Monday, May 10, 2010

A little Goodwill & Thrift Store finds

Well, here we are to another start of a new week :) Later today my oldest son and I are heading outside to work on finishing up with the mulch I've been puttin' off doing. But the first thing I did today was take a couple of packages to drop off at the Post office, then I headed off to my local Goodwill store. Really didn't find much that called out to me, but I did happen to see this cute Apothecary Jar you see below. Not quite sure yet what I will place inside of it. But you can be sure it will definitely be something pink :)



My next stop was to a nearby Thrift/resale store, and I found these 2 cute packets of Blank notecards. My favorite is the one with the cute little sleeping kitty :) I'll be using these as Thank you cards for all you sweet ladies who purchase my pretty pillows and such.




This last photo is a darling little hanging pillow that I will be listing on Ebay sometime later this afternoon or evening (depending on when I get that darn mulch done,lol) I really love the soft green color of this fabric.



Update: The mulch is all done, YEAH!! and the pillow is now listed on Ebay...you can click on the link in my sidebar to take you to my listings :)

Oh, I will be participating for the first time for Teacup Tuesday, so watch for that post. I'll be showcasing the teacup you see next to the pillow :)

11 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
I see you made it to the GW for some good stuff. Love the little apothocary jar and I can just imagine how gorgeous it will be when you get through with it!

Don't work too hard on that mulch.

Love that darlin pillow too. You make the most beautiful romantic pillows.

hugs
Sissie

stefanie said...

wow, great finds...lovn' your new pillow!!!

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETIE,
LOVE ALL YOUR NEW FOUND TREASURES,
AND THAT SWEET PILLOW IS SOOOOO ROMANTIC, YOU MAKE SUCH BEAUTIFUL PILLOWS.....AND DONT OVER DUE ON THE MULCHING TODAY!!BE SURE TAKE TIME AND SMELL THE SWEET ROSES MY DEAR FRIEND :)

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: So glad you are going to be a part of Tea Cup Tuesday. The link is up already for you. Looking forward to see what you are going to match with that stunning pillow. Blessings, Martha

Rebecca Nelson said...

Great find at GoodWill!!!!!

xoRebecca

Anonymous said...

that jar is a great find!
you could fill it with some of the many beautiful laces and trims that you always work with! that would be so pretty in your studio!

or...well, the possibilities are endlessssssssssssss!

ciao bella
creative carmelina was here!

Denise@alloverroses said...

Brenda, I love the pillow! The shade of green is so yummy! Don't work too hard!

Denise

Anonymous said...

WOW...All your pink things just make me want to swoon!! LOL!!
Love the rose note cards!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Wanda Lee said...

This is just so charming; what fabulous finds! ~ I especially love the apothecary jar!..,

I warmly invite you to partake with my 30th,Tuesday Tea For Two, and my 21st, 'Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee' blog tea parties at my blog,@ The Plumed Pen.., There is alo a little contest, so please feel most welcome to pop on over!

Cheers from Wanda Lee

Theresa said...

Such a romantic and lovely shade of green ~ Lovely post. So glad I stopped by. All my best, Theresa
MsartistSewCrafty drop by for tea if you have time!

Bab's Kitchen said...

i love your blog. Romantic style is my favorite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails