Monday, June 20, 2011

Photos of our Landscaping and other stuff

Oh my, I can't believe it's been 10 days since my last post! Goodness ~ Well, I've got some photos to share with all of you ~ We've been doing a lot of work in our landscaping around our house; planting new pretty perennials, staining our side deck, putting in a new brick walkway off our front porch, and adding a smaller walkway off from that.

First, I want to show some photos of what's to come on Ebay, and some pretty finds I got today....

This is a pair of shabby style lamp bases that will be listing soon on Ebay..



Earlier today I went to a local consignment shoppe called The Corner Closet, and found this pretty pair of soft pale blue valances with gorgeous lace ~ I have these hanging up in the windows in my sewing room....




And I found this wonderful Victorian style small lampshade, that fits perfectly on one of the vintage lamps that I found last month at the Flea Market ~ I love the pretty ribbon rosettes!...



Below are photos to show you of our landscaping that surrounds the side and front of our house ~ you'll see 2 photos of the new climbing rose that I planted recently (and boy does it smell heavenly!), some of the beautiful Foxglove plants, our Rhododendrons, and the pretty Calla Lillies that I planted this spring.



Here you will see our new brick walkway, as well as the new stone path....



And here is our side deck with it's new Redwood stain...we need to put 1 more coat on, but need to wait a few days after we get thru these rainy days we are going to have...







This is my "Garden within a Garden" ~ inside of it are my Bleeding Hearts and my Astilbies...









I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of the photos around our house ~ we've still come some more work to do ~ more white stone to put out, and new Red Bark mulch to touch up in areas, but it should all be done in plenty of time for my daughter's Baby Shower, which will be August 6th ~ I'm planning to have it on our side deck, so please pray that the weather will be beautiful!

Until next time sweet friends!! Have a wonderful week everyone :)

11 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Oh it all looks so lovely...All from your great finds to your beautiful garden's...And thanks for posting some great giveaway's on your sidebar..

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You've been a busy girl! I love your new etsy pieces and your garden looks great. Reminds me, I need to work on ours, but it's way too hot.

hugs
Sissie

Shirley said...

Hi Brenda, I would love to have your front porch. It looks so inviting. Your garden is looking good. We are in a storm watch again tonight. Just what we need. August is a good month, we have several birthdays including mine. Have a great week. Your Missouri Friend.

Susan said...

Your yard looks absolutely lovely. Great job on all the hard work you've been doing! It paid off! Susan

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your landscaping looks great! I love brick walkways, so charming!
:)
~Becca~

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
I am loving the valance and the lamp shade! What fantastic finds!!
Your yard looks wonderful!! The brick walkway and the deck look so inviting! Can't wait to see when the deck is finished and all "decked' out!!

What a loveyl garden you have too!!
Just beautiful!!

Hugs,
Deb

Honey Gee said...

Hi Brenda.Very nice and beutiful view.. Do allow me to link your blog to mine. U are invited to visit my blog : honeygeesdecoupage.blogspot.com/. I am from Malaysia.

Gail said...

Your gardenS are all lovely and the stone and brick pathways are nice.
PS best wishes on the upcoming grandbaby.

Terra said...

Your garden is glowing with flowers, and I see you like bleeding hearts and astilbes and foxgloves and penstemons too.

Cottage Rose said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOO Brenda, your garden is just beautiful.... as well as all your landscaping around your lovely home.....have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda,

Wow, you have been busy on your lovely home! I love the brick walkway, and your garden looks beautiful! thanks for sharing it with us! I hope your daughter has a beautiful day for her shower. I remember when you announced she was just getting married! Time flies!

Hugs,
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails