Thursday, January 6, 2011

Vintage Goodwill Finds ~ 2 More Pretty Valentine Pillows

My hubby had to plow last night (EARLY this morning) over in a nearby town called Cedar Springs, at the High School and Bus Garage and surrounding drives, (Which this is the school that I went to and Graduated from), and he got home about 8:30 this morning, so we decided to go get some grocery shopping done at Walmart in Fremont, and after that I MADE him take me to the Goodwill store cuz' I hadn't been to that one in over 2 weeks! Yes, I was definitely suffering from "Goodwill Withdrawal", lol :) Anyways, I did a quick look around, to keep hubs happy, and I found this sweet Vintage filigree mirror and the 2 cute vintage rose plates. At some point I want to paint the metal filigree frame white, but that will have to wait because we are in the dead of winter right now, with cold temps, so not a good time to do any spray painting.



Here's a close-up of the pretty filigree design...isn't it beautiful..



Here is one of the plates....I so wish there had been more pieces, but sadly, there was just the 2 :(



Up-close of the stamp on the back of the plates... don't you just love Bavarian & Germany china..I know I do :)



And here are 2 more pillows that I have created for Valentine's Day... the pillow in the first picture is now currently listed on ebay...



...this one will be listed later this afternoon, so keep an eye out for it...it's so pretty in pink :)



Well, it's back to work in my sewing room, as I have a couple more Valentine's pillows that I want to get finished in the next couple of days. I'll post pictures of them when they are finished so you can take a peek :)

Until next time!

12 comments:

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Brenda
I love you work and all the treasures that you buy.
Everything is so beautiful.

Hugs,
Wendy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Nice finds! The plates are very pretty and your pillows are awesome! I haven't been "shopping" for a FEW weeks...I just keep looking inside all the totes that are taking up space in the family room :)
Deb

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

OH, LOVE your Goodwill finds. Those rose plates are absolutely gorgeous :) :) You'll have to keep your eye out for that pattern now :) :) I almost went to Goodwill myself today. However, it's so foggy and cold outside, I decided to stay home. I may do that later this week!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Char said...

Oh Brenda, I can't wait to see what you do with the mirror. I know it will be beautiful painted white. The plates were a very lucky find my friend, Char

Mari said...

HELLO BRENDA :)

GOSH YOU ALWAYS FIND GREAT ITEMS AT YOUR GOODWILL :) LUCKY YOU!
LOVE YOUR TWO NEW PILLOWS SOOOO PRETTY :)

XO~MARI

Susan said...

Your Goodwill finds are awesome!! I so love your pillow as well

Eileen said...

Great Goodwill finds! And your pillows are lovely, as always.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Great finds! THose pillows are absolutely precious, Brenda!

Happy 2011!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Hello Dear Sweet Brenda,
I can't remember if I have wished you a HNY so here goes....Happy New Year!!!
I love your pillows. They are so beautiful!! (I am not working right now otherwise I would buy one! or two!!!
The plates you bought are in the "Moss Rose" pattern. If you go to Ebay and search "Bavaria Moss Rose" you will find a plethora of items to choose from or at least see other pieces in the collection. I hope this helps!!! Love and warm hugs on this cold snowy day! Laura

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
Looks like the pattern on your plates is Moss Rose.
Everything is so very pretty!!
You do beautiful work!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Brenda,
Are you keeping warm and cozy? Brrrr...
We saw a freighter in the lake and I was amazed. I thought the shipping was over with 'til March when it reopens...I bet it was frigid out on the water!
You get such good "stuff" compared to what I find here. I have to travel a bit to find something worth while...
Take care and Happy New Year!
Jil
xo

chateau de fleurs said...

Hi Brenda, I'm so happy for your news, you will make a wonderful grandmother. I know you will have fun preparing for it's arrival! XO Christie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails