Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Finished Rachel Ashwell Squares Quilt

Happy "hump" day everyone! Today I finished working on a sweet quilt that I posted about a few posts back, and wanted to share some pics of it with you ~ I won this quilt kit on Ebay from Abbie's Ebay store, Specialjays, and I am so thrilled with how it turned out! It came with all the squares and the strips for the sides, and I added the flirty pleated pink ruffle and the backing fabric, which is also fabric from Rachel Ashwells Simply shabby chic line (actually, it was a valance that I found at Goodwill), and was just waiting for the right project to use it on.








This is where I have it displayed.......for now ~ I know I will be moving it around and putting it in different areas of my home over time, lol :)




Thanks so much for stopping by......until next time sweet friends!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't begin to express how much I just love the quilt!! The colors are exquisite & I love it on the pink chair!!
***** EYE-CANDY *******
Marilyn

Mary Ann said...

Wow...I absolutely love love love it. So beautiful and the design is simply lovely. I love it!!!

Eileen said...

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful!!! I absolutely love it. The patterns are some of my favorites and I just love the pleating around the edges. Truly beautiful.
Stop by for a visit if you get a chance; I've got lots of new things cooking. :)

Mari said...

Hi Brenda~Wow its just magnificent!!! i want one now......whaaaaa :)

xo~Mari

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That is absolutely beautiful...I love, love, love it! I just found a RA curtain and valance it is my favorite fabric!

Carol

Farah said...

BEAUTIFUL.. simply eye catching and it provoke me to go for one...I pin it .... very very lovely...
I am sharing a treasure of Hand Embroidery, hope you like to come and see some traditional motifs and stitches
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Anonymous said...

Hi, Brenda...Oooooo, I love the quilt...it is perfectly gorgeous and pink!!!! And I agree with some other comments, it looks like it was made to go on the pink chair!!
What a great of it you did!!
Hope you are enjoying that new grandbaby....you are probably stealing all of his "sugar" you can
I know I would!!
Have fun with him....Hugs, Francy

Katherines Corner said...

Oh my goodness this is BEAUTIFUL! The colors, the fabric everything, just lovely.

Well Done Big Hugs, Katherne

Fiona Ferris said...

Beautiful quilt! You've done a fabulous job and I love the way you have incorporated thrifted material. That makes it 'lived-in' and softer right from the start.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love the quilt too, what a great edge to it. I have never seen that before. Great colours.
Janice

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails