Monday, September 13, 2010

Teapots & Teacups & Tea Things...Oh My!

Hello and welcome once again to another Tea Tuesday here in Blogland....Below is my vignette that I have set up for this week's Tea Post.



And this is my featured cup for this week....isn't it just lovely! This is another of the new cups that I recently purchased on Ebay, and when I first saw it, and saw the sweet & soft pink roses, I just knew I had to have one for my little collection.



Here is a close-up of the stamp on the bottom of the cup...it reads: Thomas Sevres Bavaria. On the bottom of the saucer it simply is stamped "Bavaria".



The pretty saucer...



I've chosen my pretty little vintage green teapot with the sweet pink florals, and, yes ladies, a REAL chocolate chip muffin!! Yummy! And such hard work to make these muffins too....I had to open up the pouch and put the contents into a bowl, then add a half of a cup of milk, then, OMG, I HAD TO MIX IT BY HAND!! Oh the agony, LOL!! Then I had to put the mixture into muffin cups to bake them, and when they were done, I had to take them out of a really hot oven...see how difficult this was for me :) But I did this all for my sweet bloggie friends :) Now pick yourself up from off the floor from laughing so hard, 'cuz I still have the rest of the vignette to show you!!



Here you will see a pretty pink porcelain rose, and a vintage candlestick with some sparkly crystals... Have you composed yourselves yet?



A sweet little pink and white toned pitcher with some pretty pink faux roses..



And check out this book I just got in the mail today...I purchased it on Ebay, and it's by Victoria..At Home with Roses. I've done a quick perusal of it, but will sit down later to have a really good look thru it..



And here is the pretty vintage tray that everything is placed upon. I purchased it at Goodwill a couple of years ago and had painted it white, but just today I decided to paint it pink, and I placed a piece of the wallpaper that is in our living room on top... I really like how it looks...what do you think?



Once again this week I am participating with these Tea Parties and their lovely Hostesses...be sure to stop by and say hello, and to visit all the other blogs who are participating :)

Martha and Terri at Tea Cup Tuesday

Wanda Lee and Pam at Tea Pot and Tea Things Tuesday

Lady Katherine at Lady Katherine's Tea Parlor

Sandi at Tea Time Tuesday

32 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Brenda, that was lovely. Every single aspect of your setting is lovely....the porcelain rose (gorgeous), the beautiful tea cup, the sweet green tea pot, and all the rest. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Enjoyed those chocolate chip muffins, too. After you did all that work to make them, how could I pass one up? Good job! Susan

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Everything is so lovely today...I WANT that candle stick and the tray, I love it pink and the wallpaper is the perfect touch.

I am so glad I used the plates with room for muffins today in my tea blog, a chocolate chip one will fit perfectly next to my cup :)

Kelsie

Connie said...

Beautiful, beautiful china, honey!
xoxo,
Connie

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Brenda,

Great images! You will love that Victoria - AT HOME WITH ROSES book; I do have it and do treasure it!

Greetings from Georgia,

MariettesBacktoBasics

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Brenda, I love joining you for tea because you have AMAZING dishes, pretty pretty roses!! Your tray is beautiful too, and I am putting that book on my short list:-)
Have a Great Day!
Bella

Home and Heart said...

How pretty!! how lucky your guests must be too!!

Concetta said...

Dear Brenda,
I just love anything with roses - what a magnificent post - thank you so much for sharing tea with all of us today!
<><
Concetta

Denise@alloverroses said...

Your tea cup is lovely. The roses are so soft and delicate. I wish I had that muffin right now to go with my freshly brewed coffee. You bake like I do. :) Have a great day!
Denise

Appleshoe said...

Brenda you make me smile. Those muffins look delicious and your tray turned out lovely. Your vignettes are always a treat. Take care.

Werna Gail said...

The wallpaper is the perfect touch for the tray. And the teacup is lovely. Anything Victoria puts out is good. My sweet daughter keeps my subscription up for me.And since you toiled so hard, please pass the muffins. It is so good to be home,I missed you all.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

What a delightful tea post, so pretty and feminine.
Glad you slaved over the stove to make your muffins - they look yummny. And, I love what you did with the tray, very creative.
Judith

Anonymous said...

Brenda, how pretty. Bavarian china is some of the most delicate, isn't it. These are too beautiful!
Roses...what is it about roses!
Hugs, Diane

Terri said...

Beautiful post Brenda! I love your Bavarian tea cup and saucer! It has the prettiest roses on it. And your tea pot too is just gorgeous. I love those greens and pinks.
Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Terri

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda!
Everything is simply stunning! I always love my visits to your blogs! You have such an amazing eye for wonderful treasures! I can see we both love handpainted china, esp Bavarian!

Hope you have a great day!
Happy Tea!
Lorena

xinex said...

What a beautiful presentation, Brenda. Your cups are exquisite and I really love your teapot....Christine

Rebecca Nelson said...

I'm LOVIN' that tea cup, Miss B! OMGosh! Truly...I do!

xo~Rebecca

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
What a gorgeous tea you have served today! Love the sweet teacup and the teapot too is very pretty. I really like your pink tray and I may do the same with one of mine. Mine is rather ugly at the moment and pink paint with some wall paper might just do the trick. Thanks for sharing and joining me for tea. Hope you have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Good Morning, Branda...
Your new teacup is just beautiful...I love those soft pinks the best, too. Really, pretty teacups with roses are hard to resist period!!! You are getting a spectacular collection!
Hugs,
Jil
xo

stefanie said...

you always have such gorgeous treasures!!!

Unknown said...

Everthing looks so inviting!

Trisha said...

It's all so beautiful!

~Trisha

Bookie said...

The dishes are soft and soothing shades...the presentation superb.

Patti said...

First of all, Brenda, I've really missed you. I know you have been busy with football season, but I think I've missed a couple posts somewhere along the way, because it seems like forever since I've been here. Once a week just doesn't cut the mustard for visiting your lovely blog!!

I LOVE the tray!! If you hadn't said that was wallpaper, I would have assumed you painted the roses. I LOVE it that way. Perfect for your sweet tea party today.

Yes, the teacup is beyond beautiful. I can easily see why it was a must-have for you.

Oh, and the muffin looks delish!! I appreciate all the hard work it took to serve them.

Have a great day.

Love,
Patti

Olivia said...

Oh my goodness Brenda! As always just stunning! I adore your tray painted pink! I am having serious pink withdrawls! Uh oh, watch out Mr. Romantic I will be painting something pink soon!
Hugs,
Olivia

PeregrineBlue said...

ahhhh....breakfast in bed, what could be better?

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETIE,

OMG!!! YOUR JUST SOOOO FUNNY :) IM STILL LAUGHING WHAT A GREAT POST...
YOUR TEA CUP IS A BEAUTY TOO :)

HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

Susan said...

Brenda your tea set is just lovely!! The Bavarian china is to die for!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
I'm sure after slaving over the stove making those cupcakes that you had to sit your little self down to rest! LOL!
At least you have a pretty little tray of lovelies to help you relax.
The sweet pink roses teacup has your name written all over it.

Great post.

hugs
Sissie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Hello, Miss Brenda!!

Well, I was laughing because I could have said exactly the same thing you did!! A cook and a baker, I am not! I know how but I would rather be painting or decorating,etc....
What a beautiful tea cup and tea pot!! Gorgeous!!

I love the tray that you redid!! The pink with your pretty wall paper is just stunning!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

So, so pretty! I would love that book. It looks amazing! BTW, thanks for working so hard on the muffins! What a dedicated blogger you are, ha!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

KathyB. said...

I am late to the tea parties this week, but yours is well worth the visit. I am so glad you've allowed me to join you. The vignette is very pretty and what a good idea for a tea tray. I have some ugly, old T.V. trays I might do this to...

The teacup is perfect for your home.I am amazed at how many lovely teacups are adorned with roses, but maybe that should not be so surprising since roses are among the most beautiful flowers.

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Good morning Brenda,
You are a silly gal!!!!
I love your vignette today. Your new cup and saucer look so delicate. Just precious!!!
How was your new book? I have been looking for that book at thrift stores for a while now.....hmmm.......may have to breakdown and order it from someone online!!
I hope you have a truly lovely day!
Warm hugs, Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails