Tuesday, August 30, 2011

An Antique Find ~ Halloween Pillows ~ Austin's New Football Photo

Good Tuesday Morning everyone! Today I thought I would show you some really beautiful rose plates that I found at a local Antique Mall in our neighboring town of Newaygo while out-and-about yesterday ~ they are a set of 6 sweet handpainted pink rose plates, about 6" in diameter. Some of them are marked Silesia on the back. I LOVE it when I can find a set of matching vintage rose plates to add to my collection. I do love me some handpainted pink rose plates, LOL :)



Just look at these gorgeous pink roses ladies.....oh yes!!



Also yesterday while out and about, I stopped at the fabric store and purchased some pretty Fall colored fabric, and came home and created these 2 lovely One-of-a-Kind Halloween pillows, which are now listed on Ebay. I don't make very many Halloween pillows, as I don't really do much decorating in my home for this holiday, so I just make a couple or so of these to offer up, for those you do love to decorate in these fall colors. ~ There is a link on my right side-bar that will take you right to my Ebay listings if you would like to take a better peek at them.




And here is my son Austin's new Varsity Football photo. Our scanner on our printer is no longer working, so I had to take a picture with my camera of this photo, then upload it to our computer. Not sure why the scanner isn't working...very frustrating! Hubby mentioned about maybe looking into getting a new printer/scanner. So hopefully I'll find something that I think will work best for all the things I have to do on it. The printing aspect of it works just fine, but not the scanner aspect of it? We've had it for a few years, so I guess it's probably time to get a new one...but I really like this one :(



I can't get over how much older he is looking! He's my baby!! Okay, my 16 year old baby, lol :) I know, I know, they do grow up.... :)

Well, that's about it for this post....today I will be doing a little bit of housecleaning, and finishing up a cute rosey pillow that I started working on a couple of days ago. And watching some of my favorite ABC soaps....I'm still sad that All My Children and One Life to Live will be off the air soon...I've been watching these since I was in high school!! Oh well :(

Until next time sweet friends!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Brenda...did you ever snag some treasures!! Those plates are old, judging from the mark on the back of them, and just beautiful.
you must have "jumped for joy" when you saw them!!! They are really gorgeous...such luscious-looking roses!!! What a find!!!!
The Halloween pillows are pretty, too. I am like you, I use pink and yellow so much that fall colors just don't go with my house. BUT I did find some nicely hand painted pumpkins on e-bay last year and they were in whites and pinks, with flowers painted on them!! I was hosting a family reunion the first part of November so I bought three for a table center-piece and they are so pretty...and a dash of fall....
Your son is nice looking and I like the colors of his uniform...
yes, they do grow up...too quickly!
You have a fun day,,,,enjoy those wonderful plates!!!!
Hugs, Francy

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Brenda, those plates are beautiful! What a great find! The pillows are pretty sweet too! Very nice photo of your son. I bet you are so proud! Take care, Connie

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda,
You have the same eye I do for gorgeous hand painted plates. They are just so yummy! Good find!
Loving your darling pillows too!

Like you I can't believe that my one and only will be 20 in Dec and is in her Soph year of college! Ouch!

Have a great day!
Lorena

Jenna said...

Hi Brenda! those plates are simply lovely, what a great buy. Your halloween pillows are awesome! I'm so ready for fall and decorating
;0) Have a super week! Hugs,Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Brenda I have some pretty dessert plates just like this and they are some of my favorite dishes!! I use one as a butter dish too. Great find!

bee blessed
mary

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
Love the cute pillows and the dishes are to die for!! What a great find on those dishes!!

hugs,
Debbie

ornamentsbypink said...

Hi Brenda,
The dishes are so pretty, I love the light pink roses on them. Your halloween pillows are beautiful but my favorite would be the one with the orange fabric!
You have a good looking baby, My baby girl just turned 28.
I Can't believe it!
Mary

GardenOfDaisies said...

The pink rose plates are beautiful! You must be so proud of your young man! Our son played football (just one year) He also played tennis all through hs and was in the marching band all 4 years too. I don't know where he found time to do it all.

het tuinengeltje said...

Hello there,

love your pictures especially the shabby roses.

Have a nice day!
Sylvia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails