Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Decorating ~ 2011

Hi everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends ~ We had a simple meal with our family; our son Austin, and son Brian, who is home from College for the Holiday weekend, and our daughter Amber, SIL Kevin, and of course, our sweet little grandson Seth :) I love cooking dinner for Thanksgiving, with the Turkey and homemade stuffing...yummy!!

Yesterday I put up our christmas tree, as is tradition here, on the day after Turkey day ~ it will stay up until New Years day, then it will all be packed up for next season.....why is it so much fun to put everything up, but such a chore to put it all away ? It seems to always take so much LONGER to pack it up than to put it up?

It's was a very dreary and cloudy day today when I took the pictures you see below, so the photos are not the greatest :( I took a photo of the tree both lit and not lit for you to see....




These next 5 photos are of some of the ornaments that I have gracing the tree...a lot of you will notice some that are by REBECCA...my newest one this year that I purchased from her is in the 2nd photo.... a sweet pink stocking with her gorgeous handpainted pink roses, and the word NOEL....







Next up is my Fireplace all decked out in shabby pink & white for the Holidays...






And lastly, here are a couple of photos of some of the things that I have decorating our Living Room...





This adorably sweet and pink Santa I purchased from a lovely seller on Ebay...click HERE to take you to her listings...



I hope you have enjoyed my photos of some of the Holiday decorating I've done in my home....I'm looking forward to seeing how all of you are decorating this year....I know there will be tons of inpiration out there!!

Until next time sweet friends!!

23 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
Your tree is so pretty. Of course who can resist all the pretty pinks! Rebecca's ornaments are so beautifully created.

I love your beautiful romantic home.

hugs
Sissie

Susan said...

You have a beautiful tree! So gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a pretty home you have..you really should join the party over at Pink Saturday..I'm sure you would be overwhelmed with comments..I cant pic a favorite..I love it all..

Vivianapachecofineart said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, it all looks dreamy!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very pretty Christmas decor!
Enjoyed seeing your home decorated for Christmas.
Deb

Holly Loves Art said...

Happy holidays! Everything is so gorgeous! I'd love to be there sipping a cup of tea just taking everything in. It really is scrumptious. I got all my decorations up too and tomorrow will be spent wrapping all the gifts. It's just the best time of year isn't it?
Hugs,
Holly

Holly said...

Your tree and home are decorated so elegantly and beautiful for the Holidays!!!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Brenda :) :)

Oh, LOVE all the pinks and whites :) :) I really loved the pink roses on the tree. That is really romantic and creative. Plus that adorable pink Santa Claus :) :) Have a good weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Brenda,

You have completed quite a task! So many items you've put out and all in your shabby pink style. Would be great for people to actually see your great craft items IN the home.
Enjoy your Sunday and love to you,

Mariette

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Brenda,
Your tree is so pretty in pink. I love it! My package arrived the day before Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful early Christmas present. I could not believe how lovely everything was wrapped. I loved it all, but the pillow is to die for! I have to tell you, I am not a chocolate lover, but those were so yummy and even though I shared them with my hubby, I managed to eat my share. I only have pink in one room in my house. I haven't decorated it yet, but a soon as I do I will post about it and let you know. Stuck it in there and it looks awfully cute! I decorated my family room tree yesterday also. I will posting about it tomorrow. Not quite on the ball as you girl. Thanks again for my wonderful give away gift!

Anonymous said...

WOOOWWWWW LOVE YOUR PICS

Roser og Patina said...

Beautiful photos of your romantic home. Love your christmas tree:) Have a great sunday. Hugs Ellen.

Elaine Ligero said...

Very beautiful ornaments and Christmas Tree!! :)

piccolo mondo country said...

semplicemente tutto meraviglioso!

Ika Verunica said...

Prekrasno okićena jelka!!!!
Pozdrav.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
Everything just looks pinkalicious!!
Stunning!!
I am posting my home over at my Chrismtas blog, one room at a time. I hope you will stop in for a visit..

Hugs,
Debbie

Cheryl said...

I am in love with your pink decorations - that tree is quiet something! Rebecca does make stunning stuff doesn't she. Lovely, thanks for sharing!
Hugs
Cxxx

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Brenda. I am so glad you joined us this week, and I hope you will be joining again more often. I've missed you. You are a true pink lady.

Your tree looks gorgeous, and so does your mantel. Everything looks so pretty and festive.

Anonymous said...

Brenda...what a "sugar-plum" fairy land you have created for the holidays!! I think everything is just beautiful, and each little "table-scope" is charming, while your tree is gorgeous!! But then, you always have had the most enchanting decorations, any occasion!
And I still LOVE those pink floral drapes!! They caught my eye a long time ago, if you remember!
The stockings you created this year are all lovely, too!!
We won't be home for the holidays so I am not decorating and I feel kind of sad when I look at these gorgeous displays...makes me want to dig my "stuff" out, too, and fix up my house..but under doctor's
orders, I still can't do much, so just get to admire everyone else's and know our Christmas will be a happy one, too, at my sister's in Virginia!
Thanks for sharing...beautiful...!
Hugs, Francy

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh sweets...love everything! Absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for the biz...I love seeing the ornaments on your tree. You have some I don't even have!!!

Love you girl. Have fun with Seth!

xoRebecca

Anneke said...

i have enjoyed to see your beautiful post, and such an awesome tree and decorations.
you are very talented and have chosen the right colors and everything fits together

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Donna,
I just did a post about my wonderful give away win. Hope you'll come visit. Once again, thank you so much. I love every bit of it! Happy Holidays.
Jann

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda, Your home is simply gorgeous. I love your tree and Rebecca's beautiful ornaments are perfect. The santa is so adorable.
Enjoy your dear sweet little grandson. I know you are in heaven with him.

Thank you for stopping by, your comment and giveaway entry. Also so sweet of you to post it on your sidebar. You are such a dear to do that and I thank you so much.
Have a great weekend and stay warm. I hear from the family, it is very cold already.
Hugs and blessings,
Celestina Marie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails