Monday, July 25, 2011

Did my Hubby do good Ladies?

First, I think that what ever problem I was having accessing my blog is done with.....I'm going to keep my fingers, arms, legs, toes, etc... crossed that it is....it is NOT fun when you can't connect to your blog!!

Okay, Saturday my hubby went to go visit his dad and step-mother, and on his way there he stopped at a couple of sales, and at one of them he found this fabulous Vintage pie plate holder ~ I didn't think to take a before pic, but it was orginally a dull silver color, and it has these sweet plastic white beads on it, which I kept ~ but I did give it a shabby and oh-so-chic makeover by painting it...yes...my FAVORITE pink color by Krylon Fusion called Fairytale Pink ~ I LOVE this paint because you don't have to use a primer first.



I love the Filigree details on it....



And the sweet Swag design too...



A while back I purchased a set of 3 pretty Vintage rose plates, and they are perfect displayed on this stand....



Isn't this so fabulous ladies!! Sometimes my hubby doesn't do too well in finding things for me, but sometimes he can really hit the jackpot!! :) I plan to use this for the Baby Shower for my daughter to hold the sandwiches on :)



Have a great day everyone!!! Until next time sweet friends :)

13 comments:

Jenna said...

Your Honey did excellent!!!! :o) I love it and the plates are gorgous to. I think it will look beautiful at the shower. have a super week! hugs, Jennifer

Denise@alloverroses said...

That is just gorgeous! What a special hubby you have with great taste! Can't wait to see it all filled with goodies!

Denise

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

I think it looks gorgeous and yes your hubby did very good snatching it up!
Your paint job just fits it perfectly as do the sweet little dishes with the vintage roses.
It will look priceless at the baby shower!
Tina xo

Maria said...

Wow! What a great find! Your hubby did well indeed! It will look splendid at the baby shower! Have a sweet day, Brenda!

Hugs

Susan said...

Oh how pretty this is!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, your hubby did just great! I love the rose plates too and will be so pretty at the baby shower! I must try that fusion paint soon!

Rebecca Nelson said...

OMGOSH! I LOVE IT! What a great guy. Sounds like my Steveo! A KEEPER!

Love the plates, too!

xoRebecca

Shirley said...

Hi Brenda, Your hubby did a good job and I like your idea for using them. Congratulations on your article in the magazine. Your pictures were amazing and they did a beautiful spread. I am a little behind on my reading. I have been a little busy lately. Have fun at your party. It will be so much fun when the little one arrives and you get to hold it. do you know if it is a boy or girl? Have a great week. Your Missouri Friend.

Anonymous said...

Jackpot indeed! This is amazing! I LOVE THE HANGING JEWELS TOO! and the gorgeous plates you put on top....too die for! but then again, everything in your home is so very sweet and pretty!

You'll have to drop in to see what I'm up to these days!


ciao bella

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Anonymous said...

I would say "YES"!! your hubby did an excellent job of shopping for you!!
The hand painted plates look lovely on
the cake tiers and will be perfect for the baby shower.....be sure to take a LOT of pictures so we can all enjoy the party, too!!
I am still going back to look at the pictures in the Italian magazine you are featured in....such gorgeous "eye
candy" your whole home is!! I wish we could find the magazine over here, or that I could read Italian!!
(((Hugs))) Francy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
YES!! He done good!!
How beautiful this piece came out!! Love the beads on it. May I ask where you buy your Krylon Fairytale pink paint?
I never thought of susing the fusion paint before on these type of items. I used it on patio furnitre....

Thanks for the tip!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Brenda,

As you already wrote yourself, sometimes your Hubby hits the jackpot! He sure did with this one! He knows you very well; that is evident and he also trusts that whatever dull looks, you will transform into something magazine-worthy!
Have a great weekend, lots of love,

Mariette

Debbie Kay said...

Wow your husband is the best! Great find. I love the pink!!

Debbie Kay

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails