Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm Back ~ Happy New Year! ~ Romantic Valentine Pillows

Hi Everyone!! I'm back to my blog, and looking forward to catching up with you all :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas & New Year. It was so nice to just sit and relax and spend time with my family, something I haven't done too much of, what with being busy with both my Ebay and Etsy shoppes, and this blog of mine too :) Christmas day was spent over at my Brother's house with all of our families. His son was home for a little while ( he's in the Air Force, stationed in Alaska) so it was so good to be able to see him again. The following Wednesday, myself, my daughter Amber, and my 2 sons, Brian & Austin, went out for Lunch at Olive Garden...Love that place!! :) Hubby was out Ice fishing, and besides, he's not much of a fan of that place (I know, can ya believe it! LOL ) New Years Eve & Day was just spent quitely here at home...me and my boys stayed up to watch the ball drop, but hubby went to bed early...he's not one for staying up late. I also took down all my christmas things New Years Eve; got everything all carefully packed up until next Christmas. Now I'm just still trying to put the house back to normal; maybe change a couple of things around...maybe :)

I'm just now starting to get a couple of things listed in my Ebay shoppe for Valentines ~ I have a couple of really sweet pillows listed, which you can click on each link over on my right side-bar to take you to each of those listings. Below is a photo of the 2 of them together...



I just HAD to show you this picture I took of Estella...she just LOVES this round box, and loves to hop on in and take a little nap....Annie got into it once, but when Estella saw her in it, she ran right over and made her get out! I told her that wasn't a very nice sisterly thing to do..gotta learn to share, lol :)



I've also just started working on Austin's blanket that I am crocheting. It's being done in an Urban Camo coloring, of Black, dark and light grey, and I will also be doing rows of Dark Blue. I'm doing it with 23 rows of the Urban Camo, then 10 rows of the dark blue, then repeating this about 3 more times, with a total of 122 rows! Right now I've completed almost 24 rows. I'll be finishing it with a band of about 2 rows all around of the dark blue. It's going to take quite some time to complete it, but when it is all finished I will be sure to take a picture of it for ya to see.

Well, time for me to get back to work with my sewing, then getting a little bit of housework done, so until next time my bloggie friends :)

15 comments:

Tammy Neal said...

Hi Brenda!

I just LOVE your beautiful Valentine pillows! I took my Christmas tree down in the living room last night :( but still have every other room to de-Christmas. I am going to decorate in white and silver in honor of the winter solstice and then VALENTINE's - my favorite holiday of the year! Thank you for inspiring me. Your kitty is so beautiful and I'm glad you shared the photo of her in the hat box - so cute! I hope you have a blessed New Year. Love Tammy Grantz

Susan said...

Ohhhhhh, Brenda, that little kitty is adorable. Isn't it funny how they like their own special places? Love all your new pillows. Sooooo pretty. Take care. Susan

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration of the holidays with your family.

Love those pillows, Brenda ... LOVE THEM! Popping over to your shop to take a peek.

Pop over for our lovely CSN GIVEAWAY!

Have a beautiful New Year ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Brenda,

Glad you had a great time with Family; that is the most important thing. Even though I miss that part; being first generation immigrant that is the hard part. But we keep phone contact via Skype nowadays.
You mention the Air Force, funny that on January 1st I did blog about them...
Your pillows look so romantic; you're quite an artist doing this!

Have a look at my giveaway of a 925/000 silver angel...

Enjoy this new year (however short it will turn out again!) and wish you good health!

Love,

Mariette's Back to Basics

Unknown said...

What a cute post Brenda! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with family :) I LOVE Olive Garden!!!! It is my favorite place to eat :)
Your kitty cat is adorable in that pretty box. What good taste she has!
Love your valentine pillows. I am so ready for valentine goodies to come out :)
The blanket you are making your son sounds so nice. There is nothing like a blanket from a loved one. Such a special, warm gift!!
Happy new year sweetie!
Hugs,
Amy

Char said...

Your pillows are very nice Brenda and I see you have been very busy. Not taking any time off either! HA! I am glad to see you are back and I hope you have a very Happy New Year, Char

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Your kitty looks very happy in the hat box!!
LOVE your Valentine pillows! Very pretty.
Happy New Year!
Warmly,
deb :)

Miss Linda said...

I loved the picture of your beautiful cat in the hat box. I have two naughty kitties who scuffle over prime napping spots, too!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful holiday and are ready for the new year. I do enjoy the holidays, but once New Year has passed I'm ready to get back to normal again. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETIE:)

HOW CUTE IS THAT KITTY IN THE BOX...LOL!!
YOUR NEW PILLOWS ARE JUST GORGEOUS, LIKE EVERYTHING YOU MAKE :)
I HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO TAKE MY CHRISTMAS TREE AND DECOR DOWN YET AS IM ALSO FEELING POORLY :(

HUGLETS~XO~MARI

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh the pillows are just gorgeous!
I also love the photo of the kitty in the hatbox, what a sweet baby!
Have a great day crocheting Brenda...
Tina xo

theromanticrose said...

I tuoi cuscini sono dolci e romantici.Sono nuova nei blog,buon anno, Rosetta di theromanticrose.

chateau de fleurs said...

hi Brenda, your pillows are so lovely and you gotta love that kitty! thanks for stopping by the give away, my fingers are crossed for you! XO Christie

Shirley said...

Hi Brenda, Your pillows are so pretty and your hubby is like mine, he has only went to Olive Garden once in his life. Definitely not his choice. It is hard to get him to humor me at times. Your kitten is so cute. We have a big dark gray tom at work and you can find him curled up in the nail bin or just where ever he decides. Have a great day, A Missouri Friend.

Victorian1885 said...

Welcome back Brenda..you were missed! Happy New Year to you & your Family. Your pillows are as lovely as ever! Kitty is adorable too! Take care.

Hugs
Wanda

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful pillows, Miss Brenda!!

Glad to have you back and wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!!

Hugs,
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails