Friday, February 25, 2011

My Mannequin's New Romantic Makeover

Good evening everyone! I don't know about the rest of you, but I am soooo glad that the weekend is finally here!! I can sleep in tomorrow, Whoot, Whoot!!

Many of you know Janet, of Shabbyfufu, she creates the most beautifully decorated Mannequins, and I've always loved them....well, today I decided to create that same look with my manny, and incorporate some of the elements that she uses to create the look of her manny's. I think she turned out really well, and I am pleased with how she now looks :)

Below is the photo of how my manny looked, which most of you have seen her before in a past post I have done of her...



And here she is now! Isn't she GORGEOUS!!



First, of course, I removed the vintage Gunne Sax dress that she was wearing (which is now hanging from a pegged shelf in our bedroom)...she already was designed with the pretty pink rose fabric for her body, and so no changes needed to be done with that...I applied lots of Vintage millinery roses and some newer roses too...I placed a vintage rose covered hat at the top, which works quite nicely, and the 2 Vintage Rhinestone pins were also placed on her, which she had been wearing on her previous outfit...



Around her waist I added this lovely vintage ruched trim in the palest of pinks, and simply tied it off in the back..


And this is a Vintage Crinoline skirt that is so full and flirty, and in the perfect romantic shade of pink! I won this skirt over on Ebay, and it arrived today, and of course, as soon as I opened the package I got right into doing her transformation, lol :)



So, what do you think of her new look? I'd say she's really stylin' :) I want to give a big THANK YOU to Janet for creating such beauties, and for inspiring all of us to bring a touch of romance into our homes.

It's getting kinda late here, and about time for me to "hit the hay", so I will wish all my bloggie friends a wonderful weekend!! Until next time!! :)

23 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh she is beautiful! I love the crinoline!

Carol

Mari said...

HELLO BRENDA~OMG!!! SHE TURNED OUT MAGNIFICENT LOVE HER FLUFFY PINK SKIRT AND ALL THOSE GORGEOUS ROSES!!! GREAT JOB MY FRIEND :) I JUST KNOW YOU WILL HAVE SWEET DREAMS AFTER CREATING SUCH A BEAUTY....LOL!!

XO~MARI

Terra said...

Both looks are darling, so pink and feminine.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh she is gorgeous!!! I'd love to have a manequinn... one of these days maybe.

Anonymous said...

Oh my she is beautiful in deed!! Would love to have one of these charming mannequins in my home!

bee blessed
mary

mariondee-designs said...

She looks simply divine! That vintage skirt is so pretty! I would love to have a manny too, might even put my 22yr old wedding dress on it! take care, Maryann

Susan said...

Your manny is marvelous! Susan

Pink Princess said...

She is SO pretty, love the pink skirt (I would wear it in a heartbeat lol) and the roses ♥♥♥

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Brenda,
She is absolutely beautiful. I especially love all the flowers around her neck.

hugs
Sissie

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Hi Brenda, Beautiful! that detail. Looks so delicately pink! Greetings, Rose Marie

Unknown said...

Sooooo yummy gorgeous!!! LOVE :)
Hugs,
Amy

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Your manny is so pretty! She is a vision in vintage pink loveliness!~Hugs, Patti

Anonymous said...

Oh-la-la....she is just georgeous! I'm a pink fan, and your manny is perfection indeed! Wonder what happened to all those wonderful crinoline slips?
What a great post and now I'll have a smile on my face all day!
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs
Jan

Terri Gordon said...

Hello, OMG, she is beautiful. You did such a beautiful transformation. I love her. I might try that on mine. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend. Terri

French Charmed ~ Chelle said...

Bonjour! I love her new look. Tres Chic! Just found you via Mariette's Back To Basics. You have a very pretty blog, and lovely pillows! I'll hop back soon ~ Au Revoir, Chelle

Carol said...

Olá!! She is like a dream... a beautiful dream! congratilations!!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Brenda!

Oh what a beautiful makeover!! She looks MA-valous daling!! I am looking for a manny. Haven't found an affordable one yet though. Love the slip!!

Hugs,
Debbie from NJ

Pinkim said...

So lovely!! I am new here I found you on pink Saturday...a few days late...I am now a new follower...Pinkim! TrulySimplyPink

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go ahead and say it....

and I'm gonna say it all in one word....


YUMMALICIOUS!

thanks for sharing!

ciao bella

Creative CArmelina

EFT Tapping said...

It looks so stunning and oh-so gorgeous!

Anxiety Self Help said...

You're mannequin looks smashing with that lovely dress!

Margo said...

Oh My she looks Stunning!! Well done! I just got my first mannequin...it's a thrill! I just found your blog via...oh, I can't remember! But I'm loving your pics!

Margo

Anonymous said...

My cock would squirt so hard under that pink dress!! My nuts would take suck a pink pettiskirt beating I'd squirt cock snot in class!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails