Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Flea Market & Garage Sale Finds


Hello everyone! Today I thought I would show you some great finds that I found over the Memorial Day weekend. We went to a few Garage sales on Sunday, and on Monday we went to a HUGE Flea market just north of Howard City, MI, at Burlee Park. They host this flea market about 4 times during the warmer months, the first being on Memorial Day, and the last one the first Saturday in October. We usually go to the first one, as it has the most vendors, and there are literally thousands of people who come to it!

These first 5 photos are the items that I purchased at the Flea Market on Monday...
This is a fabulous header, and quite large and heavy...though it is newer, I still love it, and will be painting it white....just don't know yet as to where I will place it in the house.


This is a fabulous vintage lamp holder, made of a very heavy metal. I don't think I need to really do any painting on this, as I really love the off white, creamy color that it is. Now I need to also figure out where to place it in my home (preferably somewhere, where no one will hit their head on it, lol) ~ need to also find a nice larger candle to place on it.


These next 2 photos are of some pretty vintage hankies....my favorite is the one with the pink in it. And the last photo is a lovely vintage tea towel....got the 4 hankies and the tea towel for just 50 cents each !




Next up are the items that I found on Sunday....2 lovely vintage hankies, which I am always on the hunt for, as I love to use them in my creations.


3 Vintage Rhinestone pins....these will be perfect to use on Christmas Stockings I will make in a few months for the Holiday season..


And lastly, a sweet little lamp, which as you can see, I have already painted white....now just need to find the right small shade for it...either one that I can transform, or one that is already perfect.


I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the treasures that I found ~ I'm still thinking and deciding on what to do for my next Giveaway...got a couple of ideas, now just need to get busy and get to work on it!

Wishing you all a wonderful rest of this week & upcoming weekend!

Until next time sweet friends!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Brenda...Love, love, love all your finds. I'd buy every single one of them! See? Great minds think alike! Susan

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Those are all treasures! I really like the soft look to the embroidery on your tea towel and the delicate pink crocheted flowers on the handkerchief. Lots of great finds!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh my goodness--lucky you--you found terrific stuff! Can't wait to see what you do for a giveaway...I am on a winning streak you know:) LOL

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
When I first saw your blog picture my first thought was...."that doesn't look like Brenda, she would paint it white!" And, I see that you are planning to do so.
Love all your finds.

hugs
Sissie

Holly Loves Art said...

Ahhh such lovely vintage finds. Always love visiting here.
Cheers,
Holly

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Oh you found some great things Brenda! Love the lamp. I collect vintage hankies too. I have way too many. I take the pretty white ones, and make ornaments for my tree.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Brenda...You did good!!!! WOW! Wonderful finds...love the linens you found for only .50!!! So unbelievable. Nothing like that at this side of the state....I really need to pack my bags for a weekend and come junkin to your side~
Hope you are having a great week, my friend!
♥ Jil

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Wonderful finds, Brenda! I would purchased them, too! Thank you for your kind words on my post re our Jeanne d'Arc Living Magazine feature!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I love that lamp, can't wait to see what kind of shade you put on it! I love all linens..hankys, pillowcases, all of them, so I would have definately picked up what you did!! Hugs! Penny

Alicia said...

ME ENCANTAN ESTOS BORDADOS!!
SALUDITOS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails