

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda,

Oh your vignette is so pretty as always. I have a tray like that I want to paint also. Love your chocolate cups, just beautiful. May I ask where you found your pink candles? I have been looking and just can't find pretty pink ones. thanks!

Hugs,
Debbie

La said...

Your tea service is very dainty and pretty. La

Lady Katherine said...

I love your mirror vignette! The hanky!! The teapot and cups are so lovely! What a great way to have Hot Chocolate! I love iced or sweet tea cold, I even drink them in my cups! Chocolate is welcome here anytime! Thank you for joining me for Tea Time! I just love those cups!

Olivia said...

Hello sweetie! You know I am in heaven over this gorgeous post!
Love it!
Hugs,
Olivia

paperbutterfly said...

I hope you don't feel bad about not liking tea. Hot chocolate...nothing better.

Love the teacups, and when they are pretty whatever you put in them will taste better.
I hope you do very well this Christmas season. I so appreciate you taking time to drop in for a hot beverage
Have a blessed week.

The HopeChest said...

A sweet blog....I am so drawn to anything ____ chic, pinks, and roses.
Did I miss something, where are the cats, which I have 4 of, all very Victorian looking long-haired in various colors. I love chocolate cups, I actually like to drink tea out of them. No saucer to bother with, and the china edge is what I like. I'll be back to visit.

Anonymous said...

Since i started visiting your blog, i've been feeling pink. Now i want to paint all my furniture white and add pink accessories! with husband rolling eyes!
I love your teapot, so beautiful.
And the tray very chic!
Hugs xx
Pat

Jocelyn said...

What gorgeous Hot Chocolate cups! Beautiful setting.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails