Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where Bloggers Create 2011

Hello everyone! I am participating in the Where Blogger's Create Party for the 1st time, and am so excited! I can't wait to see all the other wonderful places that all the talented ladies, and gentlemen, create their wonderful treasures in :) I want to give a big Thank You to Karen, at My Desert Cottage, for hosting this wonderful blog party for the 3rd year! Okay, now on to showing you ladies where it is that I do my creating in.....first, I want to let you know that the photos you will be seeing were taken a couple or so weeks ago....it has now been taken over by things for my daughter's Baby Shower :)




The room that I work in, use to be my daughter's room, but when she married almost 2 years ago, I transformed it into my "sewing room"....this is a sign that was custom made for me, and it hangs on the door that leads into the room...



starting from the left of the doorway, is this Vintage pink hamper that I use to store bits and pieces of leftover fabric in....you never know when you might need just a little piece of something to use in a pillow or stocking....



above the hamper hangs this Vintage cabinet, which I painted white, then added a bit of pretty Vintage Rose Wallpaper to it....it simply holds some sweet little treasures that I like to look at....



next to the cabinet is a beautiful painting done by Cindy Ellis....I bought this from a seller on Ebay....isn't is just gorgeous....I do like me some roses, lol :)



This is a cabinet purchased at Target, from the Rachel Ashwell Simply Shabby Chic line....it holds my finished items and other things like my sewing thread, Vintage items that I am selling, and on the top you will see a sweet little vintage cabinet that I painted white, and in the drawers it holds some of the jingle bells I use on my stockings, little charms, and also my little "Thank You" note cards that I include with every package I ship out....



Next up, is this fabulous Antique Victorian Bed....it had to stay in this room, but it was originally brown, but I told hubby, that if it's stayin' it's gettin' painted white! I think it looks Perfect ~ I've dressed it up with a Vintage Chenille bedspread, a pink rose quilt at the foot of the bed, and the 2 rosey pillows were created by me, with Vintage Rose barkcloth and trims....the bed serves as my "work table", so to speak.....



A vintage tray holding some sweet vintage treasures....just for looks :)....



Here's a close-up of the pillows....



There's a shelf on the wall next to the bed, that holds more pretties and Vintage treasures, including a fabulous Vintage pink rose hat, which I LOVE to collect....



Next to the bed is a sweet little round table that holds a Vintage crystal lamp, and I had topped it with another one of my Vintage rose hats...it has since been replaced with a refurbished lampshade that I created for it....



Doesn't it look so romantic all lit up :)



Another sweet shelf I painted up white, and it too holds some sweet pretties and Vintage treasures....I like to be surrounded with things that bring a smile to my face :).....



Yup, I still have this OLD sewing table that I use to do my sewing on....one day I hope to find just the right style and size table to take it's place...until then it works just fine....the sewing maching with the cover on it is used strictly for making ruffles, and the other machine does all the rest....you can see I had started working on a cute pillow (remember, these pic's were taken over 2 weeks ago....I STILL haven't finished that pillow, lol )



And here is the cabinet that holds all my fabrics....the pretty boxes on top hold all my laces, trims, flowers, etc....not shown in this picture, behind the door, is an old metal shelf that holds my radio, 'cuz I like to listen to 'tunes sometimes while I'm working, plus other things I had no room for, lol :) The wall to the left is where the closet is, and that is where I keep all my packaging supplies and such in, and out of sight....



I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my little space that I like to create in ~ Please be sure to check out all the other wonderful creative spaces, as there will be lots of wonderful ideas that you can incorporate and use in your own creative space :)

Until next time sweet friends :)

41 comments:

Eileen said...

What a great space! Everything is lovely. I adore the bed.

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely room! Love that cabinet with all the yards of pink fabric!!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Brenda,
Oh what a beautiful space...just gorgeous. I wish you could come and help me decorate my room in pinks...My FAVORITE photo was the lovely white shelving with all the fabrics and trims...that was my favorite ;) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
What a great space! perfect in all it's girls and victorian details!! Love That headboard, and what a great fabric stash:-))
Hugs,
Bella

Rebecca Nelson said...

Beautimous! Just like I knew it would be! LOVE IT! Blessings to talented you and thank you for all the inspiration!

xoRebecca

Marilyn said...

Wonderful space with so many inspiring things to work with when you are creating. ♥♫

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
Your work room looks just as I would have pictured. It's soft, romantic, pink and beautiful. I love it.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

Oh my.... This room is breath-taking!! I love the bed.....
I'm impressed!!
Marilyn

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Hi Brenda,
I'm getting a jump on the party (mine is going up around 10 p.m.) Anyway, I love your space, that lampshade is to die for! And I love the bed! I can see how you come up with such lovely things, working in such a lovely space! Love, Linda

Char said...

Brenda,
I think your work space is just as pretty as can be. I really love the hamper idea and might just have to use it. : ) I am always in need of a place to put the extras.
Love what you did with the bed. White is perfect for such a pretty piece.
Your space makes me smile and I have really enjoyed your share, Char

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Brenda!!
WOW!! What a beautiful place you have to create all of your lovely creations!!
I LOVE that bed!! Stunning!! And the cabinets with all of your pretties displayed are so charming!! Love that lamp shade and it looks fantastic lit up!! Great idea!!
I love how I am seeing everyone's fabric folded so nicely on shelves. I think I may have to borrow this idea!!
LOVED the tour of your beautiful room!!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!
And thanks so much for your visit and kind comments!!I bought the wall paper border on Ebay about 2 years ago...

Hugs,
Debbie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Gorgeous..A girl can never have to many roses!!!

Carol

Create With Joy said...

Brenda, between the gorgeous kitties, the luscious pinks, whites, and roses everywhere, and the fabulous bed and beautiful items you've surrounded yourself with - I think I'd like to move in with you for awhile! :-)

Thanks for sharing your creative space with us - it's gorgeous and peaceful and a wonderfully inspiring place to create!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfull studio you have, i love the romantic touch and all of you're beautiful items. Hope myn seems the same someday :)
Love from a Belgian crafter,
Sonja

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda! Everyting looked so prettie!! I love visiting your "sewing room" and especially liked looking at your stash of lovely rose fabrics! Thanks for sharing your lovely room and have a great weekend, dear friend! Much love n hugs, Maria B :)

blessings said...

Hi Brenda. How lucky that the bed had to stay in the room - It's such a gorgeous, stand-out piece. I LOVE it!! Beautiful room.

Blessings... Polly

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
Every inch of your creative space is gorgeous, well organized and simply beautiful. I love seeing the space where the gorgeous pillows I have from your collection started. You are so talented and your space is a dream. It must be so much fun to design in such a wonderful place.
I just love the bed too. Fabulous my friend.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words.
Have a wonderful weekend and happy creating.
XO Celestina Marie

Lily's Lace said...

OK, love the name of your blog, love your space but I adore your beautiful cats! I would be the crazy cat lady with 100 cats if I could! I'm the cat whisperer (sp?) It looks wonderful and I adore your assistants! :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a lovely space! Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Debbie Burkey said...

Beautiful room, so soft and pretty! So Victorian! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Brenda..I KNEW your "creative space" would be gorgeous!! Everything is so soft-looking. That bed is 2DIE4 as my grandgirls say....and the lamp
with the hat full of roses for a shade,and so pretty all lit up!! You have such a soft, old-fashion look to the room......in fact, could I go visit and sleep in that wonderful bed?? LOL
Love those beautiful cats, too!!!
Big hugs and love, Francy

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Oh how lovely. I love country and shabby chic home decor and accessories - especially when they are "pretty in pink." A delightful visit for "Where bloggers create" AND Pink Saturday :) Have a blessed week.

romance-of-roses said...

Oh how I love your space. I think that the bed makes this area look so romantic with the soft colors. It's been so much visiting everyone.
Hugs...Lu

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful place, with so much vintage goodness! I especially like the flower lamp, so pretty :) Thank you for sharing!

~Alli

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh wow I LOVE your beautiful space! Your colors are so soft and gorgeous and I love the shelves with the pretty fabrics. Heaven! I also enjoyed seeing all your darling felines in your sidebar. Thanks for sharing everything.
Cheers,
Holly

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie!!!
You know you are a rose girl as I..and your room is just a wonderful reflection of you! Love all your beautiful fun eye candy in your room...and love that bed!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us!
Lorena

Kit said...

Oh how very lovely! I love what you have done with the room. Isn't it great that when our little birds fly the nest, we come up with ways to re-use their space? Enjoy! Kit

Cheryl said...

Oh sooo pink and pretty so romantic! I love it.
Cheryl

HomemakerAng said...

Thank you for stopping by!

I LOVE YOUR CATS!!! Estelle and Annie! what kind are they?
xo

i have met so many new friends where bloggers create with My Desert Cottage

HomemakerAng
www.Angiepologie.com

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

That's a pink lover's dream room. What a great place for creating something wonderful.

kluless said...

So romantic! You have done a beautiful job decorating your space. Thank you for sharing.

Doni said...

Hi Brenda!
I love your room, it's so romantic. Especially love the painted headboard...I wish I dared paint the one I have, but it's a recent inheritance, and I just can't quite think about that yet, but it sure would look better if I did!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my room! Blessings, Doni

Claudia said...

You have such a pretty, pretty space! Thank so much for sharing it with us.

Tammy said...

It's a lucky guest who gets to stay in that room! It's beautiful! (My daughter has the same shabby chic bookcase from Target)
Thank you for the tour and for visiting my blog as well-come again!
Tamatha

Valery Klassen said...

Love the soft feminine pink room. This is simply beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing!

Terri said...

Pink-a-licious...Shabby Chic for sure!! Your talent has created a delightful space! TFS!!!

Donna said...

Very beautiful room! So soft and girly!!!

Karen Valentine said...

So sweet and romantic!! It's just beautiful! Thank you so much for joining the party ans sharing it with everyone!

Rita Barakat said...

SO many beautiful things to look at! Congrats on you pubication too- looking around at your blog it;s no wonder they called upon you for an article! Gorgeous!

Creative Grammie said...

Your creative space is adorably romantic! Thanks for sharing your studio and thanks for sharing your beautiful art.

Something Special said...

Your home is so lovely and quaint. I have always dreamed of living in a home like that with the big wrap around porch. Your creative space is enchanting and that big old bed that is painted white is truly shabby. I love it all. Thanks for the tour, and I will look for your follow spot and join up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails