Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Pillows for Me ~ Garage Sale Mirror ~ New Ottoman Slipcover

Hi Everyone! Hope you all have been having a good week so far ~ we've had some very nice warm weather here in my part of Michigan.

Today I wanted to share some photos with you of a couple of pillows that I created for myself ~ yes, on VERY rare occasions I do make things for our home, lol. Both pillow covers were created with a couple of sheets found at Goodwill.

This first photo shows them displayed together ~ perfectly shabby white, and oh-so-cottage chic.



For this first cover, I added a piece of Vintage linen that I've had for a while now, and was just waiting for the right way to display it ~ I think using it on this pillow is perfect. All I did to attach it to the cover is used a zig-zag stitch.



Here is a close-up ~ I adore the pretty rose design in the center.



This one has a lovely French inspired Graphic fabric block applied to the top...again, just using a zig-zag stitch ~ I love how the ends are fraying just slightly, giving it that perfect shabby chic look.



Here is a close-up of the fabric block. I purchased it over a year ago from a seller on Etsy, and had originally applied it to a pillow case, as it was larger in size. So for this pillow, I simply cut it down smaller to fit the cover...I like it much better.



I also wanted to show you a mirror that my husband found at a Garage sale for $5 ~ It's a Syroco mirror, and as you can see, I've already got it painted white. Now I just need to find a place to hang it, lol>



The last photo to show you is my new slipcover I made for my ottoman....I loved the one I created for it previously, but I really wanted to have it white to go better with my chair. I made the slipcover from one of the sheets that I found at Goodwill, along with using the rest to create the pillow with the French Graphic. I am so loving this new cover ! Little by little I am slowing incorporating more white into my home, and I am loving how it all is looking. Don't worry, I am still keeping plenty of pink in my home as well, as it is my favorite color.



Until next time sweet friends!!








13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pillows, and your gorgeous slip. It's so pretty. Your mirror is beautiful too!

Kathy

Rebecca Nelson said...

Swoon...you know I'm all about whites these day! YUMMO!

xoRebecca

theromanticrose said...

Anche a me piace aggiungere il bianco,ma il rosa resta il mio preferito!Belli i tuoi cuscini!Baci,Rosetta

Alessandra said...

I love your pillows and your mirror. Your house is wonderful.
Kisses from Milan- Italy.
Alessandra.

Unknown said...

Hey there Brenda, James here keeping things going for Loretta. These pillows are really nice. Loretta would love them too. Your mirror is pretty too. Well, you take care now! James

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Brenda, the cushions are just gorgeous! It's nice to treat yourself sometimes and actually make something for yourself!! Your home is beautiful and your porch from your previous post is so dreamy Icould sit and chat there all day! take care, Maryann

Marilyn said...

I'll just take one of everything right now, 'cuz I think you should get tired of them soon! Ha! ;0 Everything looks wonderful.♥♫

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a great post! Those pillows are so sweet that you made. The fabrics look so vintage and pretty. The mirror your husband found is a great one. I can see you have him trained. What a great shape it has. Then the ottomon cover is so cute. Love it! I have the same chair..and the matching ottomon. Underneath that great cover is that the ottomon that has a lid? I may have to copy you.

Janae said...

Wow the pillows are lovely! Omgosh I want that mirror! Lucky girl!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
I love your pillows! The slipcover on the ottoman is pretty too. Wish I could sew. I want to cover my furniture. Lovely job, and have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Sandi

Mumma Shirl said...

Just got to the beginning of your blog you have come a long way. What am I going to read now ? Keep up the great writing I loved reading it.

Donna said...

I am totally drooling over your gorgeous mirror! What a deal, lucky you! Your pillows are beautiful, wish that I liked to sew! I too love white, and am trying to add more here and there thru out the house!

Patty said...

love the pillows! love the mirror better in white!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails