Sunday, January 30, 2011

Some Pretty Pillows

Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a lovely weekend ~ the sun has actually been shining here in West Michigan, but it is still very cold out. Below are a couple of pillows that I worked on this weekend, and they are both now listed over on Ebay ~ You will find a link to my Ebay listings over on my right sidebar. The first pillow showcases one of my very favorite Images by Francis Brundage, which I actually own the litho print of ~ the second pillow is a total departure from what I usually create, as there is not one hint of pink on it, lol :) This one showcases a wonderful French Graphic. It really is quite beautiful.




A few posts back I mentioned that I have finally starting working on crocheting a blacket for my son Austin, and below is a photo of where I am at so far. The finished blanket will measure 81" wide x about 78" long ~ there will be a total of 122 rows ~ and so far I have completed 45 rows. The colors that I am working with are Urban Camo, which consists of the colors black, dark gray and light gray, and the other is a dark blue. There will be altnerating rows of the Urban Camo and the dark blue (23 of the Urban Camo, and 10 of the dark blue) and when these are all completed, I will be doing a border of 2 rows of the dark blue. I told him I will do my best to have this all finished before he graduates High School, which won't be for another 2 years, so I have plenty of time :) Besides, in a couple of months or so, I will be having to get busy on making a sweet little afhgan for my new Grandchild that will be born in September, once we find out what our daughter is having :)

Well, time for me to go "veg' out" in front of the tv for a while and watch a movie...just relax for a change :) Until next time sweet friends.

12 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

LOVE the new pillows Brenda..your first attempt at crocheting is fantastic! Have a great Sunday.
Hugs
Wanda

Gala said...

Brenda, у вас очень красиво! А подушки просто ШИК!!! БРАВО!!!

Mari said...

HELLO BRENDA :)

YOUR NEW PILLOWS ARE JUST YUMMY :)
THE BLANKET FOR YOUR SON, IS COMING ALONG JUST BEAUTIFUL :)

XO~MARI

Susan said...

Very pretty pillows. Don't you just love to relax and watch a good movie once in awhile? It's great. Susan

Pink Princess said...

Both pillows are very pretty :) I used that second graphic on a pillow as well ♥

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Brenda, both pillows are just gorgeous! I too am making some things with plain linen to suit the current market. The crochet blanket is looking great.. I used to crochet alot when I was much, much, younger.. not any more though! take care, Maryann

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
Your pillows are so pretty.
That's sweet that you are making the blanket for your son. Looks like you have a good start.

hugs
Sissie

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh Brenda the pillows are just beautiful and what a sweet way to celebrate Valentine's Day...get some romantic pillows for the bed!
Have a lovely day and stay warm!
Tina xo

Miss Rhea said...

Gorgeous pillows, as always :) :) Wow, that blanket is a lot of work, but it looks great ! I am sure your son will love it. Hugs :) :) :)

Unknown said...

Oh, Brenda, what GORGEOUS pillows.

Please send me your mailing address, I have a little gift for you.
blushing_rose_boutique@yahoo.com

Thank you. Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I love your creamy pillow creation...the one with 'no trace of pink'! lol

but then again your pinks are always so pretty pretty!

I've been busy with my crochet hook too.
Just finished a crocheted blanket of my own in my last post..and today, I'm featuring some pretty pink crochet lace....

ahh..the bliss of creativity, may it never cease!

your stuff is gorgeous!!!!!!

ciao bella

creative carmelina

Home and Heart said...

They are both just beautiful!! You COULD make a silk purse from a sow's ear!!! So much talent!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails