Monday, July 2, 2012

Antique & Thrift Store finds

I hope everyone is staying cool in this crazy hot weather ~ I know I've been enjoying our Central Air! I do venture outside, but ONLY for a very short time.

Today I thought I would share with you some wonderful treasures I've found over the past week or so, at some of my favorite thrift stores and Antique Mall.

First up are these 2 items that I purchased today at a local Antique Mall in a neighboring town ~ the sweet mirror is my favorite, as I've been wanting one of these Venetian style mirrors for a while, but depending on the size, they can be a bit pricey ~ this one wasn't bad at $14. And the 4 plates were a good buy at $10 for all 4. They're not antique, or vintage, so was a bit surprised to find them at the Antique store, but I just fell in love with the detail on them, and the pretty soft blue color.


Here is a close-up of the mirror.



Next up are some things that I have found at one of our local Goodwill stores, and a local Consignment shoppe... first is this sweet glass bottle with stopper...I'm thinking of embellishing it with some vintage millinery roses and ribbons.


Here we have a sweet frame, which I have already painted white. The photo is of my paternal Grandfather's second to youngest sister.


This 3-tier metal basket. Didn't have to do a thing with it, as it was already painted white.


This is one of my favorite frames to find ~ love the details on it, and of course, already painted it white. It didn't come with any glass in it, which is okay, I can just display it as is. It's made of metal, and is quite heavy.


In this photo you will see another frame that I found and painted white. I love finding these style of frames, as they remind me of lace. This is the largest I have found of this type....I'm on the look - out for just the right print to place inside of it.


The last thing I wanted to show you is one of my newest offerings that I have currently listed on Ebay. Love how this accent pillow turned out, and I even added some dainty vintage lace to the ruffle.


Stay Cool everyone ! Until next time sweet friends.

11 comments:

Mumma Shirl said...

I am so jealous I love the blue plates and covet the mirror.
Love everything you found and have never seen a frame so lacy before.

Regards Shirley

Alessandra said...

Marvellous everything! The frame, the pillow ...all is a dream!!
Kisses.
Alessandra.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

There you go again--finding all the good stuff! I love that mirror--adore it! Also, you have my plates! I found those at Home Goods a couple years ago. I have them in white and in the blue-green color you found. I love them too! When I bought them full size plates were 2.99 and smaller plates were 1.99. they were a deal! I haven't seen them in a long time. Both Janae and I have them and always wish they would come back. They have come back in yellow---but we've both been hoping for pink! I love that 3 tier basket--it is awesome. I love your finds--you and I seem to have such similar tastes. I always love what you find. Beautiful pillow too!

theromanticrose said...

Come sempre romanticissimi i tuoi oggetti!Meraviglioso il tuo cuscino|Baci,Rosetta

Anonymous said...

Well, you certainly have found some lovely items from the thrift and co-signment shops in your area.
The Venician mirror is lovely, as are the rest of your "pretties". You always have such pretty things in your home and your esty!!
Hope your Fourth was a day of fun and you got to relax some.....
Big hugs, Francy

piccolaceleste said...

io non ho parole brava!brava!!! a presto lu..

Änglajord said...

Thank you for your heavenly beautiful blog!

Hugs from Karin, Sweden!

Janae said...

I have those plates, I love them I probably have about 25ish of them in all different sizes & Bowels also. I could not stop buying them I used to find them at Homegoods all the time. I have mostly white but that line comes in all different colors, I have some of them in pale green & my Mother has them in the blue color you got. They are wonderful everyone compliments me on them.

Janae said...

Haha then I go read your comments & see my Mother already mentioned we have these!

Liz Thackeray said...

I love your blog. It's so pretty! These are some amazing thrifting finds. I'm a little jealous ;) Do you usually go thrifting or yard-saling or both? I'm a big yard-saler. One site I've been using is http://www.yardsalesearch.com. I love it because it maps our a route of local yard sales for me. Just wanted to pass that along to a fellow thrifter :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Of course you love everything i love, I would have bought exactly the same things...That mirror is my favorite too, I am keeping my eyes open, I will find one sooner or later.

Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails