Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Some Goodwill Treasures & Some Makeovers

If you saw my Teacup Tuesday post, then you saw the sweet little teacup & saucer that I featured, which I found at Goodwill on Monday. I also found a few other sweet little treasures, and below you will see them, as well as a picture of the makeover's that I gave to 3 of those Goodwill items, plus 2 items that I found at garage sales a couple of weekends ago.

This first picture is of the Teacup, plus 5 matching saucers. I wish they had their matching cups, but this is all there was. I know I will eventually find uses for the other 4, or simply display them with my other vintage china pieces.



Next up, are these lovely pair of Candle holders. I love the shape of them, but not so much the color....they've been given their makeover, which you will see a few photo's below.



This sweet little frame...love the little details on this, and will be cute to put into a sweet vignette.



This darling Birdcage....don't think this is vintage, but I just couldn't pass this up....it too has been given it's makeover below :)



And, finally, this sweet soft pink skirt, with all the lovely crochet trim...so flirty! Can you guess what I will be doing with this ?.....................I'll be transforming it to fit a lampshade of course! I'll be adding some pretty pink ribbons and roses....now I just need to find the right size shade for it to fit over:) Stay tuned for this makeover ladies!



Tah Dah! Here are some of the things that I have painted and transformed. I've still got some more things to do with a couple of these items, like the birdcage, but don't they look so shabbylicious!



Gotta show you one of my newly completed pillows...recognize this Image? It's the one I use for my blog Image :) This pillow is available for purchase if anyone out here is interested in her. Just email me (you can find my email link in my Profile page) The body is made with a gorgeous Vintage pink Damask fabric, with another vintage print used for the sweet ruffle...accented with vintage lace and Mother of Pearl Buttons too! She's a beauty !



And here is a sneek peek at one of the 2 pillows I am now currently working on. This is such a lovely Image.



Don't forget about my Giveaway ladies! It ends on July 30th, and the winner will be chosen from one of the comments left on that post, which you can go to HERE. If you are a follower, leave a comment, If you are a new follower, leave a comment, If you post about it, Leave a comment, If you put the giveaway button on your sidebar, leave a comment. Get the idea ? Just leave a comment :)

18 comments:

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Brenda...Oh I love those dishes. There's a website I found where you might be able to find replacements, if you want to have a complete set. This is the URL...
http://www.replacements.com/index.htm

I just happened upon that website as I've been researching some of the various companies that make the teacups and things that I own. Since I don't know a lot ..and I found this site has replacements for just about any pattern out there...
Oh, the rosebuds on those dishes match the rosebuds on my teacup from last Tuesday :) :) :) :) so cute!!! Love the pillows. I hope you sell a lot of them. They're beautiful!!!!
Love and hugs, Heather :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

OH I knew I was forgetting something...I've been doing that a LOT today... I have a birdcage with no bottom on it...well, I think it was for decoration..I bought at a yard sale for $0.25..somewhere in my blog history you can find a photo of it. So I think I may paint it. What sort of paint did you use? I need to do something with it, because it's just sitting on my table.
Also please post a picture when you make that lampshade out of that cute pink skirt. I have a lamp that a friend gave me...but the shade doesn't cover the lightbulb...and I need to do something. I don't want to give/throw it away...because it still works great. ..but I don't use it..because the lightbulb hurts my eyes.!!! Can't wait to see how the projects turn out!!! Love and hugs, Heather :) :) :)

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

I do believe those are the same teacups that are on my candle chandelier.... I'm going to check it out later. In fact you have a few things that are similar with what I have too. See It wouldn't be good for us to go shopping together not if we have the same liking for the same things. I'm looking forward seeing the lampshade made from that pretty skirt... Just the right shade of pink too.

As always your pillows always turn out so nice Bremda.

Seventeen years before getting an air conditioner, that's Sad. hehehe

Until next time... Big Hugs going your way*

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You found some real treasures at GW.
I really like the birdcage and those candle sticks redos.

Lovely pillows too.

hugs
Sissie

Rebecca Nelson said...

YOU LUCKY DOGGIE YOU! I want that cuppa! :( I find neat stuff but NOT LIKE THAT!

xoRebecca

Victorian1885 said...

Great new finds Brenda.. You do such a great redo on them as well! Your new pillows are great! ; ) Have a goode evening.

Wanda

Vicki said...

Hi, Brenda,
You always have so much beautiful eye candy. Always a pleasure to visit you! I want to go shopping at your Goodwill!! Wonderful treasures! I loved the teacup and Limoges tea pot you featured for Teacup Tuesday. Sending love and hugs to you~ Vicki

Unknown said...

Love your finds!! I like seeing the makeovers too :)

Barbara Jean said...

ooh. Everything is sooo beautiful!!

Off to see more.

blessings

barbara jean

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, I like your blog!
Thank you for sharing!
Please come by and check out
my new blog at:
www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com
Have a good night!
Leticia

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Brenda.. Shabby Fabulous!! You have some great finds! Mine are piling up I seem to be getting less and less done:-) I can't wait to see the lampshade out of tht skirt!
Bella

Susan said...

Wow! Shabby goodness!! You did wonderful transformations on all your finds!

Barb said...

Brenda, such great finds!

Your pillows are simply delicious!

Hugs, Barb ♥

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda,

Oh what great finds, and they came out most shabbalicious! Love the image on the new pillow you are making. I will have to come and see when she is finished!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

You found some really beautiful things at GW. I love it all...Kathy

Anonymous said...

Very nice treasures, made more beautiful.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very nice and I like the makeovers and the vignette you made in your Tea post. Lovely.
Deb :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails