Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I've moved my Fireplace to my Dining Room ~ Pretty pink Stocking

Yesterday I decided to do some re-arranging of some furniture in my home ~ I've moved my Fireplace & overmantle from my living room into my Dining room ~ boy am I tired!! Not only did I have to move it, but also the side-by-side Victorian Secretary, our sofa, and my chair....which none of these things is light! I did wait until my son came home from school yesterday afternoon to have him help me lift the overmantle back on top of the fireplace surround, and attach it to the wall. I really liked having the fireplace in my Living room, but I had to have my chair which I always sit in, placed over half way in front of it, and I really didn't like it....where it is now in the Dining room, nothing blocks it view, and I can really enjoy it much more. Sadly, though, there was no room left for the wicker loveseat that I did have in there, so it had to go to the basement :( Oh well, I can always put it out on our front porch next spring and summer, and enjoy it for a while out there.



As you can see, I've placed a couple of pretty pink stockings on it...the longer one is for me, which I showed you a picture of in my last post, and the smaller one is now listed on Ebay.



Here is a much better picture of the stocking..it's a couple of inches smaller than the one that I created for myself, but made with many of the same fabrics and embellishments...you can click HERE to take a look at it.



I'm off now to work on another sweet and pretty in pink stocking for Ebay ~ Hubby is off hunting today as it's Opening Gun season....and Austin has the day off today from school, as Grant closes for Opening Day! He didn't want to go hunting today...I think it's because he doesn't like to get up early if he doesn't have too, LOL :)

Until next time sweet friends!!

8 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful mantle, so sweet and feminine!

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful Brenda and I know how much work it is to move all that stuff and then place everything back in its place. Have a wonderful week and now you can enjoy your fireplace more and your love seat in the Spring/Summer Hugs Marilou

Mari said...

Brenda it looks wonderful my friend :) Your stocking are just gorgeous :)
Don't you just love moving things around the house for a quick change? I do, makes things feel kinda new and different :)

ox~Mari

Ika Verunica said...

Lijepo i romantično!!!!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Love your pretty mantle and those stockings are so cute!

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

I think your mantle looks lovely in it's new place!! You did a great job decorating it, too...
so beautiful...the stockings are so sweet and feminine...all that lucious pink! All of the stockings you have made are beautiful...I hope you show us pictures of your tree and the rooms you decorate for Christmas!!
Hugs, Francy

Char said...

Sometimes a girl just needs a little change. I think in your case, the change was big and heavy, but worth it all. It's so pretty Brenda. I just know you will enjoy the change,
Char

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Love your mantle and the stockings are beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails