Sunday, March 25, 2012

Have I told you lately that I LOVE Craigslist?

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend :) We're suppose to have some cooler temps this week here in Michigan, and a couple of nights we could get some frost, yikes! We've got some of our flowers & plants starting to come up because of all this unseasonable warm weather here. I hope they do okay.

This morning shortly after getting up, I went on my computer, as I usually do every morning, and went to Craigslist, as I always look for either an Ikea or Pottery Barn sofa listed. As many of you know, I had purchased an Ikea Erktop chair recently from this site, and have been on the hunt for a sofa. Well, guess what I found listed when I typed in "Pottery Barn", under furniture? Yup, a Pottery Barn Basic Sofa!! Yippee!!! And it get's even better ladies.....they were asking $250 or best offer!! What??? I told hubby about it, and then made the call to the number that they had listed, and they still had it, and we got it for just $200! SCORE!! I am so thrilled to finally have this sofa!! The cover to it is a light tan, which is okay, and I can live with it for a little while, but I plan to purchase a white one to replace it.....Looks good in our living room :) I did wash all the covers and hung them outside to dry, then put it all back together. I do have a question for any of you that might know....As the Ikea Erktop sofa and Pottery Barn Basic Sofa are basically the same, would an Ikea Erktop sofa slipcover fit a Pottery Barn Basic Sofa? I have heard that they would, but need your imput on this. I know that you can purchase the Ikea slipcover on Ebay for a very reasonable amount, compared to the PB slipcover.



Our Daughter and SIL purchased a seat for the back of their bike, so that they could take Seth with them on Bike rides, and I just had to show you "Mr. Man" sitting in it, with his cool shades on :) He is just soooooo cute!



Until next time sweet friends!!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! What a score on your sofa! I can never find anything on Craig's list in our area.

Holly Loves Art said...

What a great find! I've found great things on Craigslist too! Two of my favorite pieces in my studio were found through CL. Love your new sofa!
Enjoy!
Holly

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Lucky you! I got my Ikea Ethrop sofa for $35 on Craigs list. I love it. Craigslist is awesome!

Heirloom treasures said...

Love the sofa,and the colour. Your little man is so cool.
x jeaentteann

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda!

Wow, a big score for you! I have been looking for a dining room set for yrs. One I can paint. Nothing.... I will just keep looking. You little guy is so cute! Really getting big!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Brenda,
Oh your little guy is darling. He has grown so much!!
Well I have so enjoyed reading this post as I have been on the hunt for a slipcover for my loveseat in my new lots of creamy white living room. I have been hunting ebay for a slipcover and just not sure if the two will fit either one. I may go to IKEA and look in person. If not, I may try and make it myself, but that may have to be in my sleep. Not enough hours in the day.
Your room looks gorgeous and I love this sofa.

Thank you for stopping by and entering my giveaway. Good Luck y friend.
The towel is gorgeous in my guest bath. I love it.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Janae said...

I don't know if it would fit or not but it sure does look like it would, I have an Ikea ektorp and it looks like the exact same sofa to me! I didn't know about the pottery barn one. It sure does looks good in the cover it came with though =]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails