Monday, July 30, 2012

A few Antique Treasures

Good Monday to all of you!

Today I thought I would share the things that I found while out doing a little Antique shopping with my hubby on Saturday ~ we celebrated our 24th Wedding Anniversary a couple of days early, since our actual Anniversary is today, the 30th, and lands on a week day ~ The plan was to spend the whole day out Saturday, but Friday afternoon, I began to not feel well at all, and wasn't sure if we would be able to do anything at all Saturday ~ so, when I got up Saturday morning, I seemed to feel "okay", so told hubby that we could just do something for half of the day ~ we ended up hitting some Antique shoppes around Muskegon & Grand Haven, Michigan, as they were only about an hours drive or so away. We did go out to lunch at Applebee's, which was really nice ~ still didn't have too much of an appetite, but did enjoy some of my Three Cheese Chicken & Penne pasta ~ the rest I brought back home with me, and had for lunch on Sunday...so all was good, lol :)

Here are the treasures that I found Saturday......first are these vintage sewing machine drawers, which we got both for just $8..... I'll be painting these white, of course, and will post pics once I have them finished.



Next is some wonderful Vintage lace trims.....my favorite is the crochet with the heart design....


Some Vintage glass buttons....Love these


Vintage Pearl buttons...


and even some Vintage pink pearl buttons....LOVE these!!


Below is a photo of a Quilted patchwork pillow cover that I started over a week ago, and FINALLY finished today....I've used some of the vintage pearl buttons that I found on Saturday to embellish on the pillow. It's now available for purchase in my Ebay shoppe ~ It will need a 14" pillow insert, which can be found at any craft or fabric store.

UPDATE: This pillow is now Sold


Have a wonderful week everyone ~ until next time sweet friends.....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda,
HAPPY Anniversary to you and your hubby! My hubby and I celebrate our 26 on Aug 2nd. What a great accomplishment do you think?

Love those drawers, you got a great deal. I hope you have a great day!

Be blessed,
Lorena

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
Beautiful treasures! I can't wait to see what you will do with the sewing machine drawers. I recently bought 4 of them , 2 for $5 and 2 for $7 and redid them. I shared them a few posts ago...

Hugs,
Deb

Unknown said...

Love all your treasures, but especially the drawers. Happy Anniversary!
Love,
Loretta

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You and I could never thrift shop together because we would be fighting over the same things all the time! :) I love those sewing boxes and all the lace and buttons--fun stuff! Glad you were able to go out with your husband--I have a gift certificate to Applebees from last Christmas--now I want to go use it:)

Mari said...

Hi Brenda,
Wow you do find the nicest items .......
Love the vintage sewing draws, can't wait to see them all painted white.....
Your pillows are always beautiful ;)
Thanks sweet friend for your very sweet comment ;)
Enoy your new treasures....

Hugs~
Mari

Transformations By Jacqueline said...

YOU JUST MAKE ME CRAZY WITH THIS POST!!! Lovely all!!!
Congratulations for your Anniversary! Great finds and thanks for share with us!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Sorry you didn't feel well on your anniversary, but you had great luck with your shopping! I love your pink pearl buttons, and even still on the card!!! Hugs, Penny

Victoria said...

Love these sewing machine drawers... Have you painted them white yet? I'd love to see! I got a set of 4 a few years back at an antique store... didn't get as good a buy as you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails