Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lampshade makeover ~ Etsy Find ~ New pics of Grandson

Hello everyone!! Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend so far ~ we've been having some wonderful warm weather here in Michigan for the past several days, and I'm loving it!! This morning I went around and picked up all my yard decorations that I had in my landscaping, and put them away for the upcoming winter, and took all the furniture and "stuff" off from the front porch and stored it away...it looks so bare now :( I've got some corn stalks from our garden that I'm going to bundle up and wrap and place them on either side of our front porch steps for some nice fall decoration.

The other day I did a makeover of a lampshade that I found at one of my local Goodwill stores a while back, and wanted to show you a couple of pics of it ~ It has a nice soft pale pink cotton fabric now on it, with pink gimp trim, and at the bottom is some Vintage fringe trim from an old chenille bedspread. The finishing touch is a new pink rose pin.




And look at these fabulous Vintage candleholders that I found while doing some searching on Etsy!! I plan to buy some of that fabulous Cottage White spray paint by Valspar that is sold at Lowe's that Miss Rebecca, over at A Gathering Place, has been talking about, and will make them look so perfectly Shabbylicious!!



Love the sparkle of these Crystals ♥♥♥



Now you know I have to show you all some new pics of my sweet Grandson, Seth!! Amber took these a week ago, when is was 3 weeks old....love this one! He's just kickin' back and "chillin", LOL :)



Awwww, isn't he just the cutest!!! Don't you just want to smother that adorable face with kisses...I know I do :) He is officially 1 month old as of yesterday, 10-08. It doesn't seem like it!



Thanks so much for stopping by today, I always love to have you visit ♥♥♥ I'm going to be spending the afternoon today watching the Nascar race, where they are at Kansas this week....go 24!!!

Until next time sweet friends!!

10 comments:

BrushedByAnAngel said...

Brenda, the lampshade is beautiful - and so is that darling little baby.
Brenda

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Brenda,

Congratulations on your new grandson! At the time he was born I was in Germany... still not back from our trip to The Netherlands for a wedding and visiting my parents. Sorry that I missed your posts.
You are smart at making things look pretty!
Love to you,

Mariette

Anonymous said...

Seth is Definitely CUTE & ADORABLE!! I wanna smother him with kisses too!!
You found some beautiful finds, sweet friend, especially the candleholders! It's gonna look even more gorgeous after it's all painted up, I'm sure!
Hugs, Maria

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello Brenda,

Love those candlesticks! I bet they will be awesome when painted.
Awe, your little grandson is darling! They grow so fast!

Hugs,
Debbie

Mari said...

Hi Brenda, your grandson is the sweetest boy and ohhh sooo adorable :)bless his sweetness :)
The candle holders are just fab my friend, can't wait to them all shabbulicious :)

xo~Mari

Anonymous said...

The lampshade turned out so pretty, Brenda..very soft looking! And those candle sticks are going to be very chic when sprayed with "Rebecca;s" paint!! I bet they turn out to look so feminine and delicate....the crystals will be the crowning touch...
I can't believe how your grandson has grown in one short month!! He is adorable....just precious, and yes, I would love to hold him and give him "lots of sugar"!!
Have a happy week....Hugs, Francy

Anonymous said...

He is so cute....Thanks for visiting my blog...I like to blog hop myself..its very exciting ...I will be back for your giveaway and I also signed up to follow you as well.
Nice meeting you as well. :)

Olivia said...

Hello sweet Brenda! Your lampshade is just darling! Congrats again on your magazine feature! Also, that little grandbaby is just darling! I can't wait to see those fabulous cadlesticks!
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs,
Olivia

Olivia said...

Ps I am going to blab about your giveaway on my fb page and link it back to you, I have friends who would adore your treasures!!!
Hugs,
olivia

piccolaceleste said...

ciao...complimenti sei bravissssssima... buon sabato dalla piccola lù...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails