Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Goodwill and Ebay finds for me!

A couple of days ago, I once again stopped at my local Goodwill store, and found a couple of things to bring back home with me. I'm surprised they don't know me by name yet as I am there usually a couple times a week!

But first, I wanted to show you these gorgeous soft pink roses I purchased from a seller on ebay, and plan to use them in future pretties :)



My first treasure I found at GW was this beautiful Vintage rose hooked rug, for $4.99! Can you believe someone wanted to get rid of this beauty? OMG!!



My other sweet treasure was this lamp....the shade I will be giving a makeover at some time, but I was really interested in the base, as I knew it would be perfect for the lampshade I made over with a sweet pink girls frilly ruffled skirt. Click HERE for that post. It was silver in color (looked as though someone had painted it), but I knew it would look fab painted white. The cost for this lamp base & shade was $5.00.



And here it is all painted cottage white, with the pretty lampshade I had :) Isn't she gorgeous! I LOVE it!!



Here is a close-up of the base....I love the style and detail. Feel free to click on any image to enlarge them :)



Tomorrow is my grocery shopping day, and you can be sure I will be stopping at that towns local goodwill to see what treasures await me there :)

23 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

You scored big on that rug!

OMGOSH! It's fabulous. I'm sooo jealous!

xoRebecca

CC said...

Oooooooooo,what gorgeous finds. You lucky,lucky girl to have found such pretty things. I love that rug..and the lamp with that gorgeous shade is too pretty for words.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
You are like a breath of fresh air.
Always excited about your finds and such energy in your posts. I love coming here to visit you.

I really like your finds. The lamp turned out great and your lampshade is perfect.

Lovely things.

hugs
Sissie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
Great finds. I love that rug and have been searching for one similar for my shabby rose guestroom. I know it's out there, just have to keep looking.
Love the lamp on your mosaic table.

Everything's beautful!

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETS,
LOVE YOUR FABULOUS FINDS!!! LIKE HOW GORGEOUS IS THAT HOOKED RUG!! WHY WOULD ANYONE PART WITH SUCH A BEAUTY IS BEYOND ME....LOVE THE MAKE OVER YOU GAVE TO THAT PRETTY LAMP GREAT JOB SWEETIE, AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW YOUR GOING TO USE THOSE PRETTY ROSES, YOU GOT OFF OF EBAY ;)

HUGS TO YOU SWEET BLOGGY FRIEND~XOX0~MARI

Connie said...

Ya did good on that one, chickee!! Woooohooo, scoring big time.
xoxo,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Wow you did great!! I love your rug....Kathy

Tanza said...

Hi Brenda,
WoW !! What beautiful finds for you !! At Goodwill .. Ooohh my gosh !! The rug is gorgeous !! That lamp .. looks stunning !! PERFECT marriage of them together !! Very charming .. Okay, I WILL go to Goodwill !! Kudos to you Brenda .. YOU DID GOOD !! Happy rest of your week Brenda ~
Hugs ~tea~ xo

Anonymous said...

That rug is so gorgeous! I also love, love, love how that lamp turned out! Soooo pretty!

~Blessings~
Char

Char said...

I don't know how you do it, but you have the best luck of anyone I know girlfriend, Char

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Brenda! Thank you so much for visiting my blog as it lead me to yours and your gorgeous finds. Absolutely love your lamp!!! What a great transformation!!!

Patti said...

Yes, beautiful finds!! I'm envious...my last couple trips to the thrift stores haven't yielded much.

One man's junk (that amazing rug!) is definitely another man's treasure, huh?

Blessings,
Patti (Of Days and Dreams)

Debby said...

WOW!!! Your lamp is amazing and the flowers are so pretty.
Debby

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hello Brenda... WOW on that rug, what a great find! I am always hunting for rugs and never find anything! Lucky girl!
You did a terrific job on your lamp makeover, gorgeous ruffled shade too!
Bella

The Old Parsonage said...

I agree with everyone else - great find and I'm jealous!!

Thanks so much for visiting with me.

Leann

Susan said...

I love what you did with your lamp!
That rug is to die for!!

Home and Heart said...

While I LOVE all your goodies, I can't take my eyes off your gorgeous barkcloth? curtains!!!! So pretty!!

Appleshoe said...

Hello Brenda, You're posts always make me smile. You get just as excited about GW hunting trips as I do. take care.

sandy said...

I LOVE the hooked rug! Really a treasure!

sanjeet said...

What a great transformation!!!
PPC Advertising India

Tammy Neal said...

Hi Brenda,

I just started blogging and found your site. It is so beautiful and your are a very talented lady. I absolutely love your house and I will be following you now to see what other beautiful things you have to share. Thanks you for sharing your beauty with the world! Blessings to you! Tammy

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Pretty pink roses... we'll watch for them in future pretties, as you call them.

Enjoy your shops tomorrow......... may there be lots of fun treasures to uncover.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
I love those pretty roses and can't wait to see what you will do with them!!
I adore the lamp and that lamp shade is just fantastic!!

Hugs,
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails