Friday, June 22, 2012

A Yard Sale find ~ Sweet Pink Vignette

Hello everyone! I'm sooo glad it is the weekend ~ I've had a busy week, and looking forward to a little relaxation.

Today I wanted to share with you a sweet Yard sale find that hubby and I found while doing a little yard sale-ing at a Townwide Sale we went to last Saturday ~ sorry, I forgot to take before pics of it......It was originally a blackish brown color, and it had some interesting teardrop (sorta?) prims on it...I wasn't quite feeling them, but knew I could do something more with it. Of course, I painted it white, then I added some vintage prisms that were on a couple of glass candleholders that I have (now I need to find others to put on them, lol)..There are also a few French cut crystal prisms on it too...I am sooo liking how it turned out.

The wiring on this was in really bad shape, so my husband removed it....eventually we will get it re-wired, but for now I think it's just fine hanging "as is" in our kitchen. You can see that it has the original Vintage glass beaded lightbulb cover.










Here is a photo of a sweet vignette I "threw" together today. I've done one similar to this, using a vintage wicker chair painted green, and did this one with my Goodwill chair painted soft pink. I think this one is my favorite :)




Have a great weekend everyone ~ Until next time sweet friends !

12 comments:

Susan said...

Your vignette is so cute!! I love the little drawers!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You always find the greatest things at garage sales! I want to move where you live and then try to beat you to the sales. LOL Also, you need to rent out your husband--he seems quite handy. That chandelier is just so pretty. What color is the soft pink? So pretty too!

Rebecca Nelson said...

What a find! LOVE IT and the vignette! SWEET!

I heard my home was in CRomantica but I have no clue what issue or what it looks like. How did you order your copy(s)???? I sooo want to see it and share.

I'm so glad to be HOME!

xoRebecca

Deb said...

Very sweet vignette. I'd love those little floral drawers. Very pretty. Hugs for those gorgeous cats. Deb

Jacqui said...

I love your chandelier!! Well done! Your vignette is fabulous too..

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Brenda,
Just found your beautiful blog so it must be my lucky day! I LOVE that gorgeous chandelier, can't believe you got it at a garage sale, just fabulous!
New follower,
Patti

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda!

What a fabulous find! Love how it turned out! I love the little drawers. Is that fabric on there? so cute, sweet vignette. Have a great weekend. How is that cutie pie grandson?

Hugs,
Deb

Susan said...

Oh Brenda, the mini chandy is so DARLING. So me! Oh, lovely, lovely, lovely. And I love how you painted it white. Great job. The chair? Sumptuous. Loved it. Susan

theromanticrose said...

Questo lampadario è bellissimo,sta benissimo nella tua casa romantica!Adoro il tuo dolce angolino con la poltrona!Buon fine settimana,Rosetta

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Brenda
Your new light fixture is glorious! Thank you for stopping in to see me today! Take care..
Hugs,
Wanda

Transformations By Jacqueline said...

Very Lucky!! Looks Fabs!!Congrats for your find and for the work you made to transformed! Looks so pretty!

Janae said...

How do you always find such amazing stuff? It is so so gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails