Thursday, September 2, 2010

Grant Tigers 28 ~ Tri-County Vikings 0 !!

Hi everyone, my son Austin and his fellow JV teammates had their 2nd game, which was a home game, last night, and they kicked some Vikings you know what!! Woo Hoo!! Can ya tell I'm a very proud mother :) Austin didn't get to play a whole lot, as this is his very first time EVER playing football, but he did get to do a total of 10 plays (yes, he was keeping track, lol ) Which is about 7 more plays he did compared to last week.

Below are a couple of photos I took from the game; the first one shows him in the line-up to do the kick-off...he's #4, you can go ahead and click on any of the pictures to enlarge them.



And this photo shows him standing on the sidelines with his teammates..



And with everything that has been going on here, I did manage somehow to actually create a pretty cottage pillow!! I'm planning to get it listed sometime tomorrow morning over on Ebay, so hope you will get a chance to check it out :)



I won't be posting again until, hopefully, Teacup Tuesday....we are having a fish fry here at our house this Saturday, so I have lots to do in preparation for that...we've invited some of my close family, hubby's close family, and our daughter Amber's in-laws...should be lots of fun!!!

I want to wish everyone a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend!!!

Warmest hugs to you all, Brenda

8 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

GO #4...way to go!!!
I love the pillow Brenda and yes where do you find the time?
Have a great long weekend and lots of fun with the guests and fish fry!
Wish I was there...:)
Tina xo

Nancy's Notes said...

Woo hoo, way to go #4!

Gorgeous pillows, you are so very creative!

Nancy

Jill said...

Great job # 4! :-) Beautiful pillow too! Have a lovely time this weekend! Blessings,
Jill

Carolyn said...

Love the pillow! it is fun watching our children play sports isn't it-for us it is soccer.
I also loved you beautiful tea below.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Carolyn

Patti said...

Way to go, Tigers!!! Glad they won!!

Your pillow is beyond beautiful, Brenda...as always.

The fish fry sounds fabulous. Hope y'all have a wonderful time and a lovely Labor Day weekend.

Talk to you next week.

Love,
Patti

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I know you are so proud of your son.
And, I hope his team is number 1.

I have missed seeing your pretty pillows and this one is so lovely.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

hugs
Sissie

Barb said...

Hi Brenda, you are a proud mother and that is a beautiful thing!

Have a wonderful Labor Day.

Hugs, Barb ♥

Elaine said...

A win..that's great. My grandson who is now 25 is part of the coaching staff in our home town. he played every since he was little and is in love with the game. This year is the 5th year for coaching.

My late husband and I loved highschool football
GO TEAM

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails