Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some Goodwill Treasures

Hi Everyone, thought I would share with you some things that I found at my local Goodwill last week. I forgot to take some before pics of some of the items that I got, so you will be seeing them already painted. What I found are a vintage picture frame, mini Lefton pitcher & bowl, white mug, 4-tier tabletop plate stand, Apothocary jar, and a Christmas hanging thingy :)



This is the mini Lefton pitcher & bowl. It has a sweet little cherub on it, and I just realized you can't see it very well in this pic :(



This is an up-close picture of the frame...love the detail on it.



And check out this sweet mug...love the raised design....I actually have a sugar bowl that I found at a yard sale a while back that matches this mug!



Of course, this is the Apothocary jar....not sure yet what I want to put into it....



And here is the 4 tier plate rack..as you can see I already have some pretty vintage plates displayed in it :)....also shown in this picture is the Christmas hanging "thingy" :) It did have a tag on it that said it was a "Christmas item", and I will be hanging one of my sweet ornaments I have of Rebecca's of A Gathering Place on it for Christmas....but until then I will find some other sweet pretty thing to hang from it :)



I just LOVE going and checking out my local Goodwill stores...most of the time I come home with some sweet treasures, but there are times when I leave empty-handed...which can really bumm me out! Now go out and check your local Goodwill and Thrift stores...there might be something there waiting for you to find :)

22 comments:

Jill said...

What lovely finds! I enjoy looking at my local thrift stores as well. Many times I have found treasures. :-) Love the plate rack, and the plates you have displayed! Enjoy!
Blessings, Jill

Mari said...

HELLO SWEET FRIEND,

WOW!! YOU ALWAYS FIND THE BEST ITEMS AT YOUR LOCAL GOOD WILL...LOL I HAVE TO GO SHOPPING WITH YOU :)
THANKS FOR ALWAYS SHARING YOUR BEAUTIES WITH US :)

HUGS TO YOU SWEET BLOGGY FRIEND~XOX~MARI

Anonymous said...

What a haul!!
The jar needs colorful candy of the season or cotton balls for the bathroom!!
Love,
Marilyn

Susan said...

I love all your finds!! Especially the lefton china!!

Connie said...

I'd have snatched up that plate holder in a heart beat also, Miss Olivia! Love that one.
xoxo,
Connie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Great finds! Love the Christmas thingy...I'd say it would be great for a wreath too.

hugs
Sissie

Patti said...

How funny...I posted today about Goodwill as well. (Only I didn't post photos of yesterday's finds because my son is the one who takes my photos for me...I don't have a camera, and I don't know how to use his. And he wasn't available to take the photos)

Anyhow, I LOVE that plate holder. It's beautiful.

I agree with you, on those days when you look high and low and can't find a thing, it is definitely a bummer.

Anyhow, ALL your finds are great, but I'm in love with the plate holder...of course, I LOVE plates, so that makes sense.

Have a wonderful evening.

Hugs,
Patti

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Brenda; OH I just love all your GW finds,,, how lucky... I have not been to ours in some time,,, so I think I had better go take a peek,,might just get lucky too.. have fun with them..

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

Love, love Goodwill. I am planning to go soon.
Lovely finds, Brenda!

Victoria said...

You found some gorgeous treasures there!!! I haven't been to GW in quite a while, it's hit or miss...sometimes junk and other times lots of treasures:)

Victorian1885 said...

Good treasure hunting Brenda! I have the same hanger & have a small pink wreath hanging on it year round! You white mug is lovely too! Take care..

hugs,
Wanda

Char said...

Brenda, you must have the best GW around. I never find such wonderful things at mine. Way to go. Char

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Did you get any rain today? The dark clouds came over us from your direction and finally the heavens opened up and it POURED!!! Then, it was really muggy! Thank heavens for the air conditioner as I truly don't think I would make it. The heat just wilts me so much I have no energy and have none of my usual zip!

I warn you, I am coming your way...you find the most amazing treasures. Down this way is pitiful. Maybe it is because we are too close to Detroit and it is so depressed....anyway, I am jealous!!! It is all wonderful and I love that ornament hanger!!
Hugs,
Jil

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Great finds! I love that plate rack!

Wish I could find such goodies at our Goodwill.

Deborah in NC

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Brenda...

Amen, sister friend to the Goodwill, thrift stores, yard sales etc.. My poor dad..now anytime we see a yardsale sign on Fridays he says "No, we gotta go home " and he starts laughing. I found some great things at Goodwill and St. Vincent de Paul last week. You found some fantastic things :) :) :) :) Okay, I had to laugh the way you described the Christmas hanging thingy :) :) :) That was cute. I'm wondering if it was to hang a Christmas wreath or something like that? I've seen similar ones that are much taller!!!! Have a great rest of the week.

Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Vicki said...

Seeing your pretty finds makes me want to head out for my local thrift stores for sure. I would love to find something similar to that charming plate stand. I hope you are having the best of weeks, sweet friend. Love and blessings to you~ Vicki

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda,

You have found some great treasures. Love the plate stand, and the little bowl and pitcher.

Debbie

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda,

You have found some great treasures. Love the plate stand, and the little bowl and pitcher.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Lucky duck!! I love everything you found! I really like the plate stand, thanks for posting!
Blessings,
Charmaine

Concetta said...

I love all your treasures!!! I use apothecary jars of different sizes in my bathroom - I fill them with swabs, cotton balls, bath salts etc... I love your blog!
<>< Concetta

Biljana said...

Hi Brenda!
Such lovely things, gorgeous:)))
Hugs, Biljana

Olivia said...

Oh my sweets, I just love it...well, you know me anything white with shabbiness makes me swoon.
Hugs,
Olivia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails