Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Vintage Farmhouse Table makeover

As promised in my previous post, here are the photos of my Vintage farmhouse table-turned-coffee table makeover.

Here is the table as it was when I purchased it. Nice and chippy, like we all love, but it was just too chippy for my tastes, not to mention, a lot of the paint was literally falling off when you touched it. So, out to the Pole barn it went, and had hubby cut a few inches off the legs, and then used hubby's electric hand sander, and sanded away all the really loose paint. Then, out came my can of my very favorite soft shabby pale pink paint, and applied it on in a thin single layer, to give it a new look.....



.....and here it is! I am so in love with how it turned out! This is exactly what I had envisioned for a coffee table for our living room, and am over-the-moon thrilled with it!!


Love the little drawer on it.


The view from the couch.


And here is the top of the table. See how you can still see the outlines of the old paint! So very Shabby Chic!


Thanks for stopping by to see my Vintage Farmhouse table makeover! Hope you love it!!

Sharing this post with Shabby Art Boutiques' Shabbilious Friday.

Until next time sweet friends!

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Brenda, I love your vintage table. I like that kind of things much better then some of the new modern things. It looks like you had fun on your shopping spree. Have a great day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri friend.

Debbi said...

turned out awesome Brenda. I think the thing that amazes me the most is how quickly you got it done! I find these upcycle and re-purpose projects and they tend to get piled up quickly:( I am lucky if I get it done within 6 months! Guess I have too many irons in the fire already:(

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Just love it!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Brenda, it turn out lovely and it looks great in your space, Hey, I also want to mention your header looks wonderful too.

Enjoy your DAy~

Karen said...

Hi Brenda,
It is so pretty! Love it with all of your sweet pink things. Have a wonderful weekend. Take care,
Karen

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It's lovely Brenda... quite shabbilicious in fact!!

Louise-Arden said...

You did a great job!! It's just lovely

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Brenda, you are right. When I saw the table I loved it just as it was. But, I must admit it turned out beautifully. I have a table that I think is just like it. I left mine in it's shabby state. If you want to see it I showed it in a recent post. "Architecturally Sound". It's nice that we don't all have the exact same taste. What a boring world this would be. The pretty pink is perfect for your room! Haven't been over to visit for ages, but wanted to let you know that I mentioned you in my latest post. "Just a little Something". I would love if you shared your table with Share Your Cup Thursday!
hugs,
Jann

Dining Room Tables For Sale said...

absolutely beautiful. thanks for posting them.
Affordable Dining Room sets
Furniture Stores In Denver
Glass Round Table And Chairs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails