Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My newly painted wall cabinet/shelf & couple of xmas stockings

Good morning ladies! Well, here she is, my newly painted cabinet/shelf that I bought at Goodwill last week Thursday...sorry there aren't any before pics; it used to be a weird purple color! But look at her now!! Isn't she great! I painted it my favorite Linen White. This is what I have displayed in it for now, I'm still kinda playing around with what plates I want to display in it.




I love how it has the beadboard for the back, gives it a nice cottage feel, don't ya think :)



It isn't very deep, only 3 1/2", but just right for dispaying some pretty plates in...I had hubby put plate grooves in it for me.



Besides painting, I've also been working on some pretty new Christmas Stockings for my Etsy shoppe, and they have been selling like hotcakes! This one below I just listed this morning, and she is sold already to a really sweet lady who's purchased several from me....Thank you Miss C!!



This lovely stocking is still available if you are interested...love the pretty Vintage Linen chosen for it with the pink embroidery and appliqued pink and yellow roses...



Well, that's all for now....I'm off to do some more sewing and hopefully finish painting the cute little mini 6 drawer cabinet I got for my sewing room, which again, I found at Goodwill :)

Wishing you a wonderful day, and rest of your week ladies!! Warmest hugs, Brenda

14 comments:

Unknown said...

G'morn Brenda ~ What a beautiful all cabinet, but I love even more the dishes you have on it ... they are gorgeous.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!
I WANT IT! THAT WALL SHELF IS PERFECT!
I'M ALWAYS ON THE LOOKOUT AT THRIFT STORES AND YARD SALES FOR STUFF LIKE THAT...A COAT OF WHITE PAINT..AND VOILA! A WONDERFUL NEW ADDITION TO A PRETTY HOME!

I LOVE YOUR TASTE IN PLATES, FLORALS, PRETTY HOME DECOR...AND YOUR SEWING IS ALWAYS RIGHT ON THE MARK!

WELL DONE!

CIAO BELLA

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Brenda, I love it! It is perfect for displaying your pretties. You have done a lovely job of it. And I love your Christmas stockings! I can see why they are selling so quickly! Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Patti said...

The shelf is beautiful, Brenda. You did a fabulous job...but then, you always do. Can't wait to see the makeover of the mini cabinet.

Your stockings are beautiful too. You do such lovely work.

By the way, how is football season going? I don't think you've updated us in awhile...if you have, I missed that post.

Blessings and hugs,
Patti

Home and Heart said...

You never cease to amaze me! Everything you make and decorate screams feminine! So lovely!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
I have been trying to get over here to visit you and I'm so glad that I did. Your plate shelf is beautiful and the plates on display are too!

I just love your stockings and no wonder they sell so fast.

hugs
Sissie

PeggyR said...

Love the shelf and what you have on it! Also your Christmas items!

Char said...

Brenda, your shelf is just perfect and I love the vignette, great job, Char

Mari said...

HELLO BRENDA....

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE YOUR NEW WALL SHELF!!! IT LOOKS GREAT WITH YOUR COLLECTION Of BEAUTIFUL ROSE PLATES :)
ALSO LOVE YOUR NEW X~MAS STOCKINGS, JUST BEAUTIFUL SWEETIE!!

XOX~MARI

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hi Brenda!
Love that wall cupboard and the plates you have on it. It's always fun playing around with things to display isn't it! Love your stockings too...very nice indeed! I hope you're enjoying a sunny Wednesday. Maura :)

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

That's a really pretty shelf! I love how you painted it and dressed it up with the china!~Hugs, Patti

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Brenda,

You are the busiest of bees with very productive pretties!

Sunny greetings from Georgia,

MariettesBacktoBasics

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Brenda, I just love your shelf! Just perfect for displaying pretty plates.. and we can never have too many over those! Your stockings are so delightful, no wonder you have sold one already! I haven't even started to think about xmas..not sure if I'll have time to this year! take care, Maryann

Victorian1885 said...

Good evening Brenda
Your new painted plate shelf is perfect! Can't wait to see your other project. Your stockings are lovely too!
Hugs,
Wanda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails