Monday, October 18, 2010

Lovely Pinks for Tea Tuesday

Welcome to another Tea Tuesday ladies! I missed doing it last week, as I had some painting to do, and have been super busy creating lots of pretty Christmas Stockings for my Etsy Shoppe. If you haven't taken a look, please be sure to do so, as I have pictures and links to each one listed over on my sidebar, and I have a special going on until October 31st, for every stocking purchased you will only pay $2.50 for U.S. Priority Mail shipping, with each additional stocking purchased paying only $1.00 more for shipping. Okay, now back to my Tea post, lol :)

Below is this week's vignette, all done with some pretty items in my favorite color...PINK!!



Here is a close-up of the items chosen for my little tea setting...



The teacup featured this week is a lovely cup done in shades of soft shabby pink and creamy white with sweet little pink roses..



How pretty are these roses...so sweet & delicate..



Love the swirls on the saucer...



Here is the stamp on the bottom of the saucer...



A couple of cookies made by me....yes, you read that correctly...I made them!! And they are YUMMY!! They are called "Kooky Cookies" that are made using a cake mix. You will find the recipe for them at the end of this post :) It's not my recipe, so I have no problems sharing it with ya, LOL :)



This is a Tea set that I found at Goodwill a couple of weeks or so ago, that was silver, or silver-plated...I painted them up with my favorite spray paint: Fairytale Pink by Krylon Fusion.



A lovely Vintage candlestick; I love the details on it!!



and lastly, a beautiful Vintage linen hanky with embroidered roses.



Well, that's it for this weeks Tea post...I want to thank everyone for stopping by and saying hello, and to ask that you be sure to stop by all the other ladies participating in all the wonderful Tea parties. Lots of pretty china cups and tea things go be seen...and drooled over :) Oh, and yummy food to wish you could savor!!

Below is a list of the Tea Parties that I love to participate it...Thank you ladies for hosting these wonderful parties!!

MARTHA and TERRI at TEACUP TUESDAY

WANDA LEE and PAM at TEA POT AND TEA THINGS TUESDAYS

LADY KATHERINE at LADY KATHERINE'S TEA PARLOR

SANDI at TEA TIME TUESDAY

Now, as promised, here is the recipe for the cookies:

KOOKY COOKIES

1 package cake mix (any flavor)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
2 eggs
1 cup or more chocolate chips (can also use mini m&m's, etc..)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; In bowl mix all ingredients; place mixture by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet; place in oven for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen, depending on size of cookies you make.

25 comments:

Mari said...

HELLO SWEETIE,

I JUST LOVE YOUR TEA CUP POST!!! THERE ALWAYS FULL WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL ITEMS :) AND I JUST LOVE YOUR SWEET VIGNETTES :)

HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

Anonymous said...

OH YES....I'LL BE RIGHT OVER...THIS SPREAD IS SO LOVELY...YOU ALWAYS TANTALIZE MY DEAR! ALWAYS....

THANKS FOR SHARING...SUCH A PRETTY TEA CUP WITH ALL OF US!

CIAO BELLA

CREATIVE CARMELINA

stefanie said...

oh, everything is gorgeous!!!!

Trisha said...

So beautiful! I love the sweet little teacup and saucer and I am going to have to find a silver tea set to paint like that. I will also have to try that recipe because it seems so easy and looks so yummy! Have a fantastic week!

~Trisha

xinex said...

What a beautiful tea table! It is so dainty and delicate....Christine

Beth said...

Oh, my Brenda! How lovely! Your second photo takes my breath away. Definitely magazine-worthy. Your pinks ae stunning. What a pretty tea. Thanks for having me. I'll have another cookie if I do say so myself...
blessings, Beth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
What a scrumptious tea post you have for us today! LOVE the pink! Your teacup is so sweet and dainty with those lovely little posies and the swirl design. I am lovin your pink tea set! I would like to find a silver tea set so I could spray it pink! I love the pretty bed jacket in the background too! Everything is so lovingly displayed and has made for a very lovely tea vignette. Thank you for having me for tea. It's been a real treat to be here. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

Wonderful pink! Beautiful linens. I loved how you took your Fairytale Pink by Krylon to the tea set! Well done!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Brenda,

Wow, that teacup looks like you can wrap both hands around and really warm up to it!

Lovely display. Thanks for sharing this.

Sunny greetings from Georgia/USA

MariettesBacktoBasics

Home and Heart said...

SO pretty, and an easy yummy recipe! (I have a couple of giveaways going on, if your interested!)

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there Brenda!

This is just so pink-a-licious and lovely!.., I love each and every exquisite detail!

Thanks so much for joining Pam and I for tea once again this week dear Brenda!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

Gee said...

Hi Brenda,

Wonderful setting as always. I always excited to be here. Thanks for sharing.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Brenda,
this is a charming tea table with all you need to be happy. The cookies look scrumptious and the tea set is very cute. I love roses and enjoyed your design very much.
Greetings, Johanna

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Oh gosh Brenda, that is the teacup that I"ve been searching one for myself! you luck duck! How I envy you! teehee!.. I love that pink teacup and your tea setting just lovely! thanks for sharing and have a great day!
xo
fitty

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I love all of your pink! I am still thinking about painting my silver...I love the color that you used! Do you prime first? Anyway, very pretty vignette!~Hugs, Patti

paperbutterfly said...

Missed your presence last week.
I have thought of painting an old teapot and now that I see how well yours turned out I think I will do it too. Maybe not pink, so yours is unique to you.
I will drop by your shoppe.
Blessings, Pam

Marie said...

Hi Brenda - Love all the pink colors...love the pink tea set of course and the shape of that saucer. Very charming!!!

Happy Tea Tuesday!
-marie

Barb said...

Hi Brenda, just totally lovely. Everything is so graceful and beautiful. The coffee pot and sugar and creamer is dreamy!!!!

Lovely.

Barb ♥

Terri said...

Your tea cup is so romantic and pretty, as is the tea pot! So lovely.
Thank you so much for sharing with us. Hugs,
Terri

Pellie / Penny said...

Be still my beating heart. I just adore your teacup. The pink color and roses are lovely.

Your tea set is lovely too and painted just the right shade of pink.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs,
Penny

Alycia Nichols said...

Sheer genius to paint the set like that!!!! GENIUS!!! I LIKE it!!! Of course, pink is my very favorite color, and this is such a pretty setting altogether. That cup is amazing with the rosebuds all around on the inside rim!!! Fabulous!

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

What a gorgeous cup, I love the band of roses inside the rim...I will also be looking at silver tea sets very differently from now on...I LOVE what you did painting it pink.

Thank you for stopping by for tea with me and my toys.

Blessings to you
Kelsie

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda!!!
Such a lovely tea cup! I love the shape of that saucer it is so pretty! Love your vinette and goodies too!

Happy TEA!
Lorena

Jacoba said...

Hi Brenda,
How extraordinary that you sprayed those silver goodies pink. They look wonderful. I myself would never have the courage to do such a thing, but maybe you have inspired me ;-)
Happy day!
Jacoba

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say hello and to add what a beautiful blog you have so full of prettyness. I tryed to follow you but it wouldn't let me so i will pop back again. Love all your tea cups. Take care Dee ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails