Thursday, February 17, 2011

Goodwill Treasures for Me

Hello again everyone! I just got back home a few moments ago from doing the weekly grocery shopping, and of course, stopping at one of my local Goodwill stores. I found 3 wonderful items that were just begging for me to take them home with me, lol :) Below is a photo of those 3 fabulous items...



First up is this fabulous vintage mirror ~ the frame is made of a VERY heavy metal, and love the details on it. Even though it is already painted white, it does need to be spruced up, which I will do when more spring-like weather gets here in Michigan.


Below is a close-up of the details of the frame....this cost just $3.00!


Next up is this lampshade....love the shape of it, and am looking forward to giving it a make-over with some pretty fabric & trims...cost of the shade was also $3.00...


And lastly is this wonderful Vintage filigree picture frame...this will be painted white like the others frames I have in this style...what I love most about these filigree frames is that they remind me of pretty lace...the cost..$1.00


My youngest son, Austin, who will be 16 in May, is a very "happy camper" so to speak, as we were able to find a car that he loves and wanted to buy...it's a 1988 Camaro Convertible...the entire outside of the car has been redone and given a custom paint job (done in Iroc Blue); new convertible top; has a 350 engine with a 4-barrel holly carberator (it sounds sweet!!), new tires and sporty rims. This car is SMOKIN' hot! When the weather is nice I will take some pictures of it for you all to drool over, lol :) And since Austin doesn't have his license yet, that means I will be able to drive it too, WOO HOO!! I've been joking around with him, telling him I'm going to go Bah Hahing around with it....he's not liking that, lol :) Right now it's sitting in our Pole Barn, until the winter weather it done with.

Well ladies, time for me to get busy and get some house work done; got some laundry calling my name...oh how I wish it would just shut up, LOL :) So until next time :) Hope everyone has a terrific upcoming weekend!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda :) I love that mirror!! I think it looks perfect just like it is :) Your son is so lucky, that car brings back good memories. One of my best friends in school had one. Sooo much fun!!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Amy

Scarlett said...

Hi, Fabulous finds, I adore that mirror, I would have snapped that up too if i saw it! Scarlett x

Blessings from Cindy said...

Brenda~
Love your treasures! I'm headed to our Goodwill, among other thrift stores this afternoon, but ours is very overpriced so the hunt is a little harder than usual for a good deal. I need to post some pics of my recent finds...sounds like a new post is coming! Your mirror is my fav!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of you in the car. Hot comes to mind!!! How fun that you get to 'break it in' for your son!

Love your treasures that you found today. MUCH better than that noisy laundry!

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Jan

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the mirror! Great finds - lucky shopping trip!
Liz

Mari said...

HELLO BRENDA~WOW!!! THAT MIRROR IS FABULOUS!! BUT I LOVE THE FRAME ITS GORGEOUS :).....CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW YOUR LAMP SHADE WILL TURN OUT!!! HA!! I BET IT WILL BE JUST BEAUTIFUL :)

XO~MARI

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Brenda, what great finds! I love the mirror and I agree with Bunny Rose Cottage, I would probably leave the chippy paint as is and just give it a good clean. I can NEVER EVER pass up a shade..lol! and the pretty frame is just so cute. Your son sounds like my son and hubby actually, there all into done up cars..oh well I suppose they have to have their passion too! thanks for entering my giveaway and posting my button on your sidebar. Good luck, take care, Maryann

Lori Lynn said...

LOVE the lampshade! I have a 'thing' for them, and now I have more shades than lamps! LOL! Maybe I can frou-frou some up and sell them!!
*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* Lori Lynn *

Terra said...

Beautiful frame on that mirror and such a small price. Your son's car does sound smokin' hot.
I am giving away a copy of an upbeat book about simplifying your life, to one commenter on my blog; your visit is welcome.

Anonymous said...

Great finds! It's always a thrill!
1988?? I remember when that was new....sigh...

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, I love it when I find thrift store/yard sale finds "begging" for me to take them home :) :) That happens quite a bit in my house ;) :) Your items are fabulous. That mirror is really cute and I'd love to have something like that in my home. What a great find!!! I can't wait to see what the mirror and lamp shade look like o nce your done with the "sprucing" :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Sharon said...

I love your Goodwill finds!
The mirror is beautiful!

Donnie said...

Great finds but my hubby is drooling over that Camaro Convertible. He said to make sure you put pics up when you can. I think he's a car guy.

Susan said...

The mirror is gorgeous!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Brenda...these are amazing finds...so awesome!!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have never seen a white mirror tray like that one...$3 what a find!

Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails