Thursday, June 3, 2010

More Goodwill Goodies 4 Me :)

Thursdays are typically my Grocery shopping day, and I almost always go to the nearby town of Fremont, MI to shop at the Walmart there. They also have a Goodwill store, and you can bet that I always make time to stop there to see what they have for me! Today I found 3 sweet items to bring back home with me, yeah!

First up is this bag of pink (HELLO!) rosebuds...there are 12 bunches with 12 rosebuds to each bunch :) Lots of stuff I can create using these beauties, and for just $2, oh yeah!



There was also this other bag with white rosebuds. There are 10 bunches with 12 rosebuds to each bunch.. Yippee!! These too were $2.



And lastly is this sweet white Ironstone pitcher/creamer, and it has the sweetest swirl pattern to it. It was only 80 cents!! I'm thinking I want to start collecting more of this white Ironstone! I love how it looks in my home. I wonder why I never thought of collecting it before? I've seen it displayed in homes in lots of the magazines I like to read....ah, go figure, lol :)



If there is a local Goodwill or Thrift store near you, I HIGHLY recommend you go and check out what treasures are awaiting there for you! You never know what you might find...that's half the fun of it :)

Have a great day everyone!!

Warmest Hugs, Brenda

15 comments:

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Wow, someone must have bought too many roses for a wedding! Lucky you. I look forward to seeing how you use them. Debbie

Julie Marie said...

Hi Brenda... wonderful finds! I haunt our thrift shop all the time, and have found some real treasures too! The thrill of the hunt is so much fun! I love your little white pitcher... I have several, I think I'll go get mine out now that you mention it! xoxo Julie Marie

Victorian1885 said...

Good afternoon Brenda
What great treasures you found AGAIN!
I have completed many sets of china by searching at our local thrift stores..have a good rest of the day!

Wanda

Mari said...

HELLO SWEET BRENDA...
WOW SUCH GREAT ITEMS YOU HAVE PICKED UP FOR YOURSELF :) CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT PROJECTS YOUR GOING TO USE YOUR SWEET ROSE BUDS ON :)LOVE YOU WHITE PITCHER TOO!!
HUGS TO YOU SWEET BLOGGY FRIEND~XOX~MARI

Unknown said...

WTG on your finds! I shop thrift and Goodwill all the time. I posted about my loot today, in fact ;) GMTA!
Happy Creating!
Roselle

Home and Heart said...

What a score! I too look forward to seeing future creations!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,

You made out like a bandit!!

Love the bunches of roses!!

And the white ironstone pitcher is gorgeous!!
White ironstone just has that classic elegance about it and it will look fantastic in your beautiful home!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

What treasures you have found...I love all thoses roses, and that creamer is darling!!
Rebecca

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
I would say the stars aligned and it was pure karma that those beautiful roses were waiting for you. Perfect! Just your style and imagine the beautiful things that you can make.
I love the white pitcher too. I have some ironstone and white pieces and I'm loving it more too.

hugs
Sissie

Patti said...

What a gorgeous pitcher!

And I SO echo your thoughts on thrift stores. It wasn't too many years ago that I wouldn't have been caught dead in one (too proud!), but I've since discovered that they hold an amazing collection of lovely things (including a red wool, hip length coat for $3!!!). It really is true...one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Blessings,
Patti

Rebecca said...

Gotta love Goodwill! Great finds!

Char said...

What the heck Brenda!!?? Now I know where all the good stuff is!!! Way to go, Char

Appleshoe said...

Hello Brenda- I love Goodwill, you never know what you will find. All of my regular dishes are white. There is something about white dishes that just makes every meal look like a work of art. Take care.

Ana said...

Hi Brenda,
I love, love, love thrift stores...I visit one every single chance I get :-) So many great treasures to be found...just like yours. Love your white pitcher and it was only 80 cents...I LOVE IT! Have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
You found some great finds. Love the ironstone pitcher and the rosebuds~~ wow!
I too shop the Goodwill stores in my area. There is always a treasure waiting for a redesign.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Blessings, Celestina Marie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails