Monday, April 23, 2012

Goodwill Footstool Transformation

Good Monday morning everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend ~ We have our bathroom makeover almost finished. We still need to put in 3 more tiles yet, as we once again ran out of mortar! The floor isn't exactly perfectly level, so many areas we had to put the mortar extra thick to accomodate that. Today, I wanted to show you a footstool that I found at Goodwill on Friday, and it's shabby little makeover I gave to it. I am noticing that in the preview of this post, as I am doing it, the pictures are not in the order that I loaded them up it, So I am having to move them around myself to get them how I want them! Not liking these new blogger changes! I had no problems like this before. Anyways, I bought it for $8, which is a great price! No real issues at all with the footstool, and it has great bones, and I really like the legs on it. First thing I did was paint the legs white, then I made a basic cover out of quilt batting, to help hide the blue of the original fabric. I then made the final cover out of my favorite Reproduction Barkcloth fabric from Urbangardens, called "Falling Roses" ~ this fabric was used for the top. I then made a simple little mini pink ruffle to go around the barkcloth print. Finially, I made the flowing skirt out of an actual skirt that I found at Goodwill some time ago. I was waiting for just the right project to use it on. It was a long style skirt, and I used the bottom portion of it, as it was the perfect size to go all the way around the ottaman.
<
I also took a couple of pictures this morning of my living room, as I haven't really done any new ones lately. Hope you like them :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda that slip cover is darling. I can see why you love that frabric..so dreamy and dripping with roses. Also, what an inviting and oh so beautiful space to live in you have created!
Have a blessed week!
Lorena

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Hi Brenda, YOur home looks so pretty and cozy. I adore the slipcover too. Your sewing skills are top notch!

Have a Wonderful Day~

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks so pretty! I love it. Have you seen Janae's bedroom since she put on the ruffly bedskirts? It looks so pretty--reminds me of your house.

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Wow! How beautiful! I love the fabric you chose. Your living room is so pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Rebecca Nelson said...

More than LOVE IT! What a fabulous makeover! You rock!!!!!! xoRebecca

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
Oh your slipcover is wonderful. You did a great job and your living room is gorgeous. I love it all. I am just finishing my living room redo all in white. Will do a post when complete. Working on a new studio look too. All white as well.
Love your makeover and all the details in your room. So inspiring.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Olivia said...

Oh my Brenda! It is looking oh so gorgeous in your living room! I am in heaven over the moon for that fabric you used! Deelish!
xo,
Olivia

Linda Carole Bloom said...

What a beautiful slipcover! Your living room is so pretty!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
What a great makeover for that cute stool. Sure beats reupholstering it and you can always change it if you want! Love it!

I always have adred your Living Room. Everything is just beautiful!

Hugs,
Debbie

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Great transformation! Don't you just love making things "new" again with just some fabric, your Singer and you! Brenda, it's nice to meet you and thank you for your order of the April 2012 issue of Casa Romantica! It'll ship Monday, 5/7. I wasn't familiar with this publication until now, but I wish I had known about it when you were featured. Your home is lovely! About the time you were featured, Fifi and Mark were here photographing our home for this recent issue. We've come full circle! Have a sweet weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails