Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flea Market Finds & Goodwill Treasure

Good Wednesday & First day of June everyone!! Goodness, I can't believe it's June already ~ time is just going by too fast. Today I thought I would show you the treasures I found when we went to Burlee Park on Memorial Day ~ This park hosts a Flea Market 4 times during the warmer months; the first being on Memorial Day, then on July 4th, the first Sat. or Sun. in August, Labor Day, and the first Sat. or Sun. in October. Memorial Day is the busiest one to attend ~ I swear, there were THOUSANDS of people there! And LOTS of vendors selling all kinds of stuff ~ some good, and well, some not so good. I did manage to find a few treasures to bring back home with me.....

First, I want to show you what I carried my treasures in.....we have 2 of these metal carts, and Sunday I literally threw together this cute liner to place inside of it....never made one of these before, so I kinda "winged" it, lol :) I think I did a pretty good job, but I do wish the cart had a square bottom, as it would have made it much more easier to make!



Okay, first up is this cute little pair of Vintage glass lamps....I was a little leary of purchasing them, not knowing if they were going to work....first thing I did when we got home was plug them in, and yup, they work just fine..YIPPEE!!



a cute metal candle holder....I've since painted a single layer of white on it, and I think I like it much better :)



a Vintage Aqua blue Ball mason jar, with it's original glass top...



a couple of pretty hankies and linen doily with crochet edge...



here's a close-up of the pretty white hanky with it's sweet details...



and lastly, some pretty vintage crochet trim that I can use on some new embellished handtowels that I will be working on in a few days....



Yesterday, I visited one of my local Goodwill stores, and look what was waiting there just for ME! Isn't this vintage shelf fabulous!! I've seen these kinds of shelves before in photos in magazines, and have wanted to find one for me, well, now I have one...WHOOT!! WHOOT!!. I hope to work on it this weekend; get it painted cottage white of course, then try to figure out just WHERE I'm going to hang it in my home.....my walls are FULL!! Don't fear ladies, I know I will be able to work it in somehow, LOL :)



lots of places to display some of my pretty rosey plates and teacups on this FAB shelf!! ....



Here is a sneak peek at some great items that I will be listing soon on Ebay...I worked on these sweet Embellished Vintage Glass Shakers yesterday, and hope to get them listed in a day or two.



I'm also offering my Silverplated tea set that I've had for a little while, which I had painted pink....



Well, that's about all for todays post ~ I've got some things to do this morning, then I'm off to the local Antique mall to see what treasures may be waiting for me there :) Hope everyone has a wonderful day :) 'Till next time sweet bloggie friends!!

9 comments:

theromanticrose said...

Ciao,sono Rosetta,sono italiana.A me piace molto vedere le cose che trovi ai tuoi mercatini,qui in Italia si trova meno.Amo il rosa e il romantico.Mi piace molto la tua casa ed i tuoi oggetti.Un saluto,Rosetta

stefanie said...

oh, how super cute....you had to of had the prettiest cart there!!!!!
love your treasures!!!

Ruby Jean said...

All of your finds look delightful....But I must admit that little cart you have is ADORABLE especially with that beautiful liner you made.. : )

Rebecca Nelson said...

Fabulous finds. I've made several liners for those sweet old carts and NEVAHHHHH again. Too hard! I LOVE YOURS!

Thanks for sharing my giveaway. You are the BEST!

xoRebecca

Eileen said...

What fabulous finds! I am in love with the liner you made ~ it's absolutely beautiful. Happy June.

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Brenda
I LOVE your liner..I purchased a cart last weekend and was hoping to complete my liner this week too. They are so pretty and handy for treasure hunting. Have a great rest of the week!
Hugs,
Wanda

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, that shelf was a find! You did a great job on your cart liner,,,,So sweet

Carol

Anonymous said...

Love all of the treasures you found at the sales....first, your little shopping cart is so neat with the precious liner!! I am sure you will have those crystal lamps looking gorgeous when you finish with them.....and the linens are soooo pretty! I always like everything you offer for sale and have quite a few things from you here in my house!!!!
Have a good weekend coming up!!!
Hugs, Francy

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I Love your shelf! and it even has grooves for the plates. Tomorrow I'm posting some photos of my sister's collection - looks like your cabinet!! I'm surprised there is a rose plate left anywhere! Love, Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails