Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fabulous Vintage Brass & Crystal Wall Sconce


Hello & Happy Weekend everyone! I wanted to share with you this fabulous Vintage Brass & Crystal wall sconce that I had just got delivered this morning, and of course, went right to work on given it a shabby white makeover, lol :) I won this beauty on Ebay a couple of days ago ~ I've been wanting to get one of these, the kind that you can plug into the wall instead of having it hard-wired, but they are usually rather pricey....this one I won at a pretty decent price, so I'm quite happy :) For now I have this pretty soft pink shade on it, but I think I want something a little bit different...but it works for now :)



Here is the pic from the Ebay auction of what it looked like before...



Look at all these pretty & sparkly crystals....yummy!!



Here's a photo of it all lit up....isn't it so romantic!! I am sooo thrilled with it!!



My son Austin, is playing Varsity Football this year (he was JV last year), and last night was our Tiger's first game against Shelby....I'm sad to say that are Tiger's lost, 7-29. At least they managed to score a touchdown towards the end of the last quarter, so it wouldn't be a complete shut-out! Austin is number 89 :) Hopefully they will bounce back and win the next game on Thursday night...it's a home game, so they will have lots of Tiger fans rooting them on.



And one last thing before I go....I've had a custom banner & avatar created for my Etsy shoppe, and I would love for you all to hop on over and take a look at it...it's just soooo perfect! Debbi, at Cottage Garden Banners created this custom one-of-a-kind set for me, and I am over-the-moon thrilled with it. She also created a business card for me, and I've just placed an order for some, so once I get those, you'll be seeing them included in all my packages :)

Until next time sweet friends!!

6 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
It looks fantastic!! I am looking for something like this for my Den. I have 2 art deco type wall sconces on each side of the used to be window of the Kitchen. I want something that I can use lamp shades on. I need 2 and they have to be hardwired. I will be checking out Lowe's and Home Depot....
Hugs,
Deb

ornamentsbypink said...

Hi Brenda, I love that vintage wall sconce and it looks so much better in white! I love crystals!
Just went to check your etsy banner and it is so sweet! She did a great job on it.
Have a nice evening!
Mary

Annesphamily said...

Good luck to your son and his team! I love sports! Love all the pretties here. Enjoy the weekend. Anne

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Love your pretty wall light. I'm glad that you found what you were looking for. Whenever I see these I always grab them up. But, they are hard to find.

hugs
Sissie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
Your romantic wall light is gorgeous. Love the makeover you gave it and the way it looks lit. So pretty.
Good luck this football season to your son and his team. I know you are very proud.
Debi is an awesome designer, talented and just the nicest person. She did my etsy banner and buttons too.
So enjoyed my visit.
Have a great evening.
XO Celestina Marie

Wolfe's den said...

I have the same sconce!! So shabby!!!! My oldest DD is almost 16 - time flies by way too fast!!!!
Jenn@ whinenroses

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails