Monday, September 6, 2010

Lets have Tea in my Sewing Room

Hello everyone! I'm back this week to join in on all the fun Tea Parties, YEAH!!! I really missed everyone last week, but was really busy.....the fish fry we had Saturday was a big success; everyone had a great time, and ALL the fish got ate up!! It was YUMMY!! My brother and his wife brought a big bowl of delicious home-made potato salad, and that too was completely eaten! We also had baked beans, Taco Salad, and several desserts...lots of delicious food.

Okay, now on to this week's post for Tea Time here in Blogland :) This week I decided to set up a cute little vignette on the Antique Victorian bed that is in my sewing room...this bed also works as my "work table", so to speak, lol :) You'll see a sweet vintage bed tray, with this weeks featured teacup, a vintage wicker basket, a charming rose patterned mug with pretty pink faux roses, a wonderful Teapot that was originally silver, but now given a makeover of pink, and some of my friend Rhonda's sweet faux treats...



Here is this week's featured cup & saucer, which I also purchased on Ebay, and it too is by Ansley (I am really Loving these cups!) This one has a corset shape, and has gorgeous pink roses both on the outside and on the inside...it has a gold band along the rim, at the base of the cup, and on the handle too...and the saucer too has a gold band around it's rim.



The inside of the cup...just look at that gorgeous large pink rose!



This is the stamp that is on both the bottom of the cup and the saucer...



Here is the PRETTY IN PINK Teapot.....I just wish I knew how to paint roses, 'cuz it would look just gorgeous with some roses painted on it :( Oh well...



The sweet little mug, which has pretty pink roses on it, with some lovely pink Parchment roses displayed inside..



The vintage wicker basket, which has 2 vintage millinery pink roses on each side of the top, and I've draped a vintage linen hanky over the outside...and some faux treats placed on a vintage rose plate...



And here is a photo with more of a full view for you to see :)



As always, I am joining with these lovely ladies and their fun Tea Parties this week, and hope you can stop by and visit them :)

Martha and Terri for TEA CUP TUESDAY

Wanda Lee and Pam for TEA POT AND TEA THINGS TUESDAY

Lady Katherine at LADY KATHERINE'S TEA PARLOR

Sandi for TEA TIME TUESDAY

32 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

I am sitting here thinking you are really early with your post when it hit me tomorrow is Tuesday! I think I am going to have to miss TT. Your teapot would be pretty with a rose painted on it. Love your cup. I also had to do a double take because I have that same bed in our guest bedroom. Mine is the original dark stain, but I love the white. Have a great week. Connie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
What a beautiful vignette you have created!! I love the pink teapot!!
And that headboard is totally outstanding!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Oh what a lovely room, that bed is TDF...To sit in such a room and sip tea would be so perfect.

Thank you for letting us in.

Kelsie

Terri said...

Your Ansley tea cup and saucer are gorgeous! I love Ansley too, they often have the corset shape. I love how yours has roses in and out of the cup.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us as well as your beautiful sewing room. What a bed!
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
I LOVE your pink teapot; with or without the roses! Lovely cup and saucer. The little mug is gorgeous too and so is the bed tray! Your bed is a gorgeous work of art; love it! How lovely to sit there and sip a cup of tea. One would feel like a queen! Thank you for sharing your lovely room and tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Vicki said...

Hi, Brenda, sweet friend,
Your room is gorgeous!! Love that bed, and your tea vignette sitting upon it is perfect!! I am crazy about that lovely rosy cup and saucer, too. Happy Tea Time to you~love and hugs always~Vicki

Fee said...

That Bed is just so delicious looking - OMG I love it !!!! Everything is pretty as usual - I loved sharing Tea with you.

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Good morning Brenda,
Once again you are delighting us with your rosey treasures. Everything is beautiful eyecandy!! Your Aynsley teacup is exquisite!!! The corset shape is almost sexy!!! LOL!!
Thank you for sharing your beauties!! Happy Teacup Tuesday!
Warm hugs, Laura

Unknown said...

You certainly love pink! and I love the matt pink chocolate pot? any way the room is also very lovely and I also love Ansley. And the cats fit in so beautifully too ;0)

Love Dawn xx

Patti said...

As always, you have created a totally lovely vignette. The teacup is stunning!! And I love the pink teapot....though I'm sure I would never been bold enough to paint it, for fear of ruining it.

Actually, the whole room is beautiful...I LOVE the pillows and quilt. Really...beyond gorgeous!!!

Your fish fry sounds fabulous...glad everyone had such a grand time.

I'm not doing the tea parties today...my friend Becky just opened her own Etsy shop, and I want my post about that to remain on top for a bit. So, I decided to only visit the parties this week...and not have one myself. However, if you are interested in seeing the guitar my son just made, go to my second post. I am so proud of all his hard work and perseverance.

Blessings to you.

Love,
Patti

Susan Freeman said...

How delightful!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Princesa Nadie said...

I missed you and I'm glad hearing from you
Your post today is really lovely...I would like sleeping in that bed dreaming with beautiful Tea cups
Hugs

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

What a sweet room to have tea in. The pink tea pot certainly has possibilites; nice as it is but roses would look at home on it.
Judith

Mary Ann said...

Hello, I am new here and just wanted to tell you I enjoyed the tea party. The bed linen is simply beautiful. You have lovely decorating talent.

Mary Ann

Bookie said...

I don't believe I have ever seen such a pink teapot, very unique. Everything today is feminine, delicate and lovely.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello Brenda,

Lovely vignette today! That bed is gorgeous! Everything looks so pretty and feminine.

Debbie

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

So pretty! Love the pink mug with parchment roses, and how you hung the roses picture inside the white oval frame. Thanks for stopping and entering my giveaway - good luck! Oh, BTW, my son plays JV football too - don't you love this time of year?

PeggyR said...

I would love to come and have tea with you!

Miss Rhea said...

Pretty !! Your sewing room is lovely ! i REALLY love the headboard :) Hugs :) :)

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETIE,

LOVE YOUR TEA CUP :) AND I ALSO SPRAY PAINTED MY TEA POT A PRETTY PINK :) AHHHH AND JUST LIKE YOU I WISH I NEW HOW TO PAINT ROSES :(

HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

suzyq said...

Brenda, that is just the most gorgeous pink room - it would be delightful to sew in there.
Thanks for stopping by...
Suzyq

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Brenda...

Oh, so pretty. I love all the pinks and the linen whites etc...Because of you, I'll be doing some painting soon, once I choose some paint colors...for my shelves etc :) :)

You have a lovely setting...and I thought the idea of setting up tea on the bed was really nice!!! I'd love to learn how to paint roses too someday. There's this program on my local PBS channel called "One Stroke Painting with Donna Dewbury"...she paints the most amazing roses and the technique looks so easy. I'll have to try it sometime...

Those faux treats...I would not have known that if you hadn't said anything :) :) They look good enough to eat ;) :) Oh, and I love how the room was decorated too...I'm striving for something similar...LOVE the colors etc!!!

Thansk for inviting me to "tea". I have a wonderful visit. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Unknown said...

Delicious! Love your pinks!

Home and Heart said...

Your home is just so pretty!! I can't paint either, but waterslide decals from e-bay work!!

Rita said...

Dear Brenda,
thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comments.
OMGosh, your teacup and saucer are really stunning. I do too love Aynsley although I never ran into any TC&S by these potters. gotta look 'em up on Ebay. maybe I will find some bargain!!
BTW your sewing room is wonderful and that bed...so chic I'm nearly speechless.
love all of your pretty vignettes.
hugs
rita

Sherry said...

What a lovely post and a lovely room you had your little tea party set up. I have decided that I need more pink in my home, I am inspired, thanks for sharing such loveliness.

parTea lady said...

What a pretty room and teatime vignette. I love that gorgeous teacup - the roses are exquisite.

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Brenda... Wow what a lovely tea! Your pink teapot is beyond darling, such an elegant shape! Love that rosey mug too:-) That headboard is a dream!!
Thanks for letting me join you:-)
Bella

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Oh my goodness Brenda,
Your bedroom looks like a very nice Bed and Breakfast, and wow would I love to stay there.
Love all your prettiness.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

Thank you post, I love that bed!..Blessings,
Happy Pink Saturday

Patti said...

Your home is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pink roses - I want to go find your kitchen!

Hugs,
Patti

Bernideen said...

I really enjoyed my visit to your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails