Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gorgeous Antique Rose Painting

Hello to all my bloggie friends! I wanted to do a little post before the race starts this afternoon, of this GORGEOUS antique rose painting that I won over on Ebay ~ I have been wanting to purchase an authentic antique rose painting for some time now, but as you know, the prices for them are very expensive...I had a little bit of money to "play around with", and so when I saw this painting listed on Ebay, I couldn't wait to bid on it...and lucky me I won it!! I've put it inside of this Vintage frame that I already had, though the painting isn't quite tall enough for it..plenty wide enough, but as you can see in the photos, there is white that you see on the top and bottom of the painting, which is from another print that's behind it. It works for now.



The frame I placed it in is truly beautiful; love the details on it, and I had painted in a wonderful shabby pink, which works beautifully with the painted pink roses...



Here's a close-up of the 2die4 GORGEOUS pink roses...


I also wanted to show you a couple of items that I just listed on Ebay (you can click on the link on my right sidebar to take you to my listings)...this lovely pillow which features a piece of vintage linen with an appliqued pink rose and rosebuds...



And this scrolly metal pink bowl/compote...



Well, that's all for now, time to go settle into my cozy chair and get ready to watch the race...oh, by the way, my driver, Jeff Gordon WON last weeks race...WHOOT!! WHOOT!! Here's hoping he can do it 2 weeks in a row....I'm keepin' my fingers crossed :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try matting the rose print with velvet ribbon, which is very victorian. Maybe a dark green, or something that blends with the print itself. lovely. Brenda

Susan said...

Very Very pretty!

Terra said...

Very pretty roses and the frame too.

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda, That is well worth the wait my friend..you did good!
Love the roses and the colors..it's hard to get both at once..
Lovely,
Shirley

Char said...

Hello Brenda, I want to thank you so much for your comment on my remodel. We have never done anything like this and although it's just a door, it's scary.
We have no choice now but to "geet er done!" On another note, your painting is just so beautiful, you can smell those roses. I like the way you framed it too.
That would have been perfect for pink saturday, maybe one day.
I wanted to say that your pink compote is also very lovely and I have some pink crystals that would be great on it. It's like icing on the cake, Char

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

The pink rose painting is lovely. I love rose paintings. How wonderful that you were able to purchase it from eBay :) :) Have a lovely week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Brenda..I love your new treasures! Have a great week ahead.

Hugs,
Wanda

Susan said...

Hi Brenda...Your rose painting is absolutely charming. Susan

Mari said...

HI BRENDA~WHAT A GREAT WIN!! YOUR PAINTING IS GORGEOUS, THE ROSES ARE SOOO LIFE LIKE :)
LOVE YOUR NEW PILLOW, JUST BEAUTIFUL!

XOX~MARI

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda,

This is such a lovely picture! Love the roses! I like the idea of a piece of velvet ribbon, as someone mentioned. Have a gret week!

Debbie

bikim said...

love the pink bowl!
:)
Happy week,
Rosa

Lisa said...

Lots of goodies here. :) Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails