Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Living Room Makeover

Hello everyone!! I know, I know, it's been quite a while since my last post. Again, I'm such a bad blogger, lol! I've been really busy as of late, and one reason why, as you can see from the photos below, I've given our Living room a bit of a Shabby chic makeover. Now, I've loved how the room look before, but to tell you the truth, hubby was never really happy with so much PINK in the house. So, I decided to purchase some wallpaper that looks and feels just like actual bead board, and began the task of doing the makeover. First, of course, was ripping down all the old wallpaper, which, can be a bit difficult, lol. Then the fun part of putting up the new. This paper is soooo easy to put up as there are no matching up to do, as with patterned papers. Since this paper is heavier than regular wallpaper, I used a heavy duty wall paper adhesive to the back, even though this paper is pre-pasted. It's stuck on those walls REALLY well, lol.






And just to remind you how the room looked before, here is a photo taken a couple months or so ago.


This room now has that Shabby Chic feel to it, that I am so loving!! I'm really thinking of putting this same paper in our Dining room.
What do you all think of the makeover?

Sharing this post with Shabbilicious Friday

Until next time sweet friends !!

14 comments:

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Actually Brenda, I like the before and after.... they both work! Very lovely and cozy space~

HUgs~

Victorian1885 said...

I love the new look Brenda... great job!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love it--the wallpaper looks amazing!

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

I'm a pink girl, but now I'm also thinking of painting everything white ! So I really love the new look so shabby and romantic.

xoxo from PARIS/FRANCE

Joëlle

makuszka said...

ŚLICZNIE;)

Jan Hermann said...

What a beautiful transformation!! Love everything you've done - and the Bead Board wallpaper would be lovely in your dining room, I'm sure!!

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful Brenda! I just adore that wallpaper! To be honest, I am so over pink, lol. I mean a few accents here and there are pretty but not everywhere like I had it in my old house. Your room looks amazing!
Hugs,
Amy

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Looks lovely Brenda! I like them both ways. I have a lot of pink in my house too. Not quite as much as I once did.

Hugs,
Debbie

mariondee-designs said...

Love the softer romantic look you've created with just touches of pink..the mirror you have on top of the lounge is 2die4!! take care, Maryann

Louise-Arden said...

I love the white with the soft pink accents, just beautiful

Unknown said...

Very nice Brenda. I luv that bead board wallpaper. Have worked with it before. Nice fresh new look.

lala said...

Oh, it is absolutely lovely!!!! I have been wanting to try out the beadboard paper in my home, and you have given me the incentive to finally go for it. I just love the feel it gives your room. Thank you so much for sharing - can't wait to get started!!!

Michaela Búranová said...

Hi Brenda! It looks good now, applause for it!!! I love your sofa, looks so cozy and your table is soo perfect! Have a great days!! xoxo Michaella

Sweet Melanie said...

What a transformation!!! I love this wallpaper..I have it in our kitchen and master bath. It is the best stuff, and it takes a beating too! Everything looks so pretty Brenda...and yes, it definitely has that shabby chic feel which I adore!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails