Monday, March 19, 2012

Antique Shopping Treasures

Saturday, hubby & I went and did some antique shopping over toward the southeast area of Michigan, at a couple of towns called Howell and Williamston. Each has a fantastic Antique mall that I just love to go to!

First stop was the Livingston Antique Outlet in Howell. I was on a mission to find an antique mirror for our main bathroom, as well as a cabinet to use for our "medicine cabinet", to replace the one we currently have...which is fine, it's from the Rachel Ashwell Simply Shabby Chic line....I'm just wanting something old/antique, with a little bit of a French feel to it. I was only a quarter of the way thru this mall when I spied this wonderful Antique mirror....and it was the PERFECT size that I was looking for! It was originally a brownish/gold color, but yesterday I went to work and gave it it's makeover ~ first priming it, then painting it Linen White........



A close-up of the details on the top....



and it has these wonderful carved roses scattered around the frame! Doesn't get much better than that, right ladies :)



Now, I've been wanting to get an antique crystal chandelier for quite some time, but it wasn't on my list of what I planned to buy....however.....only a short time after finding the mirror, I came upon a booth selling this one! I stood there looking at it for a while until hubby caught up with me.....I told him "I'm in love!". Well, needless to say, it came home with us! It had just about all it's prisms, and still had the chain of small glass prisms at the top, but the bottom chain was missing most of it.....no problem....we found a booth near the end of our visit at this mall with 10 prisms for sale, so when we got home later that afternoon, I placed those prisms in the holes that the chain would have hooked into, and I think it all worked out perfectly :)



What I love even more about this chandy is that it came with a long chain and cord to plug it into the wall, instead of hard-wiring to the ceiling! So, I made this cord cover for it, and we hung it in one of the corners of our living room...



Here it is all lit up!! Isn't she just beautiful....yup, I am still in love with this chandelier :)



Sadly, I didn't find anything at the second place, which was the Antiques Market of Williamston, in Williamston. I did find a cabinet that may have worked for our "medicine cabinet", but they were asking way too much money for it, and it needed to have it's doors re-worked as they didn't shut properly. Oh well, I am sure that one day I will find just the right cabinet.....until then I will just have to use Miss RA's cabinet :) Now we just need to pick up our new floor tiles for the bathroom, which I think I will have hubby do one day after work this week, and get a paint color picked out....then we can start getting to work on re-doing our main bath! Can't wait!!

Joining Kathleen over at Faded Charm, for WHITE WEDNESDAY

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!! It's going to be nice and warm again here in Michigan, and I am LOVING it!!!

Until next time sweet friends!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahemmmmm ... You are not the only one "In Love"!! The chandelier & mirror are both eye-candy!! Good for you....
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

theromanticrose said...

Hai ottimi gusti shabby-romantici.Bello lo specchio e il lampadario!Aspetto di vedere il bagno che sarà bellissimo come il resto della tua casa!Baci,Rosetta

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I was excited to see what you found this weekend--and you did not disappoint! I LOVE both the mirror and the chandelier. They are both gorgeous! Lucky you! :)

Barb said...

Hi Brenda,

I love them both but the mirror has me drooling. Lovely!

Barb

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I gasped at the mirror it is gorgeous...Nope it does not get any better and a chandelier with a plug in cord, that was a great find. Sounds like you had a great day!

Carol

Rebecca Nelson said...

Must be on the same MIRROR wave-length! LOVE YOURS!

xoRebecca

Janae said...

Wow both finds are so gorgeous!!! Lucky you!!

Sherry Hicks said...

what beautiful finds!! Love it thanks for sharing
Sherry

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
Love your new finds. That mirror is gorgeous and has beautiful details. I'm in love too with your chandy and to be a plug in~~ simply divine.
Happy Spring and Happy Creating.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda!

Love the mirror and chandy! I love to go antique shopping too! Your grandson is so cute, and getting big. Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Debbie

ShabbyESP said...

Love the chandy and the mirror...what great finds!!!!
They look beautiful and the chandy is amazing in the corner of your living room
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Anonymous said...

shopping on cl is so smart, i just got a coast decor designer couch 7 feet long, never used, with tags, for 150! it was still covered in the original plastic. just off the designer showroom floor.The people lost their house, sad but it fits my beach cottage perfect and makes me happy. CL is amazing. nice blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails