Sunday, August 7, 2011

Amber's Baby Shower ~ August 6th, 2011

Hi Everyone! Well, you know how I told you in my previous post that the day of my daughter's baby shower was SUPPOSE to be nice...no rain? Guess what it did that morning? Yup, it rained :) Wahhhh!! We had all the tables set out on our side deck Friday night, and I was going to finish decorating first thing Saturday morning....but instead, we had to scramble to bring all the tables and chairs into our Pole Barn, and get things set up in there. I DID NOT want to have it in our Pole barn, as that's where all my hubbys stuff is kept....which you will see in the photos below.....there was no hiding any of it :( But even though we had to have it in there, it still was a huge success for Amber, and everyone had a wonderful time, though it was VERY warm in there, even with having the large main door open...all that body heat :) I think there was a total of about 24 or 25 of us ladies in there, plus a baby and toddler! I had planned to take photos of everyone that came, but I was way too busy, and I had handed my camera off to my niece Krystal to take photos while Amber was opening her gifts....I did manage to take a few myself of some of the ladies who were there, and the tables that would serve for Lunch, cupcakes & cookies, and for the gifts. Krystal had takens photos of EVERYTHING she got, but I will show you all just some of them :)

These first seven photos, (except the 2nd photo) are pics that I took....and this first picture is of my sweet Baby girl Amber...



Here is Amber and I.....



The pics of the tables and some of our party guests... that brown thing you see peaking out from under the table is the Pack-n-play that we got for them, but we couldn't get it set up as there was no room :(......darn that rain!! LOL :)







Here are some of the things that she received from family & friends....



















One of the games we played was called, "Baby Shower Left & Baby Shower Right", which you read a story, and everytime you hear the word "right" you pass the prize bag to the person on the right, and everytime you heard the word "left", you pass it to the person on your left.....I heard a LOT of moans and laughing going on while reading the story...even I started having a difficult time reading it because I too would start laughing. Because there were so many ladies, I had 2 prize bags, and started one at the farthest end of the circle from me, and one closest to me...that game was a huge hit!

Well, today is all about cleaning up...doing laundry... then sitting back and watching the Nascar race this afternoon. Tomorrow I will begin on creating some new pretty pillows and 2 pretty pink embellished handtowels to list on either Ebay or Esty....I'll post pics of those when they are finished for you to see :)

Until next time sweet friends!!!

9 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Brenda Sweetie...
What a beautiful share this morning. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. She looks so precious in that first photo. I love the one of the two of you together as well.

It appears that this little grandson is going to be the best dressed guy in town. He got so many beautiful gifts of love.

Your tables looked so pretty and I love the banner. So cute.

Even a little rain was not going to stop this wonderful day of sharing and caring together.

Have a gorgeous Sunday. I too am off to do laundry as well.

Many country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

stefanie said...

oh, it looks so perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

Even though it rained, you made everything look so prettty in the "barn".....it looked like every
one was having a good time!
Loved the pictures of you and Amber...first grandbabies are SOOO
special, aren't they??!!
He is going to have a great wardrobe...lots of the cutest outfits!!!
Thanks for sharing with us, I was waiting for this post!!
Hugs, Francy

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Despite the rain, you still had a wonderful baby shower. Your daughter looks so pretty and happy.

hugs
Sissie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

My daughter's name is Amber too!
Looks like it went well ~ even tho it rained.
deb

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Brenda,

Wish we had had some of your rain... and at the wrong moment. Murphy's law!
But the essence of the whole thing has not changed and everybody looked happy!
Have a great week and love to you,

Mariette

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello Brenda,

What a sweet baby shower! Looks like everyone had fun despite the rain.

Debbie

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh sweetie...You all look so happy and filled with love. I know you are sooo excited. Hold On! Your life is about to change in a BIG WAY!

Love to you! Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by everybody! Except for those deer heads on the wall! Eeek!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails