Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I have FINALLY finished my G-baby's Blanket!

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July weekend ~ as I mentioned in my previous post, we had a get-together over at my brother & sister-in-law's house on Sunday, as my nephew was home on leave...he was suppose to fly back to Alaska yesterday, but he managed to get his leave extended until the 24th...but that means it will be even longer before he will be able to get another leave :( We have also been working on power washing the exterior of our home ( which it needed DESPERATELY!!) Having a soft yellow house is nice, but boy does it show the dirt so easily!

Anyhoo :), I wanted to show you a couple of pictures of the completed blanket that I have been crocheting for my first grandchild ~ I just did a simple square design, with skeins of a soft multi-color, followed by a soft yellow, then soft green, then back to the multi-colored, a simple white, then finished with a "ruffle" of the soft green. Isn't it just sooooo sweet :) I had crocheted blankets for each of my 3 children, and made sure to have them done before they were born so that I could wrap them up with them when we brought them home :)




I hope to very soon be able to tell you about the "Exciting news" that I mentioned some time ago ~ I'm just waiting for "it" to arrive in the mail, which it is on it's way here from Italy :) What oh what could it be?

Until next time sweet friends!!

13 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Brenda,

Oh so sweet...that baby blanket...to wrap up an even sweeter grandbaby :) :) i'm so excited for you. The baby blanket turned out so beautiful :) :) Have a great day :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Barb said...

Hi Brenda, the blanket is beyond adorable. The colors are so soft and sweet.

Totally beautiful!

Barb ♥

ShabbyESP said...

Love the baby blanket you crocheted. I made one for each of my grandsons. Lots of time and work but it helped through the anticipation of the arrival of my sweet boys!!
Enjoy your day!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Brenda, the baby blanket is too sweet and looks ever so soft! You must be so excited. I used to crochet, a long, long time ago! take care, Maryann

Rebecca Nelson said...

How precious my friend! LOVE IT! I'm so happy to you and your girl.

Don't tease us with exciting things. That makes me NERVOUS!

HAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Thanks for the biz!

xoRebecca

Ruby Jean said...

Oh, that is Precious...I truly wish I knew how to Crochet...the only thing I know is how to Chain and Chain and Chain and Chain some more..making pretty much Nothing..: )
You did a beautiful job

Olivia said...

Oh sweetie that blanket is just darling! I love handmade baby! So soft and snuggly!
Hugs,
Olivia

Deborah said...

Absolutely sweet...I am also going to be a first time Grandma...she is due in October!

Shirley said...

It always gives you such a warm feeling when you make something special for that little one to be. I know you will spoil them because all grandmothers do. I love the colors that you chose because they would work wonderfully whether a boy or girl. Have a great weekend. Your Missouri Friend.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda,
Love the baby blanket!! Such pretty pastels!!
Have a great day!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Rhonda's Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dear Brenda, I love your sweet baby blanket! You know I was just over at Bunny Cottage & her blog too is so sweet & on the side was a pic of her newest grand baby Olivia & I melted & thought will I get one of those someday??? I hop over here & see this post of yours & just SMILE so BIG to think oh Sweet Brenda is going to get one !!! I am just so happy for your dear family & the blessed little one who will be welcomed into the world wrapped in love !
Sweet Brenda I got my Beautiful pillow I won off eBay! It is so lovely as all my pillows are from you & always wrapped up so pretty too! Love it all! Big Hugs to you! xoxo, Rhonda M THANK YOU A MILLION! Come to my blog to see my deals I put on eBay. It sure has been slow there.

Linda said...

Brenda- Your blog is looking great. The baby blanket is adorable and surely will become a family heirloom.
I will be starting on a baby blanket with embrodered bluebirds soon, I'm not proficient at embrodery so a fun learning project.

What oh what is that surprise?? Italy, huh? Hmmmmmm.
Blessings, L

Cottage Rose said...

What a beautiful baby blanket... love the colors.. what a lovely heirloom to pass down...so exciting waiting on a new grand baby,,, my daughter is due any day now.... it is her first..... have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails